Windows 10: Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison

Discus and support Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can anyone help in clarifying the main differences between Windows 10 Home SL and EM versions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelRootshtain, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison

Can anyone help in clarifying the main differences between Windows 10 Home SL and EM versions?

:)

MichaelRootshtain, Aug 17, 2018

2. Which ISO to use for Windows 10 Home SL?

The Media Creation tool is I believe multi edition Home and Pro, like my MSDN ISO's, but does not include the SL version? I don't see it listed on MSDN either? That's a step back IMHO, it's an option on the Windows 8.1 MCT. An 8.0 Core OEM key (not SL) will install 10 Home. Verified that myself. I don't know where you get that ISO? Hopefully it gets added to the MCT at some point. It's a pain but you likely can run the MCT on each PC and chose the "Upgrade this PC now" option to get around it. Not ideal but it should work. Then see if you get 10 Home or 10 Home SL. If you get the full 10 Home, they will have a digital entitlement for it. Any clean installs after that will work with the ISO's you have now. You just select Home and click skip key.

alphanumeric, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison

1. Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison - Similar Threads - Home comparison

2. How do I get rid of old computers showing up on my Windows 11 Home Edition that aren't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of old computers showing up on my Windows 11 Home Edition that aren't...: When I go to Settings - Accounts - Linked Devices on my computer, I see two machines that I haven't owned for several years show up in the list of devices, and my current device shows up twice. When I click "Remove device" it takes me to my Microsoft account where none of...
  3. How do I get rid of old computers showing up on my Windows 11 Home Edition that aren't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of old computers showing up on my Windows 11 Home Edition that aren't...: When I go to Settings - Accounts - Linked Devices on my computer, I see two machines that I haven't owned for several years show up in the list of devices, and my current device shows up twice. When I click "Remove device" it takes me to my Microsoft account where none of...
  4. my emachines Windows XP Home desktop pc boots into something like a terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my emachines Windows XP Home desktop pc boots into something like a terminal: I need help and you can see by the image I attached that’s what it looks like when I try to boot it up this just started happening on July 4 of last year it did not build up anymore and then I change the power supply and then I have to replace the ram in incorrectly then...
  5. my emachines Windows XP Home desktop pc boots into something like a terminal

my emachines Windows XP Home desktop pc boots into something like a terminal: I need help and you can see by the image I attached that’s what it looks like when I try to boot it up this just started happening on July 4 of last year it did not build up anymore and then I change the power supply and then I have to replace the ram in incorrectly then...
  6. REPOST: Screen flickering issues since updating to Windows 11 Home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REPOST: Screen flickering issues since updating to Windows 11 Home.: This is a repost as the original post was locked and I cannot reply to it. Hi,I have a HP Pavilion Laptop 14-ce3xxx and I have been having screen flickering issues since December of last year 2022.Every time I start my laptop it works fine but when I try moving the mouse the...
  7. REPOST: Screen flickering issues since updating to Windows 11 Home.

REPOST: Screen flickering issues since updating to Windows 11 Home.: This is a repost as the original post was locked and I cannot reply to it. Hi,I have a HP Pavilion Laptop 14-ce3xxx and I have been having screen flickering issues since December of last year 2022.Every time I start my laptop it works fine but when I try moving the mouse the...
  8. How can I get a refund from Microsoft for double billing me a Windows 11 Home Upgrade to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get a refund from Microsoft for double billing me a Windows 11 Home Upgrade to...: I bought an upgrade from the current Windows 11 Home I am using to Windows 11 Pro through the Windows store for $107 including taxes. However, I got billed twice and there are no returns or Customer Services number to call.How can I get a refund for the second charge I was...
  9. Windows 10 S V Windows 10 Home - Size comparison

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 S V Windows 10 Home - Size comparison: Hi folks, I just bought a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 S preinstalled...boo.... Looking to upgrade to Home but would like to find out the difference in size first as I don't have a massive hard drive, Does anyone have a 10s vs 10 Home size comparison. If there is not much...
  10. COMPARISON WINDOWS 10 HOME VERSUS PRO VERSION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    COMPARISON WINDOWS 10 HOME VERSUS PRO VERSION: I AM TRYING TO DECIDE IF I SHOULD UPGRADE FROM WINDOWS 8 TO THE HOME OR PRO VERSION. IS IT WORTH THE ADDITIONAL $60 TO UPGRADE TO PRO? IS EVERYONE HAPPY WITH WINDOWS 10? I HAVE A PROGRAM THAT IS NOT SUPPORTED BY WINDOWS 8. THEREFORE I MUST UPGRADE....