Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The problem with windows power scheme changing is occurring from windows updates but not only this but that it changes sleep to 1 minute so the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by conshienshous, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update

The problem with windows power scheme changing is occurring from windows updates but not only this but that it changes sleep to 1 minute so the system is basically just periodically shutting down, or going to sleep.

Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update c6405f23-b1ed-4e96-8c7c-2c2d09d304a7?upload=true.png

I have searched on google for a way to permanently disable windows updates which surprisingly didn't work. I mean after checking all the processes and other things I was surprised to find that windows update made an alternate route, a remediation, to continue updates so I have been in a battle to keep my PC running.

The power scheme was for example high performance and after the update issue was made a custom method.

Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update cceac011-230e-4aab-88c0-b40bc300e8ea?upload=true.png

I want to disable updates or atleast figure out why my power scheme keeps getting changed... What to do?

I have Norton Security but I don't think it's causing the issue

This is my system information:

Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update 219ceeea-7fbf-48e4-b3f0-3baa04381d1a?upload=true.png

:)

conshienshous, Mar 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 hibernating/sleep mode after 1 minute of inactivity.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you for the issue.

I would suggest you to change the Power save option to avoid the computer go to sleep with in 2 minute.

Follow the steps:

• Right click on the start button
      and select Control Panel.

• Next select Power option
      (search in the search bar option if unable to found).

• Click on the Power saver
      and then select Change Plan Settings.

• Make the changes according to you and save it.
    If you are still facing the issue then try running troubleshooter for
    Power. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X key. 

• Select Control panel.

• In the search box, type
      Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.

• Click on Power
      and click on next.

• Follow the onscreen instruction.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 18, 2019
  3. windows 10 sleep resets to 1 minute

every few days my desktop (Dell alienware, windows 10 pro, version 1803, os 17134.285) resets the power and sleep setting, "Sleep" to 1 minute. This is visible on the power & sleep panel (and the computer does sleep after a minute).

This is a serious problem because I often work connected to remote computers and when the computer sleeps, those connections are lost and take a long time to manually reset. This is the computer sleeping, not the monitor.

I've set this multiple times to 4 hours. I've set all power plans to 4 hours sleep. I've set the screensaver to 9999 minutes AND turned the screen saver off.

There is nothing unusual installed or configured on the machine.

What can cause the sleep timer to change?

joseffrisch, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update

PC goes to sleep after a few minutes

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps below to change your system's sleep settings.

1. Go to Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Change your desired sleep timing in this Tab.

2. Now, click on Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings >Change Advanced Power Settings.

3. Expand Sleep and give the appropriate time.

If this doesn't help, I would suggest you run the built-in troubleshooter:

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.
    • On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”
    • Click on Power. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update

1. Windows 10 Home Power & Sleep scheme changing to 1 minute on Windows Update - Similar Threads - Home Power Sleep

2. Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Goes to Sleep in 1 to 2 Minutes Despite Settings: I have a Dell Latitude 9410 with Windows 10 Professional. For some reason my computer goes to sleep within 1 to 2 minutes despite my power and sleep settings set to 30 to 45 minutes. I've tried a number of suggestions from forums and sources including the items listed...
  3. Sleep mode after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode after 1 minute: Hi there, My laptop is going to sleep after one minute. I have tried numerous solutions but it is still the same. I am not sure how to resolve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-after-1-minute/f1d7da6d-2a1e-4932-950c-e3d3793ccead
  4. Sleep mode after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode after 1 minute: Hi there, My laptop is going to sleep after one minute. I have tried numerous solutions but it is still the same. I am not sure how to resolve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-after-1-minute/f1d7da6d-2a1e-4932-950c-e3d3793ccead
  5. Windows 10 sleep and power settings keep changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sleep and power settings keep changing: Have a rather strange one here that I've been scratching my head on. We run Dell laptops at our job and I keep running into issues with sleep and power settings that don't stay after I make a change. Here is an example: Under Sleep & Power Settings for Sleep, I have the...
  6. Change color scheme for Bash in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change color scheme for Bash in Windows 10: I use f.lux which basically gets rid of "blue light." This means that the dark blue colored directories in my Bash terminal look even uglier than they do otherwise. I mean, whose idea was to make dark blue on a black background, anyways? submitted by /u/bluegreenwindow...
  7. Windows 10 Home Power Scheme Changing On Every Windows Update

Windows 10 Home Power Scheme Changing On Every Windows Update: The problem with windows power scheme changing is occurring from windows updates but not only this but that it changes sleep to 1 minute so the system is basically just periodically shutting down, or going to sleep. I have searched on google for a way to permanently disable...
  8. Windows 10 - Computer Power Off Setting Randomly Changes to 1 Minute

Windows 10 - Computer Power Off Setting Randomly Changes to 1 Minute: I am running Windows 10. So I like to keep my computer power off setting at 2 hours. However, Windows seems to know better than me what I like and it randomly resets the power off time to 1 minute. This reset can occur in 1 hour, 1 day, or 1 week. Any ideas how to stop...
  9. W 10 Home changing its power/sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    W 10 Home changing its power/sleep: My system is running W10 Home X64 ver 1803 updated. Power set at High Performance, Sleep at Never. After some time at idle, maybe an hour or two, it switches to Power Saver, Sleep After 1 minute on its own. System: 8700K, relidded, on Maximus X Hero-WiFi , EVGA 1080ti FTW3...
  10. See Active Power Plan Scheme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Active Power Plan Scheme in Windows 10: How to: See Active Power Plan Scheme in Windows 10 [img] Information A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize system performance, or achieve a balance between the...