Windows 10: Windows 10 Home & OOBE

Discus and support Windows 10 Home & OOBE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello... I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 Home on my Dell Dimension E521 (4GB RAM/AMD Sempron 3400+ (1.80GHz) processor); at the point where it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark L. Ellis, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home & OOBE

Hello...

I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 Home on my Dell Dimension E521 (4GB RAM/AMD Sempron 3400+ (1.80GHz) processor); at the point where it asks me to select the region, it gives me a 1-word message - OOBEREGION. I have tried clicking Try Again many times and then finally clicked Skip. Afterwards, I get 1-word messages such as OOBEKEYBOARD, OOBENETWORK, OOBELOCAL, & a more than a few others that I can't recall right now.

I've heard there's a way to create an "answer file" to "pre-load" the data that OOBE is trying to gather, but it seems rather complex for a home user like myself to do. Can anyone please point me to some form of support (step-by-step, if possible) on how to do this so my computer will stop the "OOBE thing"? I just simply want to be able to use Windows 10 Home on my PC again (it had it before, but crashed; I tried to reinstall it and ran into the same situation described in this paragraph, so I got frustrated, went to Linux Mint 19, then Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, & now I'm trying to go back to Windows 10 Home (the Linux GRUB bootloader has been removed and the drive boots up fine - until the OOBE gets involved, then it's a continual loop). I can go back to Linux Mint or Ubuntu, but I'd prefer not to since my other device (an RCA laptop/tablet hybrid) also runs Windows 10 Home.

Thanks in advance.

Mark "The Auditor"

Edmond, OK, USA

:)

Mark L. Ellis, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home & OOBE

OOBE

Hi,

To assist you better regarding with OOBE message, we suggest that you provide us a screenshot of the error message.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Carlos Tin, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home & OOBE

1. Windows 10 Home & OOBE - Similar Threads - Home OOBE

2. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  3. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home: So our C drive was getting full and I deleted some apps and things. Then my husband's user profile disappeared from our home lock screen. We use to see both names on the bottom left for each of us to sign in. I thought I accidentally somehow deleted his account but his name...
  4. User account missing from lock screen, Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network: My new Microsoft Surface Laptop 6 running Windows 11 can't see other Win11 PC on network. It sees Win10 PC and prompts for sign in which doesn't work even though I know the credentials are good. Other Win11 PC connects fine to both the new Win11 PC and old Win10 PC. Also,...
  6. Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network

Can't get new Win11 PC working properly on home network: My new Microsoft Surface Laptop 6 running Windows 11 can't see other Win11 PC on network. It sees Win10 PC and prompts for sign in which doesn't work even though I know the credentials are good. Other Win11 PC connects fine to both the new Win11 PC and old Win10 PC. Also,...
  7. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  8. Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro

Windows Pro downgraded to Home on OEM License of Pro: Dell OEM license for Windows 8 pro was upgraded to 11 pro a few years ago, now It's on 11 Home. I upgraded to Win 11 Pro some years ago and it's been fine. How do I go back to 11 Pro without having to reinstall? I used ShowKeyPlus and it shows installed key as Win 10 RTM Core...
  9. Windows 10 Home OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home OOBE: I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 and it was running Windows 10 Business through a Microsoft 365 tenant. Looking back now, I don’t know why I fancied rebuilding it, but I made a Windows 10 bootable USB and reset my Laptop. Problem I’ve got is that the motherboard license on this...
  10. Windows 10 Home OOBE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home OOBE: I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 and it was running Windows 10 Business through a Microsoft 365 tenant. Looking back now, I don’t know why I fancied rebuilding it, but I made a Windows 10 bootable USB and reset my Laptop. Problem I’ve got is that the motherboard license on this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home oobe

2. oobe windows 10