Windows 10: Windows 10 home shutdown and sleep issue

Discus and support Windows 10 home shutdown and sleep issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been having problems with windows shut down for a year. every time i have to shut it down manually using my power switch. i have tried several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Veera Arun, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 home shutdown and sleep issue

I have been having problems with windows shut down for a year. every time i have to shut it down manually using my power switch. i have tried several methods which have been mentioned online, nothing has worked so far. my pc is an Acer predator helios 300 2018. Pls, help me if you can. even it won't wake me up from sleep. when shut down or sleep, the backlight will still be on.

:)

Veera Arun, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your shutdown, sleep and IE issues, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Computer Sleep/Wake and Shutdown Issue - Windows 10

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have issues with sleep option in Windows 10. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 home shutdown and sleep issue

Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Thank you for the information you've provided.

In the meantime, we suggest installing all available Windows updates.

Note: Windows Updates will include the latest hardware driver, security, and features installation.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 home shutdown and sleep issue

1. Windows 10 home shutdown and sleep issue - Similar Threads - home shutdown sleep

2. Windows 11 abrupt shutdown issue when in sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 abrupt shutdown issue when in sleep: I got a new Dell m15 with windows 11 4 months ago, ever since I got this, I have had the issue of unexpected system shut downsonce a day atleast.I have searched a lot. Haven't been able to solve it.There are couple of solutions related to Hibernation option in advanced Power...
  3. Windows 11 abrupt shutdown issue when in sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 abrupt shutdown issue when in sleep: I got a new Dell m15 with windows 11 4 months ago, ever since I got this, I have had the issue of unexpected system shut downsonce a day atleast.I have searched a lot. Haven't been able to solve it.There are couple of solutions related to Hibernation option in advanced Power...
  4. Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10, Sleep/Shutdown: I recently changed from Windows 7, which I loved, to the evil Windows 10. Can anyone tell me how to put the system to sleep rather than shutdown. I do not see an option for sleep as with my Windows 7 version. If my new printer would work with Windows 7 I would change back...
  5. Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue: Hi, I installed Windows 10 (20H2) on my Asus K55VM laptop, but got into a Shutdown / Restart / Sleep related issue. Namely on Shutdown / Restart / Sleep the laptop does NOT completely powers off, but gets stuck with the screen off but power light still on. To get over this...
  6. windows 10 shutdown instead of sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 shutdown instead of sleep: hi i just updated my windows to windows 10 pro v.1909 build 18363.836 and now my asus laptop refuses to sleep and shut down instead i have checked my power settings...tried troubleshooting..checked my bios settings nothing works please help me 156574
  7. Driver sleep and shutdown issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver sleep and shutdown issue.: Hello, Ive been having an issue with my pc. For the past 4 years i have been able to put the pc into sleep mode. recently my PC shuts down completely when put into sleep mode. Not only that but when it shuts down it take 10 minutes for my pc to shutdown completely instead...
  8. Windows 10 Home - Sleeping Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Home - Sleeping Issues: Hello! I've just installed Windows 10 Home on my laptop and straight away it got few issues with sleep mode. According to Windows Event Viewer, here is what happens when I close the display: 1. The system is entering sleep. Sleep Reason: Button or Lid 2. The system has...
  9. Shutdown/Sleep Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/Sleep Issue.: Hi all, wondering if anyone can offer any thoughts or advice. i'm running W10 from a W7 upgrade, and it's been pretty good so far. last night though i had an issue that occurred once before a month or so back. basically, i went to shut down, and instead of the usual blue...
  10. sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues: HP 8540w laptop, W10 up to date (14393-693), power config high performance, shutdown on lid close, sleep on power button, no devices wake computer except mouse and keyboard. Started with two issues: 1; Computer restarts immediately after a shutdown or sleep command. The...