Windows 10: Windows 10 home pin no longer working

Discus and support Windows 10 home pin no longer working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey all, Recently my windows 10 pin stopped working. When I go to sign in it says 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ComradeCovert, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 home pin no longer working

Hey all,

Recently my windows 10 pin stopped working. When I go to sign in it says 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.' If I click, it just displays an infinite loading circle. I can still log in if I select the password option but that's it.

I had a pin set up before, and I have another PC still working which I use the same account and pin on. When I go to settings to try and make a new one, it says 'Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organizations resources. Tap or click to fix it.' If I do click, it brings up a sign on screen, but attempting to sign in with my personal account causes it to say 'You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead.'

I use this laptop for personal use, so I have absolutely no clue why my Windows 10 Home edition is asking for a work or school account only. I just did a windows reset for unrelated reasons, but it did not fix it or change it in any way.

:)

ComradeCovert, Sep 11, 2020

2. PIN no longer working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having issues in using and setting up PIN on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to login to the PC prior to this issue, or this is the first time?
    • Are you able to login to the same user account using the password?

If you are bale to login to the PC with the help of the password, then refer this article to troubleshoot:
    Fix problems with your PIN

Meanwhile, we would also suggest you to perform these steps and check, if you are able to login to the account using password or boot the PC in
    safe modefrom login screen.

Note:
    Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

Steps to delete the NGC folder

1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    2. Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    3. When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\TestHooks
    4. In the right pane, double click on the DWORD entry named value set it to
    5. Close registry settings and open File Explorer.
    6. Navigate to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC and delete all the contents in the NGC folder
    7. Restart the PC and then add PIN in Windows Settings
      (Accounts > Sign in option > Windows Hello PIN).

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 11, 2020
  3. eidairaman1, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 home pin no longer working

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 home pin no longer working

1. Windows 10 home pin no longer working - Similar Threads - home pin longer

2. Pin no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin no longer works: how can i change the user in windows, my wife passed away and i am using her computer since mine was pretty old, i have her pin but don't have her password and it's not a current email, the pin used to work now it doesn't now...
  3. Pin no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin no longer works: how can i change the user in windows, my wife passed away and i am using her computer since mine was pretty old, i have her pin but don't have her password and it's not a current email, the pin used to work now it doesn't now...
  4. PIN no longer works following Bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN no longer works following Bios update: I recently updated to Windows 11. After it updated to that, it then went straight to updating the Bios. After the updates were completed it says "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up you PIN again." When I go...
  5. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  6. After update my pin no longer works.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update my pin no longer works.: I updated my pc, the next morning I turned it on and it says my pin is no longer available due to security settings. I've tried everything google knows with no positive results. Anyone else have this issue? I work from home so this needs to be resolved asap!!...
  7. Pin to start no longer works

Pin to start no longer works: After the last windows 10 software update, there are several problems. The most annoying is that the pin to start no longer works. Can that be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-to-start-no-longer-works/f1ca1526-ce8a-4e4b-a8da-f8ac03219fde
  8. PIN no longer working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN no longer working: I tried to use my new laptop and this message pops up when I try to do anything . I don't know how to get the settings to change my PIN[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-no-longer-working/1b1f05aa-93b2-4e9b-8b59-cdcaad0e98a5
  9. Password not known and pin no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password not known and pin no longer works: I have always used my pin in windows 10. I tried to guess at password and failed. I needed password to be able to access from another computer, so I went through change of password with admin command prompt. Something went wron. When I try to enter the pin, it states the...
  10. Windows 10 - No longer able to log in with pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 - No longer able to log in with pin: Hello, I use Lenovo Miix 700 (tablet) that I received through my school. The original account was my school account, but after adding my microsoft account as the main account it doesn't show the account picture I set or my username. Instead it is just the blank picture and...