Windows 10: Windows 10 Home SL License-OEM

Discus and support Windows 10 Home SL License-OEM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, May I ask one more time to be sure, I feel confused again. After I found it on my computer, "Read the microsoft software license terms - latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Divi D, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Divi D Win User

Windows 10 Home SL License-OEM

Hi,

May I ask one more time to be sure, I feel confused again.

After I found it on my computer, "Read the microsoft software license terms - latest update 2015",
    What the meaning of these (text bold).

(iv) The software may include third party programs that are licensed to you under this agreement, or under their own terms. License terms, notices and acknowledgements, if any, for the third party programs can be viewed at (aka.ms/thirdpartynotices).

(v) To the extent included with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote are licensed for your personal, non-commercial use, unless you have commercial use rights under a separate agreement.

*) Can I use it for my job (commercial use) on my windows Home SL-OEM?

and,

License.

The software is licensed, not sold. Under this agreement, we grant you the right to install and run one instance of the software on your device (the licensed device), for use by one person at a time, so long as you comply with all the terms of this agreement. Updating or upgrading from non-genuine software with software from Microsoft or authorized sources does not make your original version or the updated/upgraded version genuine, and in that situation, you do not have a license to use the software.

*) Does it mean I can't lend my computer to someone else (for work) and vice versa, or is this just about not being able to copy software to another computer (one computer, one license)?

Sorry for these stupid questions, thank you.

:)

Divi D, Dec 18, 2019

2. Which ISO to use for Windows 10 Home SL?

The Media Creation tool is I believe multi edition Home and Pro, like my MSDN ISO's, but does not include the SL version? I don't see it listed on MSDN either? That's a step back IMHO, it's an option on the Windows 8.1 MCT. An 8.0 Core OEM key (not SL) will install 10 Home. Verified that myself. I don't know where you get that ISO? Hopefully it gets added to the MCT at some point. It's a pain but you likely can run the MCT on each PC and chose the "Upgrade this PC now" option to get around it. Not ideal but it should work. Then see if you get 10 Home or 10 Home SL. If you get the full 10 Home, they will have a digital entitlement for it. Any clean installs after that will work with the ISO's you have now. You just select Home and click skip key.

alphanumeric, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Dec 18, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home SL License-OEM - Similar Threads - Home License OEM

2. Windows 10 Pro To Windows Home SL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro To Windows Home SL: I recently used a media creation tool to try to fix my laptop but after what happened my windows 10 pro turn to windows home SL I have no problems with it but could i use the return to previous windows version to revert back to windows 10. Just asking if there's a way so i...
  3. Windows 10 Pro To Windows Home SL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro To Windows Home SL: I recently used a media creation tool to try to fix my laptop but after what happened my windows 10 pro turn to windows home SL I have no problems with it but could i use the return to previous windows version to revert back to windows 10. Just asking if there's a way so i...
  4. Windows 10 Pro To Windows Home SL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to install Windows 10 Home SL?

How to install Windows 10 Home SL?: Because of getting some error, I changed Windows key to Pro. After that, my Windows is not actived. Anyone help me fix it? I can not install Windows 10 Home SL after many trying!...
  6. I want upgrade license OEM from Windows 10 Home SL to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want upgrade license OEM from Windows 10 Home SL to Windows 10 Pro: Hello everyone I using Windows 10 Home SL key OEM, and i want to upgrade license to Windows 10 Pro key OEM. Make sure after i reinstall Windows 10, Windows 10 will automatic active Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home SL in the future. Which should i buy license on...
  7. Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro OEM license upgrade?: Hello there, I want to upgrade my HP laptop from Windows 10 Home OEM license to Pro using retail key but i always get the error windows is not activated even though it is a genuine product key from Microsoft. Thanks in advance for any help....
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 Home SL to Home (no SL)?

Upgrade Windows 10 Home SL to Home (no SL)?: Is it possible to upgrade to Home (no SL) just to have more than one language pack for language proofing? I don't need the Pro functionality, just additional language packs for proofing tools. I just got my laptop with w10 Home SL (english), everything is ok until I need to...
  9. Windows 10 SL to Home non SL

Windows 10 SL to Home non SL: Hello I just buy new laptop and the windows 10 version is 10 SL. Now I want to change it to windows 10 home, should I buy new code or I just have to install the upgrade?...
  10. reintsall windows 10 HOME SL

reintsall windows 10 HOME SL: my pc had a preinstalled windows 10 home single language edition but recently installed windows 10 pro. I want to reinstall window 10 home single language edition. where i can get windows 10 SL edition. also windows media creation tool have only 2 edition windows 10 pro and...