Windows 10: Windows 10 Home - PHYSICAL ethernet network issues when 3rd parties VIRTUAL network drivers...

Discus and support Windows 10 Home - PHYSICAL ethernet network issues when 3rd parties VIRTUAL network drivers... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I realized that when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a proper network config on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phil12345678910, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home - PHYSICAL ethernet network issues when 3rd parties VIRTUAL network drivers...

Hi,

I realized that when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a proper network config on my physical ethernet adapter

that, until I used the network troubleshooter !! .... every day !! :-$

so it appears that win 10 home edition is not capable of working correctly when installing virtual network drivers from 3rd parties

now why is it working the day you install nmap/virtual box ??? and not the following days ??? This could be a clue I guess

just like if windows was trying to setup the wrong adapter on startup, or using the wrong gateway, which leads to no dhcp at all

- can this be investigated seriously ? anyone had the same problem ?

- to reproduce this: just install nmap or virtual box, then next day you should see the network adapter is not configured properly, sometimes complaining about wrong network config or gateway issues

thanks

:)

phil12345678910, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter issue Windows 10.

Hi Annas,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:

• Do you receive any error prompt or error code?
    • Does your computer connected to a domain?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    The wireless Hosted Network is a new WLAN feature supported on Windows 10. This feature implements two major functions:

• The virtualization of a physical wireless adapter into more than one virtual wireless adapter sometimes referred to as Virtual Wi-Fi.

• A software-based wireless access point (AP) sometimes referred to as a SoftAP that uses a designated virtual wireless adapter.

The manufacturer that built your wireless driver needs to supply that driver software from the official website and install all the latest Windows 10 builds available on your system.

Please refer to the article, created by Isha Soni, replied on October 13, 2015, to fix your issue with Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter and check, if it works.

hosted network virtual adapter

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Swapna S Win User

Windows 10 Home - PHYSICAL ethernet network issues when 3rd parties VIRTUAL network drivers...

Ethernet connection issue with error msg " unidentified network "

Hi Ahmed,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in connecting with Ethernet.

This issue might occur, if the network adapter driver is corrupt.

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: Troubleshooting Network adapter.

• Press Windows Key + X from your keyboard and select
      Control Panel option.

• Change to Large under
      View all option, you will see at right top corner of the window.

• Click on Troubleshooting, Go to
      View all option (you will see at left pane), select Network adapter from the list and click on
      troubleshoot.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Command prompt (Run as admin).

• Enter the below command and press Enter.

ipconfig /renew

• Now restart your PC and check the
      Ethernet settings.

If the issue still persists,

Please refer the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to to fix issue with Network.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Please get back to us, if you still facing issue
    in connecting with Ethernet.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home - PHYSICAL ethernet network issues when 3rd parties VIRTUAL network drivers...

1. Windows 10 Home - PHYSICAL ethernet network issues when 3rd parties VIRTUAL network drivers... - Similar Threads - Home PHYSICAL ethernet

2. Network And Ethernet Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network And Ethernet Issues: Hi. My wifi adapter just randomly shuts off for some reason, i watched many videos on how to fix but they don't seem to do the job. My ipv6 just randomly shuts down when i start a discord call and then i have to restart my laptop to make it work again.And my ethernet adapter...
  3. Network And Ethernet Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network And Ethernet Issues: Hi. My wifi adapter just randomly shuts off for some reason, i watched many videos on how to fix but they don't seem to do the job. My ipv6 just randomly shuts down when i start a discord call and then i have to restart my laptop to make it work again.And my ethernet adapter...
  4. Windows 10 Home - eth network issues when 3rd parties network drivers are installed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home - eth network issues when 3rd parties network drivers are installed: Hi, I realized than when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a proper network config on my physical ethernet adapter that, until I used the nw troubleshooter so it appears that win 10 home edition is not...
  5. Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers

Windows 10 - virtual network drivers issues with 3rd parties virtual drivers: Hi, I realized than when I installed nMap or Virtual box , starting up the computer the next day caused windows not to get a network config on my eth adapter that, until I used the nw troubleshooter so it appears that win 10 home edition is not capable of working...
  6. 3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    3rd party alternative to Windows 10 Virtual Desktops?: The windows 10 virtual desktop is driving me crazy. If I have a word doc open in desktop 1 and open another word doc in desktop 2, the new doc automatically opens in desktop 1. IK then have to go to the control pane, find the doc, and move it to the appropriate desktop. This...
  7. Home network with Ethernet

Home network with Ethernet: Home network problems and ethernet speed continues. I have 3 computers connected with Ethernet through a router / cable modem. All 3 computers are running Windows 10 (20H2) 19042.630 All settings are exactly the same, and they all use the one and only account I have Still...
  8. Ethernet network issue on Home network

Ethernet network issue on Home network: Ok, my problem is that every time I restart or shutdown or reboot my computer, windows 10, 2004 version, build 19041.572, I cannot see any of the other computers on my home network nor can I see my own computer listed in File Explorer under Network. But I can see Media...
  9. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? Im running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will hold (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this? I did...
  10. Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual folders in Win 10 Home? 3rd party app?: Any way to create virtual folders in Windows 10? I’m running the latest version of Win 10 Home. I want to create and use some virtual folders which will ‘’hold’’ (link) files from various other folders (directories). Any way to create these virtual folders? Any app for this?...