Windows 10: Windows 10 Home, Pro & Enterprise

Discus and support Windows 10 Home, Pro & Enterprise in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am at a complete loss here! I spent $139.00 to get an installation ofWindows 10 Home. The email receipt said I was purchasing Windows 10 Home, gave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jimus40, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Jimus40 Win User

Windows 10 Home, Pro & Enterprise

I am at a complete loss here! I spent $139.00 to get an installation ofWindows 10 Home. The email receipt said I was purchasing Windows 10 Home, gave me a product key and a link to install the operating system on myWindows Surface Pro 7. I had previously purchased and install Windows 10 Pro, for $99.00, for my new Surface because that’s what’s on my desktop. However, I found after the installation Windows 10 Pro,it did not support some the hardware capabilities on the Surface.

I decided I wanted to return to Win 10 Home to get those capabilities back. However, after taking that “Install” link from the email, and after the installation, I now haveWindows 10 Enterprise on my Surface and it cannot be activated. Where is my copy of Windows 10 Home? What must I do to get back to that? If that’s not possible, I want my $139.00 back!

Anybody know how I can get this message to Microsoft Support?

Thanks,

Jimus40

:)

Jimus40, Jan 11, 2020

2. Downgrade Windows 10 enterprise to Pro

Hello Mohamed,

Luckily, you can quickly downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro by just changing the product key to the one for Pro.

If you like, the tutorial below can show you step by step the procedure on how to do this.

Downgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

Shawn Brink, Jan 11, 2020
  3. sbpetrack Win User
    Downgrading Windows 10 enterprise to pro

The procedure is a bit arcane, but I have managed to convert an Enterprise Evaluation to Pro, doing it in two steps: EnterpriseEval to Enterprise (unactivated); then Enterprise (unactivated) to Pro. Details here.

(Note to the moderator/owner: apologies if this is not an appropriate post for this thread, in which case I thank you for deleting it. I posted only to update/correct the assertion quoted above.)

sbpetrack, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home, Pro & Enterprise

Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home, Pro & Enterprise

1. Windows 10 Home, Pro & Enterprise - Similar Threads - Home Pro Enterprise

2. Windows 10 Enterprise junk to a Windows 10 Home or Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Enterprise junk to a Windows 10 Home or Pro: Hello.Years ago, I let my younger brother mess with my computer while I went to weld some pipes and he decided to make it "better". I had Windows 8 and it worked fine for years. He put in some free internet "Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB" I didn't think much of it. It...
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise junk to a Windows 10 Home or Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Enterprise junk to a Windows 10 Home or Pro: Hello.Years ago, I let my younger brother mess with my computer while I went to weld some pipes and he decided to make it "better". I had Windows 8 and it worked fine for years. He put in some free internet "Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB" I didn't think much of it. It...
  4. Windows 10 Enterprise junk to a Windows 10 Home or Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 enterprise to home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 enterprise to home: I brought my pc from a local shop and got windows 10 enterprise edition now i have to convert enterprise edition to home. What are the steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-to-home/9d1ded92-f7fd-443b-9101-86e657d0b944
  6. Windows 10 Home/Pro vs Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Home/Pro vs Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC: I don't like Windows 10 Home/Pro edition because it has lots of bugs more a lot than Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC, what do you think? 183081
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise -> Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Enterprise -> Home: For some reason my windows edition is now Enterprise but I only have a license key for Home. It there any wat to change it back to home without wiping the disk and reinstalling windows? I have recently installed a ssd and it was working fine (digital license activated and...
  8. Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro

Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro: I ran into an odd thing today. Have been upgrading Windows 10 Home computers to Windows 10 Pro. I made use of the upgrade option provided in the Microsoft Store paying the C$ 130. Two of the computers showed Windows 10 Enterprise after the upgrade was done. The problem is...
  9. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?: Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible? Thanks 121474
  10. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

in Windows 10 Support
    In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?: Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible? Thanks 121474