Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Setup Says GeForce GTX 650 Is Not Compatible

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Setup Says GeForce GTX 650 Is Not Compatible in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello everyone,,, I've been happily running Windows 8.0 (not 8.1) for a few years on a home-built computer and I was over six years behind on updates.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Nigan, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Nigan Win User

Windows 10 Home Setup Says GeForce GTX 650 Is Not Compatible

Hello everyone,,,

I've been happily running Windows 8.0 (not 8.1) for a few years on a home-built computer and I was over six years behind on updates.

Sidebar Explanation: Updates for me have been historically frustrating because I can think of many times when things perform flawlessly for me, then I install an update, and suddenly something doesn't work correctly anymore, or I have other problems, when the only thing I had done to the system was update it. So I have often eschewed updates solely for that reason. My computer worked. It did everything I wanted it to do. I didn't get viruses or malware because I was careful about what I was doing online. Occasionally I might have gotten a Potentially Unwanted Program from some toolbar, but that was easily fixed. I was happy.

Anyway, updating was kind of frustrating because of problems irrelevant to this post, so I went to Walmart and brought Windows 10 Home...home. Excited to be upgrading so I can update Photoshop to a version that's not compatible with Windows 8, I stuck the USB stick into my computer and started the process. After a step or two and several minutes of waiting, I was greeted with this screen:

Well, that card is actually listed as a compatible card for Windows 10! So naturally, I'm confused. I don't have the very latest driver installed for the card in Windows 8, but I assumed the setup would check the actual hardware, not the driver running it.

The Nvidia site is confusing. The page for the GTX 650 has DirectX 12 listed as a technology:

Specifications | GeForce

But when viewing their list of DirectX-Compatible cards, the GTX 650 is not listed. Research outside Nvidia shows that the 650 GTX has DirectX support only through "feature levels", but only full DirectX 11 support.

Can someone clear up my confusion a little?

Thank you. *Smile

:)

Nigan, Jun 17, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

ZOTAC Announces its GeForce GTX 650 Ti Lineup

ZOTAC International, a leading innovator and global manufacturer of graphics cards, mainboards and mini-PCs, today completes its GeForce Kepler lineup with the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 Ti and GTX 650 Ti AMP! Edition. The new ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 Ti series enables gamers to step up to turbocharged GeForce GTX graphics and embrace the latest epic adventures in stunning detail with best-in-class performance.

“ZOTAC is pleased to offer a new sweet-spot graphics cards that delivers an amazing gaming experience and class-leading features with our GeForce GTX 650 Ti series,” said Carsten Berger, marketing director, ZOTAC International.

Windows 10 Home Setup Says GeForce GTX 650 Is Not Compatible 69a_thm.jpg

Windows 10 Home Setup Says GeForce GTX 650 Is Not Compatible 69b_thm.jpg

The ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 Ti ships in 1GB and 2GB GDDR5 memory configurations to let users select the right amount of memory for their needs. Stepping up to the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 Ti AMP! Edition with 2GB yields a performance boost up to 12-percent for more demanding gamers.

It’s time to play with the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 Ti series!

General details
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 Ti series (common features)
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti GPU
    • 768 processor cores
    • Custom enhanced cooling solution
    • 1GB or 2GB GDDR5 memory
    • 128-bit memory interface
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    • Engine clock: 941 MHz
    • Memory clock: 5400 MHz
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 Ti AMP! Edition
    • Engine clock: 1033 MHz
    • Memory clock: 6200 MHz
    [*]PCI Express 3.0 interface
    [*]NVIDIA Surround capable
    [*]NVIDIA FXAA & TXAA technology
    [*]NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync
    [*]NVIDIA NVENC video transcoding acceleration capable
    [*]DirectX 11.1 technology & Shader Model 5.1
    [*]OpenGL 4.3 compatible
    [*]Blu-ray 3D ready
    [/LIST]

btarunr, Jun 17, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    NVIDIA Working on Faster GeForce GTX 650 Ti

They won't do such a thing because:-
    • It's the $140~$150 price-point that HD 7790 is after, and which GTX 650 Ti holds
    • "GTX 660 SE" would step up production cost (192-bit == at least six memory chips)
    • Tinkering with clocks on the existing 650 Ti costs nothing.
    • Something else that wouldn't cost anything, is giving GTX 650 Ti the GPU Boost feature, something it currently lacks

btarunr, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

NVIDIA Working on Faster GeForce GTX 650 Ti

I would like to see boost, and 2GB, I think it would really make for a sweet spot.

Delta6326, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home Setup Says GeForce GTX 650 Is Not Compatible - Similar Threads - Home Setup Says

2. GTX 1080 compatibility

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GTX 1080 compatibility: Hi. I have a system with an i7 6700K, 16 Gigs of DDR4, Win 10 Home and a GTX 1080 However, the GTX 1080 will flicker and refuse to install its drivers if paired with a Ryzen 5 2600 on a B450 motherboard so I had to buy a Radeon RX 5700 XT for that system, that works very...
  3. GTX 1080 compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GTX 1080 compatibility: Hi. I have a system with an i7 6700K, 16 Gigs of DDR4, Win 10 Home and a GTX 1080 However, the GTX 1080 will flicker and refuse to install its drivers if paired with a Ryzen 5 2600 on a B450 motherboard so I had to buy a Radeon RX 5700 XT for that system, that works very...
  4. Geforce GTX 650

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Geforce GTX 650: For some reason the GTX 650 was working for me with windows 10 but as i used a HDMI on my CPU then i put it back in my GTX 650 it stopped working so i put it back in my CPU then looked at my Device manager just to see that there was no more Geforce in Display Adaptors so i...
  5. GeForce GTX 1660 problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GeForce GTX 1660 problem: On Tuesday, I received the GTX 1660 that I had ordered previously, just yesterday, I installed it. There were no flaws with plugging it in. I booted up my computer with no problems at first. I loaded up Rainbow Six Siege, to see that my framerate was far less than it should...
  6. Geforce GTX 1070ti

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Geforce GTX 1070ti: My Card isnt being recognized correctly and is being recognized as a UHD 630 card. It is under performing and I dont know why. I installed the most recent drivers too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/geforce-gtx-1070ti/50aca7a6-48dc-4112-8d62-bdf8a7ff9182
  7. Windows 10 Home Setup Says GeForce GTX 650 Is Not Compatible

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home Setup Says GeForce GTX 650 Is Not Compatible: Hello everyone,,, I've been happily running Windows 8.0 (not 8.1) for a few years on a home-built computer and I was over six years behind on updates. Sidebar Explanation: Updates for me have been historically frustrating because I can think of many times when things...
  8. GTX 980 not compatible with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GTX 980 not compatible with Windows 10?: Hi there! So, I’m trying to install Windows 10 Pro, unfortunately as I’m trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 the Media Creation Tool 1809. I’m getting a message saying my GTX 980 is incompatible with Windows 10 and that I will have display problems. I went ahead...
  9. GTX 960 compatible with Windows 10??

GTX 960 compatible with Windows 10??: Hi, Is the GeForce GTX 960 graphics card compatible with Windows 10? Thanks. 35914
  10. Geforce GTX 770M

Geforce GTX 770M: Anyone who recently upgraded the machine from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and is having issues with Geforce GTX 770M not displaying graphics clearly sometimes. Text blur at them special when loading device manager in Windows 10? 12140