Windows 10: Windows 10 Home. Remote Desktop Connection app disappeared last night

Discus and support Windows 10 Home. Remote Desktop Connection app disappeared last night in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a couple of users who work at home using Windows 10 Home and today they called in an stated the shortcut they made for Remote Desktop Connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StrangeThing1, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home. Remote Desktop Connection app disappeared last night

I have a couple of users who work at home using Windows 10 Home and today they called in an stated the shortcut they made for Remote Desktop Connection is missing and they are unable to find the software to connect to their work PC. They attempted to download the Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the Microsoft Store but it failed to connect. In advanced settings trying to enable RDP, it prompted the user to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

I know Windows 10 Home Edition was not supposed to support an RDP connection, but the Remote Desktop was available if you searched for it and it was functioning through a VPN connection. Was this an update that took it away?

:)

StrangeThing1, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

In order to assist you further with the issue could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What is the Make and Model of your Computer?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    There's a Remote Desktop App available in Windows 10. Follow the steps below to find it:

• Click the Search Bar which is in the Task Bar.
    • Type in Remote Desktop App .
    • Once it pops up click on it and follow the on screen instructions to use it.

If you're facing issues with the app downloaded form the Windows Store I suggest you to run the Windows 10 App troubleshooter and check if this helps. Refer to the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home. Remote Desktop Connection app disappeared last night

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home. Remote Desktop Connection app disappeared last night

1. Windows 10 Home. Remote Desktop Connection app disappeared last night - Similar Threads - Home Remote Desktop

2. Remote Desktop connection on windows home??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop connection on windows home??: Hey guys I wanted to know if I could connect to vps from my windows 10 home edition I heard that we can’t use Remote Desktop connection on home edition but when I search Remote Desktop connection on my home edition search bar it pops up Is it only that on home edition, I...
  3. DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE

in Windows 10 Customization
    DESKTOP DISAPPEARED AFTER LAST NIGHT'S UPDATE: I logged on this morning and everything on my desktop is gone. Windows 10 / 64 Bit This is the update that was installed: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023057/update-reliability-for-windows-10-versions-1507-to-1909 I have tried the following: 1. Disabled...
  4. Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop on Windows 10 Home: My PC will not allow me to use Remote Desktop because I have windows 10 home. Due to COVID-19 I will be required to work from home remotely. How can I use Remote Desktop or is there an app that would allow me to remote log into my work pc? I'm very frustrated that home...
  5. Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote desktop for Windows 10 Home: Is there a reliable remote desktop software from Microsoft for W10 home? I simply need something that will allow me to help out a elderly family member. Both of us are running W10 home....
  6. Microsoft took remote control of pc last night and lost connection

Microsoft took remote control of pc last night and lost connection: Can not access internet or left click on bottom taskbar since losing connection with Microsoft technician who took remote control of pc last night when trying to help with update problem....
  7. windows Remote desktop cannot connect to windows 10 home

windows Remote desktop cannot connect to windows 10 home: Hi guys , as the title says I am not able to connect remotely to windows 10 home edition even disabling the target pc firewall. I have no issues in connecting to other pcs.i am connecting on a local area network using windows in built remote desktop thanks 88402
  8. Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?

Windows 10 Home: Remote Desktop?: Is Remote Desktop only available on Windows 10 PRO? I have Win10 Home and the option to "Allow remote connections to this computer" is not present. 13066
  9. Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10: How to: Remove Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 How to Remove a Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your...
  10. Add Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC: How to: Add Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC How to Add a Remote Desktop Connection in Remote Desktop app on Windows 10 PC You can download and install the free connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your...