Windows 10: Windows 10 Home/Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 Home/Pro in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am looking up for Windows 10 Home Pro 161481 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ernie Pinnock, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home/Pro

I am looking up for Windows 10 Home Pro

:)

Ernie Pinnock, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Cvrk Win User

Should I buy Windows 10 Home or Pro?

Pro.

I have Home at work. Turns out looking at all these "smart" bloggers who build lists explaining stuff to us, like the many differences between home vs pro, it turns out....there is no difference.

Ohhh! W8. Until you need to edit the core features ,and then googling , turns out Home has many limitations.

Don't look at it as Pro...as in Professional . I think it's a mistake. Just look at it as a full product.
    So the question is, do you want the entire Windows, or just 70% of it ?

3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home/Pro

Windows 10 Home to Pro

Its seems your computer might have been inadvertently been upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro will installWindows 10 Pro

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If the edition of Windows 10 installed does not correspond with the edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 you were previously running, then you need to reinstall the right edition.

If the wrong edition is installed, you will have to perform a clean install of Windows 10 Home.

Step 1: download, create a bootable copy:

How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2: perform a custom install:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home/Pro

1. Windows 10 Home/Pro - Similar Threads - Home Pro

2. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490: Hi,I purchased a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 11 Home edition preinstalled on it. After activating the Windows and installing all the available updates, I purchased a Windows 11 Pro licence through Microsoft Store, but the upgrade failed with Error Code 0x80070490.I...
  3. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade failed with 0x80070490: Hi,I purchased a brand new Acer laptop with Windows 11 Home edition preinstalled on it. After activating the Windows and installing all the available updates, I purchased a Windows 11 Pro licence through Microsoft Store, but the upgrade failed with Error Code 0x80070490.I...
  4. Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed: None of the steps that I've followed in the community have worked. Is there a Microsoft licensing I can call to get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-11-home-to-pro-failed/a18a1f09-9591-4492-81ec-e6ad9df968e5
  5. Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed

Upgrade from 11 home to pro failed: None of the steps that I've followed in the community have worked. Is there a Microsoft licensing I can call to get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-11-home-to-pro-failed/a18a1f09-9591-4492-81ec-e6ad9df968e5
  6. While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...: I am facing a problem when Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Getting an Error: "Unable to upgrade your edition of Windows. Try upgrading your edition of Windows again, 0x80010105 "...
  7. While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...

While Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Window 11 Pro . Unable to upgrade your...: I am facing a problem when Trying to upgrade from Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro. Getting an Error: "Unable to upgrade your edition of Windows. Try upgrading your edition of Windows again, 0x80010105 "...
  8. I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...: When I was trying to purchase the window would load then disappear which might have been a bug or something. It never told me my purchase went through at all....
  9. I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...

I was trying to upgrade from windows 11 home to windows 11 pro and i got charged three...: When I was trying to purchase the window would load then disappear which might have been a bug or something. It never told me my purchase went through at all....
  10. Jak zmienić windows 11 pro na home?

Jak zmienić windows 11 pro na home?: Mam windows 11 pro ale myślę o zrobieniu nowego komputera. Kupiłem licencję windows 11 home. Obie w wersji retail.I teraz takie pytanie: czy mogę przenieść licencję z tego komputera na nowy żeby mieć windows 11 pro a na tym komputerze zmienić system na windows 11 home i...