Windows 10: Windows 10 home on wifi network can't see shares on windows home server

Discus and support Windows 10 home on wifi network can't see shares on windows home server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently purchased an HP laptop which only has wifi connectivity. It has windows 10 home preinstalled I have a windows home server (V1) via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DannyChan1, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 home on wifi network can't see shares on windows home server

I have recently purchased an HP laptop which only has wifi connectivity. It has windows 10 home preinstalled

I have a windows home server (V1) via ethernet to my router.

I cannot turn on file sharing on the windows 10 home unit.

I cannot see the windows home server in networking (I can ping the ip address successfully) once connected to the router.

Is this a windows 10 issue? Should I upgrade to Windows 10 professional?

Can I upgrade to pro from an oem installation? will i need to do a full windows installation again?

Regards,

Danny

:)

DannyChan1, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 home on wifi network can't see shares on windows home server

Cannot open network and sharing center in windows 10

Hi Aman,

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• Do you get any error message, when trying to open network and sharing center?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to fix the issue.

Method 1: Install all the Windows 10 pending updates and check if it helps.

I suggest you check for the pending updates in resolving the issue.

• In search type Check for updates and hit enter.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Windows 10 will automatically install all the pending updates.
    If the issue still persist, suggest you to try the below step to fix the issue.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    Run the DISM Tool and check.

The DISM tool checks the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Reference: I suggest you to follow the steps recommended in the below article for any network connection issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 home on wifi network can't see shares on windows home server

1. Windows 10 home on wifi network can't see shares on windows home server - Similar Threads - home wifi network

2. HOME NETWORK AND SERVER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOME NETWORK AND SERVER: how do I setup a home network? one device is windows 10 and the other is windows 10 upgraded to windows 11. the windows 11 I also want to setup as a server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-and-server/85a71c6a-03c2-45c0-a5ce-5e7c76ad0b4d
  3. HOME NETWORK AND SERVER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOME NETWORK AND SERVER: how do I setup a home network? one device is windows 10 and the other is windows 10 upgraded to windows 11. the windows 11 I also want to setup as a server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network-and-server/85a71c6a-03c2-45c0-a5ce-5e7c76ad0b4d
  4. Sharing problems on home wifi network with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing problems on home wifi network with Windows 11.: Windows 11. I need to transfer files from an old computer running Windows 10 to my new computer Windows 11 using my home WIFI network. I had trouble setting up the sharing feature on both and now it seems like I'm locked out of access to the old computer when on File Explorer...
  5. Sharing problems on home wifi network with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing problems on home wifi network with Windows 11.: Windows 11. I need to transfer files from an old computer running Windows 10 to my new computer Windows 11 using my home WIFI network. I had trouble setting up the sharing feature on both and now it seems like I'm locked out of access to the old computer when on File Explorer...
  6. Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see home WiFi network but can see others in the area: Yesterday I could see my home WiFi network on my laptop and today I can't. All other devices in the house are still connected to and can see and connect to it but my laptop can't even see it. On my laptop I can see other WiFi networks in the area but not my own. I've rebooted...
  7. Windows 10 on WIFI home network

Windows 10 on WIFI home network: setting up computer file access between multiple computers on home WIFI network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-wifi-home-network/a85e2394-e2ea-4c37-bcb9-bf444bb8c463
  8. Sharing Files - Home Network - Window 10

Sharing Files - Home Network - Window 10: I have a a TP-Link router that I have a hard drive (HHD) connected. Within my home network, my Smart TVs, Android Tablets, and Windows 8 Laptops can see the HHD no problem. My Windows 10 machine is not able to see it. The Win 10 machine file explorer: - Under Computer it...
  9. Windows 10 home network / file sharing

Windows 10 home network / file sharing: This is an extension of a thread of the same name in Feb 2019. I've been away for the last 2 weeks and now find I cannot reply on the earlier thread. So I'll start again with an expanded version of the problem. I have 3 Windows 10 computers connected over a wifi...
  10. Cannot see other computer shares on home network

Cannot see other computer shares on home network: I just re-installed Windows 10 clean on my wife's computer. Network Discovery is turned on but I cannot see other computers on my home network. When I enter the UNC path to any network share I get the following: "You don't have permission to access the share". This...