Windows 10: Windows 10 Home requires system restore after each Windows 10 update

Discus and support Windows 10 Home requires system restore after each Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I’ve got an Alienware 17 R3 running Windows 10 Home 10.0.17763, BIOS Version 1.6.1 which requires me to do a system restore each time Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hackaway, Jun 18, 2019.

1. hackaway Win User

Windows 10 Home requires system restore after each Windows 10 update

I’ve got an Alienware 17 R3 running Windows 10 Home 10.0.17763, BIOS Version 1.6.1 which requires me to do a system restore each time Windows 10 completes an update. I’d appreciate any insight on why this keeps happening.

:)

hackaway, Jun 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 18, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home requires system restore after each Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Home requires system

2. Windows 10 System requirements

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 System requirements: I have found here on Microsoft web Site that system requirements for Windows 10 are:Processor: 1 gigahertz GHz or faster processor or SoCRAM: 1 gigabyte GB for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bitHard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS or 20 GB for 64-bit OSGraphics card: DirectX 9 or...
  3. Windows 10 Home edition System Restore not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home edition System Restore not working: I tried to do a system restore but it wouldn't open and I received error message 0x81000203. The "solutions" on here didn't work and going into system registry, I could find no Windows NT nor a System Restore file. I hadn't needed to do a system restore for probably a year...
  4. System Restore not available after Windows 10 2004 update

System Restore not available after Windows 10 2004 update: I saved a restore point this morning before installing the latest feature update which was showing in Windows Update. After it installed, I went back into System Restore as it is usually turned off after updating. This time it is greyed out when I click configure and no...
  5. System Requirements for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Requirements for Windows 10: Currently running windows 7 on an acer laptop. Wondering if these specs will run windows 10: Processor: Intel(r) core(tm) i5 CPU M4300@2.27GHZ RAM: 4.0GB (3.68 useable) 64 bit OS Graphics: Direct X 9 WDDM 1.0 driver I've seen some additional specs and thinking I may need...
  6. Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system: Hello. Yesterday i made a system restore in my laptpop...and since that moment the windows update give me a error when try to reinstall the update x64 (KB4522355) error 0x80073712 that was already install without problems before i made the restore. Can anyone give some...
  7. System Restore not working after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 News
    System Restore not working after Windows 10 Update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]System Restore is one of the best ways to revert to the last stable state in Windows 10. However, sometimes it fails, and one of the conditions, when it does not work, is after a Windows 10 Update. If you [...] This post System Restore not working after...
  8. Restore Windows 10 Home

Restore Windows 10 Home: My desktop was upgraded to Win 10 Home from Win 7 several years ago. I recently had to restore it to factory defaults (Win 7) because of a hard drive failure. How can I get my Win 10 Back? Do I now have to purchase Windows 10?...
  9. can't restore system after latest windows 10 update

can't restore system after latest windows 10 update: I had a Windows 10 update a day or so ago and now I can't start Windows. Can't restore to previous version, system can't trouble shoot, etc....
  10. no sound after each windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound after each windows 10 update: I have a speaker connected by bluetooth. When I look at my bluetooth devices, it says the speaker is paired, but needs to be connected. For less than a second I have sound, then no more sound and a message says the connection didn't work. Then it says the speaker is...