Windows 10: Windows 10 Home OEM install

Discus and support Windows 10 Home OEM install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I had something strange occur with an install today, and hoping someone can help me. I have a laptop that had Win 10 Ent installed. Using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikBai, Jun 7, 2019.

1. MikBai Win User

Windows 10 Home OEM install

Hey,

I had something strange occur with an install today, and hoping someone can help me. I have a laptop that had Win 10 Ent installed. Using Windows 10 Home install media I booted into the install, deletyed all previous partitions from the previous Windows 10 Ent install, and created a new, formatted partition for the Winodws 10 Home install.

When the install completed. I went to the Activation management, and it was listed as a Windows 10 Pro install and activated with a digital license. Not sure how or why this occurred. I use a Win 10 Pro to create a bootable USB using diskpart and copied the files from the OEM install DVD top the USB. I did confirm that the install.wim file on the USB was a Win 10 Home version.

Thanks,

Mike

:)

MikBai, Jun 7, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home OEM install - Similar Threads - Home OEM install

2. Windows 10 home to windows 10 pro OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home to windows 10 pro OEM: I cloned old PC HDD with Windows 10 Home to SSD of the brand new PC that had windows 10 Pro OEM.How can I update Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro OEM and will I be able to use that OEM key for activation?PS. I am talking about PC that had Windows 10 Pro. Hardware of new PC...
  3. Problem with activating windows on pre installed windows 10 home on oem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with activating windows on pre installed windows 10 home on oem: I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home pre activated from my motherboard manufacturer. I want to upgrade to windows 10 pro, but I want to use it unactivated. So I want it to be as if i have windows 10 pro on a basic computer without activation. How can i do this....
  4. Problem with activating windows on pre installed windows 10 home on oem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with activating windows on pre installed windows 10 home on oem: I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home pre activated from my motherboard manufacturer. I want to upgrade to windows 10 pro, but I want to use it unactivated. So I want it to be as if i have windows 10 pro on a basic computer without activation. How can i do this....
  5. Problem with activating windows on pre installed windows 10 home on oem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Is it possible to change an OEM/Single Language Windows 10 Installation into a Home...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change an OEM/Single Language Windows 10 Installation into a Home...: Same as title, asking because I don't enjoy using Windows 10 in Portuguese (language it came installed with on my laptop after I sent it over to repairs) but I still plan on sharing this laptop with someone that doesn't know much English, but don't want to shell out the money...
  7. Windows 10 home oem edition

Windows 10 home oem edition: My question is does the oem edition come with a key code with it because im planing and building my own pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-oem-edition/b948f4d0-edb4-46f6-a8ad-5bf2d226bb75
  8. Windows 10 Pro OEM to Windows 10 Home?

Windows 10 Pro OEM to Windows 10 Home?: Hi, It won't let me use my Windows 10 Home Product key... Do I have to go from Pro OEM to the real Pro version? Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-oem-to-windows-10-home/aedaadd6-67b5-4e75-bab1-d1586c40e450"
  9. Problem installing Windows 10 x64 Home OEM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing Windows 10 x64 Home OEM: I've tried to install Windows 10 x64 Home OEM but it gets to around 90% and stops. I have two Windows 10 x64 Home OEM packages with activation key. I have tried both and they both do the same thing. I thought it could be the dvd drive but I tried another one that I verified...
  10. Windows 10 OEM Installations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 OEM Installations: Hello, I have searched the internet but can't find any advice on this topic - Windows 8 used to have two separate "images" in that the x32 Image contained the Windows 8 Home x32 and Professional x32 files and the x64 Image contained the Windows 8 Home x64 and Professional...