Windows 10: Windows 10 Home or pro for gaming also using Networking

Discus and support Windows 10 Home or pro for gaming also using Networking in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Two PCs that have windows 10 Pro installed and they are connected via network router. Im going to update my main PC components ie CPU and MOBO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Driver170, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Driver170 Win User

Windows 10 Home or pro for gaming also using Networking

I have Two PCs that have windows 10 Pro installed and they are connected via network router. Im going to update my main PC components ie CPU and MOBO etc and do a clean install of windows. If i choose windows home on my main gaming PC can i still connect this PC to my second PC that has Windows 10 pro installed?

:)

Driver170, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Network adaptor

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.
    For games I suggest you to disable the proxy settings and then try to download the games.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home or pro for gaming also using Networking - Similar Threads - Home pro gaming

2. Networking: Windows Home not seeing Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networking: Windows Home not seeing Windows Pro: Hello. I am trying to network two computers PC-1 Win 10 Pro 21H2 and PC-2 Win 10 Home 22H2. My PC-1 active network is T&D5 and PC-2 is Ivey. They are both connected with an ethernet cable to a D-Link switcher which is in turn connected to the same router. The Advanced sharing...
  3. Networking: Windows Home not seeing Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networking: Windows Home not seeing Windows Pro: Hello. I am trying to network two computers PC-1 Win 10 Pro 21H2 and PC-2 Win 10 Home 22H2. My PC-1 active network is T&D5 and PC-2 is Ivey. They are both connected with an ethernet cable to a D-Link switcher which is in turn connected to the same router. The Advanced sharing...
  4. Networking: Windows Home not seeing Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking: Windows Home not seeing Windows Pro: Hello. I am trying to network two computers PC-1 Win 10 Pro and PC-2 Win 10 Home. My PC-1 active network is T&D5 and PC-2 is Ivey. They are both connected with an ethernet cable to a D-Link switcher which is in turn connected to the same router. The Advanced sharing settings...
  5. Steam games on windows 10 home vs pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Steam games on windows 10 home vs pro: The man who repairs my computer said if I want to activate windows home edition, the Steam games I have won't work on it because of the graphics settings on the games. This sounds like total BS to me and just a way to get $100 out of me. Do I really need to Upgrade to Windows...
  6. Windows 10 Home to Pro using linked account

Windows 10 Home to Pro using linked account: i had Windows 10 Pro license key linked to my Microsoft account and my old laptop had Windows 10 Pro in it.I purchased a new laptop which came with Windows 10 Home. I want to change it into Pro. I have signed my Microsoft account into it but it still remains Home version....
  7. Commercial Use - Windows Home 10 to Windows 10 Pro

Commercial Use - Windows Home 10 to Windows 10 Pro: Hi, We have a laptop which has Windows 10 Home pre-installed. We want to upgrade this to the Pro edition. This laptop is business property; are we able to upgrade for commercial use? I asked our supplier for an upgraded license but have been told that we are unable to...
  8. Home networking with Windows 10 pro problem

Home networking with Windows 10 pro problem: When I try to map NAS units on my home network I receive a message that I cannot connect to my file share because it is not secure. Also that this connection requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol that could expose my pc to attacks. As I have a total of 7 NAS units storing my...
  9. Networking using Windows 10 Pro

Networking using Windows 10 Pro: I have upgrade my two systems to Windows 10 Pro. I need to connect then over a local network. I need instructions and cannot find anything on the internet referring to PRO. Help?...
  10. networking a win 10 home to win7 pro

networking a win 10 home to win7 pro: "You bo not have permission to access" when I try to open a floder on the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/networking-a-win-10-home-to-win7-pro/515d64ae-2e9c-48f9-b0bd-b53a264633dd