Windows 10: Windows 10 home oem factory to Windows 10 Pro retail version

Discus and support Windows 10 home oem factory to Windows 10 Pro retail version in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can you use the windows 10 Pro retail version to upgrade an installed oem windows 10 home on a new laptop, and not reset any of the current installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CKing1, Mar 2, 2022.

1. CKing1 Win User

Windows 10 home oem factory to Windows 10 Pro retail version

Can you use the windows 10 Pro retail version to upgrade an installed oem windows 10 home on a new laptop, and not reset any of the current installed settings and programs. Will windows 10 pro retail work as like installing an upgrade version to change the OS to pro retail version and change the OS key to retail version without losing anything current on the new laptop, and not installing as a fresh new install which would wipe out all installed programs and drivers pertaining to the new laptop's Asus factory installed setup for windows 10 home oem system. Or, would I have to buy a windows 10

:)

CKing1, Mar 2, 2022
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Mar 2, 2022
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Mar 2, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 home oem factory to Windows 10 Pro retail version - Similar Threads - home oem factory

2. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM PC. Where I will change the product key to Windows 10 Pro Retail which I purchased separately.This Windows 10 Pro Retail I will migrate to another PC and setup in VM in the future.After the migration can I reinstall back the Windows 10 Home OEM on...
  3. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Windows 10 Home OEM PC. Where I will change the product key to Windows 10 Pro Retail which I purchased separately.This Windows 10 Pro Retail I will migrate to another PC and setup in VM in the future.After the migration can I reinstall back the Windows 10 Home OEM on...
  4. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 home oem factory to Windows 10 Pro retail version

Windows 10 home oem factory to Windows 10 Pro retail version: Can you use the windows 10 Pro retail version to upgrade an installed oem windows 10 home on a new laptop, and not reset any of the current installed settings and programs. Will windows 10 pro retail work as like installing an upgrade version to change the OS to pro retail...
  6. Windows 10 home oem factory to Windows 10 Pro retail version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home oem factory to Windows 10 Pro retail version: Can you use the windows 10 Pro retail version to upgrade an installed oem windows 10 home on a new laptop, and not reset any of the current installed settings and programs. Will windows 10 pro retail work as like installing an upgrade version to change the OS to pro retail...
  7. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I want to upgrade toWindows 10 Pro Retail, so that I can move it to future computers when I retire this one. Can I simply purchaseWindows 10 Pro Retail and insert that Retail license key into the change product...
  8. Back to windows 10 home OEM from Pro Retail

Back to windows 10 home OEM from Pro Retail: I've Windows 10 Professional Retail product key. My laptop has Windows 10 Home OEM. I want to upgrade to win 10 Professional Retail. Can I get back to my OEM Win 10 Home again? How? I would like to avoid using product key if I cant get back to my win 10 Home OEM. Please help...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail

Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro Retail: I have Windows 10 Pro Retail license previously in my old PC (own build) and now I bought a new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home OEM installed. How can I upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM in the Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro license from another PC? I don't use the old PC (own build)...
  10. OEM Home to PRO Retail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OEM Home to PRO Retail: I recently bought a Professional Retail Licence. After I the 1903 Update, I decided to perform clean install by using USB Drive. I added ei.cfg [EditionID] Professional [Channel] Retail [VL] 0 I also add pid.txt to automate install, After installation is complete. I...