Windows 10: Windows 10 Home password expires enable

Discus and support Windows 10 Home password expires enable in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need to enable password expiration in the system. The net accounts command has set the password to max 30 days but the password does not change. By... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BibliotekaBarcin, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Home password expires enable

I need to enable password expiration in the system. The net accounts command has set the password to max 30 days but the password does not change. By checking net user "UserName" I get information that the password never expires for a this user. I do not have the ability to use the add-in users and groups, after entering any commands wmic I get the information No Instance (s) Available.
    Please, inform me whether the Home version is able to change the password expiration for users

:)

BibliotekaBarcin, Jul 16, 2018

2. Windows 10 Password Expiration - Enable or Disable

The procedure to disable password expiration listed in prior posts does not work in Windows 10.

The Local User Groups Manager reports:

"This snapin may not be used with this edition of Windows 10.

To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User

Accounts tool in the Control Panel"

But that Windows 10 Control Panel tool does not have an option to Disable the password expiration

I'm using Windows 10 Home - up to date of this post

PastorTylerDaniels, Jul 16, 2018
  3. iSumZheng Win User
    Windows 10 Password Expiration - Enable or Disable

The password expiration is one of properties for user accounts on Windows. This property is disabled by default on Windows 10/8/7. If the password expiration is enabled, once the deadline is up, Windows will alert that your
    password has expired and must be changed
    . You can fix this problem, click link to see the solution.

Here this guide will show you 2 ways to disable password expiration.

Option 1: disable password expiration in Local User and Group

Step 1: Open Local User and Group.

Press Win + R to open Run dialog, type in
    lusrmgr.msc
    , then click OK.

Windows 10 Home password expires enable 83d4bcda-c051-4df5-974a-788964ed7cb9.png

Step 2: Click on User folder, double-click on a user account that you want to disable its password expiration.

Windows 10 Home password expires enable 02f171cc-3d59-4e0a-8773-c49b433498ed.png

Step 3: In Properties dialog, select the General tab, check the
    Password never expires checkbox, then click Apply followed by
    OK.

Windows 10 Home password expires enable 54e7d290-81b6-4ac3-ac23-b2a59b8554cc.png

Option 2: disable password expiration in Command Prompt

Step 1: Open and run Command Prompt as an administrator.

To do: Press Windows logo key+ X, and hit A
    key on keyboard.

Windows 10 Home password expires enable 294ccd0d-c409-4014-a29c-2f17dbf860e8.png

Step 2: In the opening window, type in wmic UserAccount where Name='username' set PasswordExpires=False, and press
    Enter key to execute this command.

Tip: Replace the username with your user name.

False = Disabled

True = Enabled

Windows 10 Home password expires enable 983d5605-2a0f-4353-a483-5aa8ba2e3052.png

When it shows Property(s) update successful, the user’s password expiration is disabled.

Step 3: If you want to disable password expiration for all user accounts at once, type
    wmic UserAccount set PasswordExpires=False, and press the
    Enter
    key.

Windows 10 Home password expires enable 51a225f6-b300-44d7-b679-f103de1c4118.png

When finished, close the Command Prompt window.

iSumZheng, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Home password expires enable

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home password expires enable

1. Windows 10 Home password expires enable - Similar Threads - Home password expires

2. Windows 10 expired password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 expired password: I’ve have had my new computer nearly two months and today when I turned it on I got the message my password has expired but I can’t remember ever setting one for this computer, so it won’t let me reset it because I don’t know the expired password. The thing is it let me log...
  3. Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home.: Tried searching google for the answer and guides to do this serviced everything but windows 10 home. Windows 10 pro has features Windows 10 home doesn't have. I'd like to not have to change my password everything month. Get's annoying. Edit: OS: Windows 10 Home CPU:...
  4. Windows 10 HOME password expires soon. How to stop expiration

Windows 10 HOME password expires soon. How to stop expiration: ** This is in Windows 10 HOME so please don't offer suggestions regarding Local Policy or running CMD as an Admin - none of those options appear to work. ** After starting a course online, and logging in to their system, I inadvertently allowed the system to start a...
  5. Windows 10 password expired?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 password expired?: I got back in by just pressing the right arrow because I don't have a password. Is there anyway to switch the expiry date off or extend it. submitted by /u/Codeline7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk9sei/windows_10_password_expired/
  6. Password expiration on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password expiration on Windows 10: How do I disable password expiration on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-expiration-on-windows-10/552502a1-8b19-4717-b0de-00555a8db2b6
  7. Windows 10 Home, Your password has expired...

Windows 10 Home, Your password has expired...: Hi Noticed this on now two different Windows 10 Home installs. Conditions: Windows 10 Home Local account no password Login page: "Your password has expired and must be changed." Yes, Home, not Professional, therefore no Group Policy to turn this on or off. Just...
  8. Is windows 10 home expired?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is windows 10 home expired?: I was told by a tech person that it is expired and I will lose everything if I don't upgrade immediately. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/is-windows-10-home-expired/b1b9d593-35c1-4242-921c-6c54175807f0
  9. Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Your Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Your Microsoft Account: How to: Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Your Microsoft Account How to Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Your Microsoft Account [img] Information If you like, you can enable password expiration for your Microsoft account (MSA) to make you change your...
  10. Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Local Accounts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Local Accounts in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Local Accounts in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Password Expiration for Local Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information Password expiration is a feature in Windows that forces a maximum (42 days by default) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home password expired