Windows 10: Windows 10 Home - PC Crashes and Restarts at Random

Discus and support Windows 10 Home - PC Crashes and Restarts at Random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The PC crashes at random intervals, this error screen pops up for a second and then it restarts as if nothing happened. Does anyone know what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrTsubodai, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home - PC Crashes and Restarts at Random

The PC crashes at random intervals, this error screen pops up for a second and then it restarts as if nothing happened. Does anyone know what is causing this issue?

Windows 10 Home - PC Crashes and Restarts at Random [​IMG]

:)

MrTsubodai, Nov 9, 2019

2. Random Restarts - Windows 7-64 bit

I have an ASUS desktop, that at random intervals, will completely shutdown and restart.

I get a message upon restart saying that Windows has recovered from a serious error.

How do i figure out what is causing the crash and hopefully resolve it??

snuffnchess, Nov 9, 2019
  3. random crashes and pc restarts...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

We understand the difficulties, as the PC is crashing randomly and restarting. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What was the KB number of the update that installed prior to this issue? (Open Settings and go to Updates & Security and check the update history under Windows updates)
    • Please provide us the screenshot of the Event Viewer page where you are seeing the errors. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
      posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

However, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if the issue persist.

Launch PC in Safe mode.

Please refer this
    safe mode
    article and start the PC in safe mode. If the issue persist in safe mode then perform clean boot in safe mode environment, please follow the steps mentioned in this

clean boot
    article. A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, if the issue doesn’t persist in safe mode, then try clean boot in normal mode, so that you can determine whether a background
    program is interfering and causing this issue.

Clean Boot Disclaimer: A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with
    your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home - PC Crashes and Restarts at Random

random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home - PC Crashes and Restarts at Random

1. Windows 10 Home - PC Crashes and Restarts at Random - Similar Threads - Home Crashes Restarts

2. Random restarts and crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts and crashes: I have been getting the past month alot of random restarts and it is not from cpu overheatingLately my pc has been warning me in the event tracker about dropping to low power mode then to full quality mode constantly or something about pci expressThe errors ive had by now...
  3. PC Randomly Crashes and Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Randomly Crashes and Restarts: Good evening,My computer keeps crashing out of nowhere and I am unable to identify what is causing the crashes. My computer is a custom-built computer, and when I first built it, I installed Windows on my SSD. In less than a week, Windows kept crashing and blue-screening...
  4. PC Randomly Crashes and Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Crashes and Restarts: Good evening,My computer keeps crashing out of nowhere and I am unable to identify what is causing the crashes. My computer is a custom-built computer, and when I first built it, I installed Windows on my SSD. In less than a week, Windows kept crashing and blue-screening...
  5. PC Randomly Crashes and Restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 PC random Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC random Restart: Hi all,I am experiencing a strange issue on my PC and that of my other half in which our PCs will randomly restart now this dose not matter what we are doing it can happen while gaming or even just on the main desktop doing nothing. so far i have checked my drivers and...
  7. Windows 10 PC random Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC random Restart: Hi all,I am experiencing a strange issue on my PC and that of my other half in which our PCs will randomly restart now this dose not matter what we are doing it can happen while gaming or even just on the main desktop doing nothing. so far i have checked my drivers and...
  8. Windows 10 PC random Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows Home upgraded to windows 10 enterprise randomly while restarting the PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Home upgraded to windows 10 enterprise randomly while restarting the PC: [ATTACH] Windows home randomly upgraded to windows 10 enterprise during a restart. Now when I try to change the product key back to windows home product key... it shows up with an error..Please help and the Activate Windows watermark shows up...
  10. random crashes and pc restarts...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random crashes and pc restarts...: looked at the event viewer I see kernel power and random windows components fails... is it because of the latest windows update?? :/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-crashes-and-pc-restarts/4aa247b8-e271-4400-bc59-d8ef2bb9e871