Windows 10: Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence

Discus and support Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a school that has purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition activated by a Digital Licence. They wish to upgrade the laptop to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rob Pidgley, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence

I have a school that has purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition activated by a Digital Licence.

They wish to upgrade the laptop to Windows 10 Pro and have a valid Volume Licence MAK Key but the laptop will not accept it as valid.

I have re-installed the OS from the Windows 10 Pro ISO from the MSVLSC site, but it still shows as Windows 10 home.

My understanding was that education establishments are allowed to do this. Please can you advise?

Kind Regards,

Rob Pidgley

:)

Rob Pidgley, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence

Windows 10 pro

I need to change my motherboard, have windows 10 pro. When i google how to it says go to activation then add an account, my issue is there is no add an account option under activation? Or am I in the wrong window?

Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence windows%2010%20pro_zpsfb4x7tmp.png

Not sure how to proceed, ive googled it and the same results. Do I have an OEM or? On the disk sleave it says OEI DVD?
    The COA says windows 10 pro for OEM software

jaggerwild, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence

1. Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro upgrade Volume licence - Similar Threads - Home OEM Pro

2. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro: Hello,I purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home OEM license. I'd like to upgrade it to Pro and I have a few questions.1 If I purchase the retails license and apply on this Windows 10 Home in order to upgrade, will this newly upgraded Windows 10 Pro become OEM or it will be...
  3. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro: Hello,I purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home OEM license. I'd like to upgrade it to Pro and I have a few questions.1 If I purchase the retails license and apply on this Windows 10 Home in order to upgrade, will this newly upgraded Windows 10 Pro become OEM or it will be...
  4. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...: I have a machine that needs to be on Windows 7 Pro, the machine hardware is dying so we are needing to image it and move the image to another machine. We then have a machine with a Windows 10 Home OEM licence, if we upgrade that to Windows 10 Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on...
  6. Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you upgrade a Windows 10 Home OEM licence to Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on the...: I have a machine that needs to be on Windows 7 Pro, the machine hardware is dying so we are needing to image it and move the image to another machine. We then have a machine with a Windows 10 Home OEM licence, if we upgrade that to Windows 10 Pro then install Windows 7 Pro on...
  7. Buying Upgrade Licences - Windows 10 home to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buying Upgrade Licences - Windows 10 home to Pro: Hey all... I've 15 new Laptops with Windows 10 Home. I want to upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro (small office environment.. I need Bitlocker). I can do it (buy) via the Activation upgrade option, but it wants to link to a Microsoft account. How can I get official genuine...
  8. Windows 10 Home OEM upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home OEM upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a Lenovo laptop running Win 10 Home, I also have an older PC that was running Windows 10 Pro, this PC is now dead and will never be used again. I have tried to upgrade my laptop using the product key from the dead PC but get an error message that I don't have a...
  9. Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?: Hello there, I want to upgrade my HP laptop from Windows 10 Home OEM license to Pro using retail key but i always get the error windows is not activated even though it is a genuine product key from Microsoft. Thanks in advance for any help....
  10. upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence: hey hi, i have purchased a acer nitro 5 laptop from us which has a pre installed windows 10 home operating system i have done a fresh clean install of windows again ,and got back my licence from digital license and my question is can i upgrade to windows 10 pro with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing windows 10 pro on a laptop that has home licence

2. upgrade licence volume licence

3. windows 10 pro licence volume