Windows 10: Windows 10 Home & Raid 1 Setup

Discus and support Windows 10 Home & Raid 1 Setup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Will Windows 10 Home support a Raid 1 Setup?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phil Ca, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Phil Ca Win User

Windows 10 Home & Raid 1 Setup

Will Windows 10 Home support a Raid 1 Setup?

:)

Phil Ca, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Get the six core CPU's I listed, at 3.3Ghz per core they will more than handle any calculations you throw at them for years to come, and with matching RAM in tri channel you will have a very strong setup.

My only other suggestion is a full RAID card like the one I listed with SSD's (in RAID 1)for the OS and programs, and then a RAID 5 array for backup and any large files on the board with a offsite final backup

Steevo, Sep 2, 2020
  3. georgetok Win User
    Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Thank you so much.

Dell system I am buying as a back has Xeon E5645 2.2 GHz & 12 GB ECC RAM

They don't offer Xeon W3680 that you suggested

So would that be good enough ?

Thanks

georgetok, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home & Raid 1 Setup

Need specifics on RAID 10

step 1) purchase a raid card that does raid 10 and has 4x mini sas. you will want at least 1024 ram on that chip.
    step 2) purchase 16 2 TB enterprise class constellation drives
    step 3) purchase another whole rig to do the same thing
    step 4) setup rsync to copy all of the changed data from server 1 to server 2
    step 5) buy 2 800 watt BBU (1 for each)

there.

Easy Rhino, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home & Raid 1 Setup

1. Windows 10 Home & Raid 1 Setup - Similar Threads - Home Raid Setup

2. Windows 10 - Raid 1 Resynching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Raid 1 Resynching: Hello, I have two disks in raid 1 configuration. I have noticed that the raid is in a state of resynching. Is this state normal after deleting or copying large files ? Thanks in advanceAngelo...
  3. Windows 10 - Raid 1 Resynching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Raid 1 Resynching: Hello, I have two disks in raid 1 configuration. I have noticed that the raid is in a state of resynching. Is this state normal after deleting or copying large files ? Thanks in advanceAngelo...
  4. How to setup RAID 1 on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to setup RAID 1 on Windows 11/10: [IMG]In this article, we will show you how to setup RAID 1 on your Windows 11/10 computer. RAID stands for Redundant Array of Independent Disks. It is a technology that uses multiple HDDs or SSDs for data redundancy and performance improvement. You can configure different...
  5. Setup RAID 1 between 2 SSD on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setup RAID 1 between 2 SSD on Windows 10 Home: One of my coworkers asked me to install a new server that we will use at our work place, asking me to setup a RAID 1 between 2 brand new SSD. I started my research, setuping the Bios to manage the RAID mod, making sure the 2 SSD are the same and usable for a RAID 1, but when...
  6. What's the best solution for a reliable RAID 1 setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the best solution for a reliable RAID 1 setup: I wonder if you could kindly assist with a recommendation of the most reliable Raid 1 mirroring setup, with current implementation by BIOS, an option of Windows 10 Pro, or using Storage Spaces in Windows. The background is that my primary aim is to ensure a backup of my...
  7. Configuring RAID 1 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Configuring RAID 1 on Windows 10: I have read that Win 10 has the software to run a RAID 1 without a controller but it wasn't an option in Disk Management on my Windows 10 Home edition. Is this only a Win 10 Pro feature? If I buy an upgrade to convert my Home edition to Pro will 'mirroring' capability be...
  8. RAID 1 mirror in Storage Spaces in Windows 10 Home questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAID 1 mirror in Storage Spaces in Windows 10 Home questions: I built my first PC and successfully set up RAID 1. I copied a file to it and then in turn unplugged each hard drive to confirm it was written to both. Then copied over 1TB worth of my files. I decided to reinstall Windows 10 Home on my NVME hard drive that is not part of...
  9. How to setup raid 1 on a Dell E6540 laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to setup raid 1 on a Dell E6540 laptop?: How to setup raid 1 on a Dell E6540 laptop with 2 ssd hard drives while loading Windows 10? I am loading Windows 10 with 2 SSD hard drives on a Dell E6540 quad-core i7. And I wanted to know how do I set this up and and my 2nd ssd will capture all data and boot info from the...
  10. Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 raid 1 using windows raid: Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I've added a hard drive to my system to enable raid 1 via windows 10 Pro (not hardware raid). my main drive has 4 partitions which were set up when I installed windows 8.1. I have since upgraded to 10 pro. I assume these partitions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 home raid1