Windows 10: Windows 10 Home/Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 Home/Pro in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am looking up for Windows 10 Home Pro 161481 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ernie Pinnock, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home/Pro

I am looking up for Windows 10 Home Pro

:)

Ernie Pinnock, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Cvrk Win User

Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

Pro.

I have Home at work. Turns out looking at all these "smart" bloggers who build lists explaining stuff to us, like the many differences between home vs pro, it turns out....there is no difference.

Ohhh! W8. Until you need to edit the core features ,and then googling , turns out Home has many limitations.

Don't look at it as Pro...as in Professional . I think it's a mistake. Just look at it as a full product.
    So the question is, do you want the entire Windows, or just 70% of it ?

3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home/Pro

Windows 10 Home to Pro

Its seems your computer might have been inadvertently been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro will installWindows 10 Pro

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If the edition of Windows 10 installed does not correspond with the edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 you were previously running, then you need to reinstall the right edition.

If the wrong edition is installed, you will have to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Home.

Step 1: download, create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: perform a custom install:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home/Pro

1. Windows 10 Home/Pro - Similar Threads - Home Pro

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business: My partner's customer purchased Windows 10 Home to Pro Upgrade for Microsoft 365 Business and is only able to get about 5 activations with it. Now they get an unable to activate message after imaging is completed. Is there a limit of how many workstations this can be...
  3. Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?: I've been asked this by a friend, but I'm not familiar enough with 10 hardware to give him an answer. He's thinking of purchasing this laptop, but doesn't want 10 Home. It's an Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-749U Laptop 15.6". (The 749U may designate our NZ\AU market) The local...
  4. Is there any free way to change the windows 10 home edition to unactivated pro for free, so...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any free way to change the windows 10 home edition to unactivated pro for free, so...: We have a product key for windows 10 pro, but we need to change the windows edition to be able to use it. submitted by /u/TheRealCrayZee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2kgun/is_there_any_free_way_to_change_the_windows_10/
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro error when using Windows 7 Ultimate Key 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home to Pro error when using Windows 7 Ultimate Key 0x80070057: Windows Version 1909 I get this error when I try upgrading with Windows 7 Ultimate key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-to-pro-error-when-using-windows-7/497cd777-805c-40b1-a389-b0398a3051e7
  6. Windows 10 Home Single Language Upgrade to Pro

Windows 10 Home Single Language Upgrade to Pro: Hello everyone. I have this version of Windows 10 Home Single Language linked to my microsoft account as it came with the laptop i bought a couple of years ago. I recently wanted to upgrade to Pro and got myself a key online and, as have seen many people say, the...
  7. windows 10 pro to home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 pro to home: I just built my first pc and i installed the free download of windows 10 Pro N. I finally decided that i wanted to pay for windows 10 Home but when i try to it only gives me a option to activate windows 10 Pro. How do i get windows 10 Home instead of windows 10 Pro?...
  8. need to upgrade from home to pro, are keys found online safe?

need to upgrade from home to pro, are keys found online safe?: remote desktop is disabled on home and i recently found out that i need to use it, but i have home so I need to upgrade to at least pro. i do not feel like paying $130 just to be able to use one feature, is it safe to use those keys from the internet? if you have workarounds...
  9. Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home.

Reinstalled W10 on my laptop that originally came with Pro version and now it has Home.: As the title states, I recently reinstalled W10 on my laptop and just realized that it now has Windows 10 Home edition. How can I upgrade it? I don't have any product key. I thought that the licence was associated to the hardware and I didn't need to enter any key....
  10. Does a Windows 10 Pro Retail License wipe an OEM Windows 10 Home license permanently?

Does a Windows 10 Pro Retail License wipe an OEM Windows 10 Home license permanently?: I own a Windows 10 Pro Retail License with the included USB from a previous pc build which I have now sold as parts. I have recently bought a laptop as a replacement with an OEM Windows 10 Home license that I am planning on keeping for a year or two and replacing in the...