Windows 10: Windows 10 Home - "Other user" on Login - Unable to see Local Account

Discus and support Windows 10 Home - "Other user" on Login - Unable to see Local Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This has just started happening this week on Dell and HP desktops with Windows 10 Home. I have a local account for Administrator access on all of them... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Shawn SLS, May 8, 2020.

1. Shawn SLS Win User

Windows 10 Home - "Other user" on Login - Unable to see Local Account

This has just started happening this week on Dell and HP desktops with Windows 10 Home. I have a local account for Administrator access on all of them but a few of these PCs have changed behavior and now show the "Other user" login screen. I have to type the admin name and password to log on. Not the biggest problem, but it gets worse.

Once I create a new Local account for a non-admin user on these PCs my original Admin account becomes inaccessible. The "Other user" login display is replaced with only the new Local user account who does not have Admin access. When UAC pops up there is only a "NO" button, no "YES" button or ability to enter my Admin password.

Any suggestions or explanation are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Shawn SLS, May 8, 2020

2. Use a Local user Account to login to Windows 10 PC

Hello Vojta,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want a Local user account to login to your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to convert the Microsoft Account you are using to a Local Account.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Sign in with a local account instead ” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 8, 2020
  3. Unable to login to local user account in Windows 10 while in administrator account

Hi Alren,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, I like to know; did you install Windows 10 through Windows Update or clean installation?

As per your query I would suggest you to check, if your Local user account is listed under all Users.

To check follow the below steps:

1) Press Windows key + R to open run prompt.

2) Type .. (double dot) and hit Enter, check if the user account listed or not.

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, May 8, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Home - "Other user" on Login - Unable to see Local Account :(

Zakin, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home - "Other user" on Login - Unable to see Local Account - Similar Threads - Home user Login

2. Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home: Hi Support team,Could you please assist me on the local user creation in Windows 10 Home. I couldn't create and getting the error. Please see attachment for your reference.Thank you,...
  3. Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home: Hi Support team,Could you please assist me on the local user creation in Windows 10 Home. I couldn't create and getting the error. Please see attachment for your reference.Thank you,...
  4. Unable to create local user in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot login to other users accounts on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to other users accounts on Windows 11 Home: I have been able to login to the 2 other accounts on this now 1+yr old PC until very recently--suddenly there is no option to do switch accounts and it remains in the account of the last logged in user. I have tried adding the fast user switching DWORD manually into the...
  6. Cannot login to other users accounts on Windows 11 Home

Cannot login to other users accounts on Windows 11 Home: I have been able to login to the 2 other accounts on this now 1+yr old PC until very recently--suddenly there is no option to do switch accounts and it remains in the account of the last logged in user. I have tried adding the fast user switching DWORD manually into the...
  7. Account picture propagates to other local users of the home PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account picture propagates to other local users of the home PCs: The same account picture keeps showing up on everyone's user account. This is a recent issue. We have several PCs in the house, and my family members each have local user accounts on all of them. We keep our data on a home server, not in the cloud, and I only have one...
  8. Account picture propagates to other local users of the home PCs

Account picture propagates to other local users of the home PCs: The same account picture keeps showing up on everyone's user account. This is a recent issue. We have several PCs in the house, and my family members each have local user accounts on all of them. We keep our data on a home server, not in the cloud, and I only have one...
  9. Account picture propagates to other local users of the home PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot see/login into other users at Login or Switch Users: Hi all, My computer has three users on it (John, Lawrence, and Elizabeth). The problem right now is that John is the only one that can login to the computer. For Lawrence and Elizabeth, their users don't appear at the login screen (not even in the bottom left hand...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant see other users in windows 10 home