Windows 10: Windows 10 Home OOBE

Discus and support Windows 10 Home OOBE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 and it was running Windows 10 Business through a Microsoft 365 tenant. Looking back now, I don’t know why I fancied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nick Clayden, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home OOBE

I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 and it was running Windows 10 Business through a Microsoft 365 tenant. Looking back now, I don’t know why I fancied rebuilding it, but I made a Windows 10 bootable USB and reset my Laptop.

Problem I’ve got is that the motherboard license on this device is Windows 10 Home so that’s what it’s defaulted back to and i can’t get beyond the Network Screen on the OOBE. I connect my Wifi or Ethernet, then it just sits on “Checking connection to Microsoft. This might take a while...”. After that while, it fails and says “Looks like something happened. Let’s try that again” and I have to reconnect my Wifi. I don’t get to the Account option, this OOBE is taking me through Language -> Keyboard and then straight to Network, where I’ve got no choice but to connect.

Has anyone either experienced this or got a way round it please?

:)

Nick Clayden, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Home OOBE

OOBE

Hi,

To assist you better regarding with OOBE message, we suggest that you provide us a screenshot of the error message.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Carlos Tin, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home OOBE

1. Windows 10 Home OOBE - Similar Threads - Home OOBE

2. Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet: Adapter seems to work but not connecting to the internet. I have the latest drivers and MB biosGigabyte aorus z790 pro x 1.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-7-mt7927-connected-to-home-network/22cc59d0-f9b0-4959-a985-add359240d06
  3. Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet: Adapter seems to work but not connecting to the internet. I have the latest drivers and MB biosGigabyte aorus z790 pro x 1.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-7-mt7927-connected-to-home-network/22cc59d0-f9b0-4959-a985-add359240d06
  4. Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home: I am just setting up my first Windows 11 Home computer and am struggling to get Offline files working.I have mapped a network drive as the the S drive, but the Always Available option is missing when I right-click it.I've gone into Symc Center but when I click 'Manage offline...
  5. Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home

Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home: I am just setting up my first Windows 11 Home computer and am struggling to get Offline files working.I have mapped a network drive as the the S drive, but the Always Available option is missing when I right-click it.I've gone into Symc Center but when I click 'Manage offline...
  6. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  7. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  8. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows 10 Home OOBE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home OOBE: I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 and it was running Windows 10 Business through a Microsoft 365 tenant. Looking back now, I don’t know why I fancied rebuilding it, but I made a Windows 10 bootable USB and reset my Laptop. Problem I’ve got is that the motherboard license on this...
  10. Windows 10 Home & OOBE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home & OOBE: Hello... I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 Home on my Dell Dimension E521 (4GB RAM/AMD Sempron 3400+ (1.80GHz) processor); at the point where it asks me to select the region, it gives me a 1-word message - OOBEREGION. I have tried clicking Try Again many times and then...