Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Refuses to Recognize Me as the Administrator

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Refuses to Recognize Me as the Administrator in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home and have quickly tired of the background updates occurring without my consent. The operating system should not be behaving like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mdawson69, Mar 4, 2019.

1. mdawson69 Win User

Windows 10 Home Refuses to Recognize Me as the Administrator

I have Windows 10 Home and have quickly tired of the background updates occurring without my consent. The operating system should not be behaving like malware, but that is a topic for another discussion. Every time I try any technique for disabling updates being forced on me, Windows refuses to acknowledge that I am the administrator. I have tried the following:

1. Type CMD in the search bar.
    2. Right-click on Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command and press enter: user administrator /active:yes
    4. Check if you are able to delete or install the programs.

When I get to Step 3, I get the following message:

'user' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file

I also tried this method:

1. Type regedit in the search bar.
    2. Open up registry editor.
    3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
    4. Change EnableLUA to 0
    5. Restart computer.

I still get the message “Access is denied” when I attempt to disable Windows Update.

[rant ]

I did not spend over $200+ to run Windows 10 in a VM on my iMac, just to have Microsoft decide that they have the right to hijack my computer. Automatic updates are also enabled by default in macOS, but any user with administrative privileges can turn it off, and if a user account has administrative rights then that account is an administrator, period. I have Windows so that I can work from home and gain nothing from having to pay the $60 premium for Windows 10 Pro other than the ability to update when I am ready to update. Oh, wait, Microsoft charges more ($90) to upgrade to Pro than the difference between the two editions when any other reputable company charges the difference or less.

[end rant ]

While I a primarily a Mac user, I do have an appreciation for each operating systems strengths and weaknesses; despite the rant above I do not hate Windows. User accounts and privileges is basic dren that should not be an issue for Microsoft at this point, yet there seems to be a long history of administrative accounts being denied administrative privileges. If Microsoft wants to enable automatic updates by default, fine, but any Windows 10 users should have the ability to disable that feature regardless of which Edition of Windows 10 they have.

:)

mdawson69, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Windows not recognizing ssd

Windows won't see the drive until it has been partitioned and formatted. Go into "Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management" and see if it's listed in the middle pane.

Static~Charge, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home Refuses to Recognize Me as the Administrator - Similar Threads - Home Refuses Recognize

2. Windows won't recognize me as Administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won't recognize me as Administrator: Hello,I have checked in my profile settings that I am indeed an Administrator on my PC, as well as I even made a new Administrator account, but I get an error that states "you don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the Administrator to obtain Permission....
  3. Windows won't recognize me as Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognize me as Administrator: Hello,I have checked in my profile settings that I am indeed an Administrator on my PC, as well as I even made a new Administrator account, but I get an error that states "you don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the Administrator to obtain Permission....
  4. Windows won't recognize me as Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop: Hi, I am the only account holder with administrator privilege. However it does not allow me to delete a college email that is listed as work email. How do I solve the problem of my account not being recognized as having administrator privilege?Thanks in anticipation...
  6. Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop: Hi, I am the only account holder with administrator privilege. However it does not allow me to delete a college email that is listed as work email. How do I solve the problem of my account not being recognized as having administrator privilege?Thanks in anticipation...
  7. Not recognizing me as administrator in windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize me as Administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize me as Administrator?: I recently restarted my PC and it loaded up the repair diagnostic screen for whatever reason, but after about 30 minutes my PC finally started. I noticed the sound icon was off with the message "The audio service is not running", in addition to me not being able to open my...
  9. It won't recognize me as an administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It won't recognize me as an administrator: So I just tried to uninstall the CS-GO and it says " You do not have sufficient acess to uninstall Counter Strike 1.6. Please contact your system administrator." Then I realized I have two accounts now , PC1 and the one I have now is Administrator. ( Both of them are...
  10. Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows does not Recognize me as Administrator: I only have one account. When I check my account status it shows Administrator. Yet when I try to do certain functions Windows tells me I need to be an Administrator to do that function. Like tonight. I tried to save a bat file to my root directory and Windows won't...