Windows 10: Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

Discus and support Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, Someone in my department has accidentally bought 5 devices with Windows 10 Home on instead of Windows 10 Pro. Are we able to re-image the devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SeanR01, Nov 25, 2021.

1. SeanR01 Win User

Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

Hi, Someone in my department has accidentally bought 5 devices with Windows 10 Home on instead of Windows 10 Pro. Are we able to re-image the devices with Windows 10 Pro and then license them using our KMS host and GVLK instead of having to buy a new Windows 10 Pro license for each of the devices?

:)

SeanR01, Nov 25, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing - Similar Threads - home Pro Licensing

2. Windows 10 home digital license on windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home digital license on windows 10 pro: I have windows 10 home digital license but I have installed windows 10 pro which is not activated, the troubleshoot tells me to install a windows 10 home copy to activate windows from the digital license I have for windows 10 home but I already re-installed windows 10 using...
  3. Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license: Hello!I just bought an HP laptop with preinstalled "Windows 10 Home", but I need "Windows 10 Pro" because of Hyper-V. HP claims that there are no restrictions for upgrading OS. So, I made a factory reset and wiped the TPM. Then I performed a clean with drive formatting...
  4. Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license: Hello!I just bought an HP laptop with preinstalled "Windows 10 Home", but I need "Windows 10 Pro" because of Hyper-V. HP claims that there are no restrictions for upgrading OS. So, I made a factory reset and wiped the TPM. Then I performed a clean with drive formatting...
  5. Cannot upgrade "Windows 10 Home" license to "Windows 10 Pro" license

6. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing: Hi, Someone in my department has accidentally bought 5 devices with Windows 10 Home on instead of Windows 10 Pro. Are we able to re-image the devices with Windows 10 Pro and then license them using our KMS host and GVLK instead of having to buy a new Windows 10 Pro license...
  7. Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing

Windows 10 home / Pro Licensing: Hi, Someone in my department has accidentally bought 5 devices with Windows 10 Home on instead of Windows 10 Pro. Are we able to re-image the devices with Windows 10 Pro and then license them using our KMS host and GVLK instead of having to buy a new Windows 10 Pro license...
  8. Windows 10 Pro license downgraded to Home

Windows 10 Pro license downgraded to Home: Yesterday my Win10 Pro license which I've had for years was downgraded to Home. What caused the downgrade and how do I get the Pro license back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-license-downgraded-to-home/d63d57af-b758-4eca-9eeb-f31a62c9e481
  9. Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10)

Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10): Hi, my son's laptop (purchased outright from a large chain electronics store in another country) has just started popping up with a "Your Windows licence will expire soon" message. It turns out that it has a volume licence and we would be coming to the end of our 180 days. I...
  10. Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 home.. Digital Licensing good for home, not pro, and cannot...

Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 home.. Digital Licensing good for home, not pro, and cannot...: I have tried everything.. I reset the PC and cannot get an option to go back to windows 10 home. I see that my version cannot be activated due to the fact that I am running Windows 10 pro, and the computer troubleshooter says it found a digital license good for Windows 10...