Windows 10: Windows 10 Home should have BitLocker

Discus and support Windows 10 Home should have BitLocker in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Probably never gonna happen in 10 Home, but id like to express that Home should also have BitLocker. Pay-walling security of personal data on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheSirStumfy, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home should have BitLocker

Probably never gonna happen in 10 Home, but id like to express that Home should also have BitLocker.

Pay-walling security of personal data on a laptop behind a pro version has no excuse for me.

I can understand domain join is Pro, Hyper-V Pro.. even BitDefender Edge... but encryption... seem unforgivable to me.

And yes I know there is "Device encryption" but the implementation is clunky to say the least. Modern standby, PCIe devices need to be excused as trusted... If the device is not set up by the OEM no Home user will know how to do all that. So if a Home user upgrades the drive and looses the OEM setup, say goodbye to encryption capability.

Honestly just enable normal BitLocker. Hope W 11 will do better for security of Home user data.

submitted by /u/TheSirStumfy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheSirStumfy, Aug 18, 2021
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Home should have BitLocker

BitLocker on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

This could be due to some corruption in the system files, please check the methods below and see if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.
    • Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.

Method 2: Please try the steps provided in the given article.

Unlock a BitLocker-protected drive

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 3: Perform SFC scan

I would suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if that helps. The
    sfc/scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. It is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore
    corrupted files.

Refer the link: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted
    system files

Note: Link applies to Windows 10 as well.

More information:
    BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home should have BitLocker

1. Windows 10 Home should have BitLocker - Similar Threads - Home should BitLocker

2. Does WIndows 10/11 home edition have bitlocker or similar?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does WIndows 10/11 home edition have bitlocker or similar?: asking for a friend who is curious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-1011-home-edition-have-bitlocker-or/78f0b9b9-88df-4c72-884b-8e4611869bbb
  3. Does WIndows 10/11 home edition have bitlocker or similar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does WIndows 10/11 home edition have bitlocker or similar?: asking for a friend who is curious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-windows-1011-home-edition-have-bitlocker-or/78f0b9b9-88df-4c72-884b-8e4611869bbb
  4. Does WIndows 10/11 home edition have bitlocker or similar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Bitlocker on Windows 10 Home or Windows 11 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Bitlocker on Windows 10 Home or Windows 11 Home: Should Windows allow Windows 10 Home, or even Windows 11 Home, have a bit locker feature, like Pro and above versions, with the advent of the ability to store the recovery key in personal one drive or another cloud platform Google Drive or even take a picture or print out the...
  6. Windows 10 Home with BitLocker

Windows 10 Home with BitLocker: Is my Windows 10 Home support BitLocker Encryption?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-with-bitlocker/2a4ecf28-20c7-499e-ba9e-cf3f00b3f7df
  7. Bitlocker on Windows 10 "Home" version?

Bitlocker on Windows 10 "Home" version?: Laptop is a DELL Inspiron 15-3576 bought new on 19th Nov. 2018. It has Windows 10 Home (64-bit) OS installed on a 256GB SK Hynix SC311 SATA SSD. I am surprised to find Bitlocker installed because I did not think it was installed on “Home” versions of Windows 10. I thought it...
  8. Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home

Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home: We have a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 with Wondows 10 Home. It has now stuck with a bitlocker code needed to unlock it. But I thought that bitlocker was not available in Windows 10 Home, so how can it be on? And how can I find the key when my Microsoft account sys that the...
  9. Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home

Bitlocker in Windows 10 Home: So I can't manage bitlocker in Windows 10 Home, but my drive is encrypted with a bitlocker key. How do I get rid of the bitlocker key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-in-windows-10-home/d2110729-2b28-4352-807a-a0a4500a010d"
  10. Reading a BitLocker Encrypted USB in Windows 10 Home

Reading a BitLocker Encrypted USB in Windows 10 Home: I recently under went the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and now find I can't read a BitLocker encrypted USB. Windows file explorer does not recognise the drive and there is no where I can enter the password. Can anybody help. Many thanks 20892