Windows 10: Windows 10 Home - Static / Fixed IP problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Home - Static / Fixed IP problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am sure this issue has been reported already but I am not sure if a permanent fix was found, but hopefully someone can assist me here. I have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ccwking, Aug 17, 2018.

1. ccwking Win User

Windows 10 Home - Static / Fixed IP problem

I am sure this issue has been reported already but I am not sure if a permanent fix was found, but hopefully someone can assist me here.

I have my PC running Windows 10 - Home edition, it has a fixed static IP of 192.168.0.3 and a gateway of 192.168.0.1 (subnet mask of 255.255.255.0)

However after windows updates (or large Window update deployments) it can lose the fixed IP, so it then has no internet access after it has rebooted, this causes me problems logging on again using my PC account as it needs internet access.

Last night it lost the Fixed IP again and when I finally managed to get logged in, it had the radio button of "Use the following IP address" but all the boxes were null/blank.

So as to resolve it, I have for now, switched it back to DHCP, I used Fixed/Static IP as there is some software I use on this PC that needs certain ports on my router enabled and I have configured it purely for this PC's fixed IP.

I noticed that if I search the web there have been reported issues with the static IP not holding or losing the settings, as this is a home PC, is there any way to encode the fixed IP into to the registry ?

Chris

:)

ccwking, Aug 17, 2018

2. Static IP on Lumia 950.

Hi,

Follow the steps below and check if the features to apply static IP is available in your device.

• Navigate to settings.
    • Search or navigate to “Wi-Fi”.
    • Scroll all the way down and tap “static ip”.
    • Turn on “Configure network settings manually”.
    • Key in the IP address, subnet mask and other details

Note: Do remember that your router / DHCP should support allocating static IP for this feature to work.

If the above feature is not available then your model may not support the same.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 17, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    DaveM121, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Ross068 Win User

Static IP Not Working with Windows 10 Home

I have a home network (192.168.0.x) with several computers running various versions of Windows. I've always used static IP addresses for all my computers with no problems. My Windows 7 Home and Ultimate work perfectly with static IP addresses. Also, after
    a couple of difficulties Windows 10 Pro also works with a static IP. However, neither of my Windows 10 Home computers will network with a static IP address. A friend of mine with even more computers has the same problem. Most of my computers including one
    of the Windows 10 Home computers are hard wired. The second Windows 10 Home computer is a HP Laptop which connects via WiFi. I've checked the Web and none of the suggestions work such as reinstalling network drivers, etc work. I am a former Computer Systems
    Officer for a small network and am fully familiar with computers running Windows and networking and know how to set up networking and dynamic versus static IP addresses. The problem appears to be a bug in Windows 10 Home. Any suggestions?

Ross068, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home - Static / Fixed IP problem - Similar Threads - Home Static Fixed

2. Static ip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  3. Static ip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Static ip: i've had a static ip for 10+ years and now when i set it it says i have an unidentifiable network and it wont connect at all, ive had windows diagnose the problem and fixes it by saying the DHCP is disabled, any help would be appreciated. im useing nord vpn if that helps at...
  4. Static ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Static IP settings for windows 10

Static IP settings for windows 10: Let me explain you my query : I've wifi adaptor which provides me wireless internet and uses dhcp to get ip. I've installed oracle in my windows 10 machine for which i need to use static ip address. Now when I ping my computer name it gives me IPV6 or DHCP ip adress...
  6. Internet for static ip??

Internet for static ip??: Hi, I have a computer with a static ip of 10.19.1.100 which is connected to a router. How can I get internet access to it? The router has a with an ip of 172.x.y.1 and a DNS of 172.x.y.103. I tried giving my computer a DNS of 172.x.y.103 but that did nothing. Is this...
  7. ERROR PRINTING IN WINDOWS 10 WITH IP FOR DHCP BUT WORKING WITH STATIC IP

in Windows 10 Customization
    ERROR PRINTING IN WINDOWS 10 WITH IP FOR DHCP BUT WORKING WITH STATIC IP: Hello I have a laptop with windows 10 and this laptop can not print with a printer in the same subnet Printer ip address: 192.168.10.25 laptop ip: 192.168.10.32 for dhcp The laptop have connectivity to the printer but i can not print (Just show error in printing). If i...
  8. How to set up a static IP on comcast home internet?

How to set up a static IP on comcast home internet?: I'm networking 3 pcs together for training purposes, How would I go about this without having to pay for a business line from comcast? I'm don't own a website, this is strictly for windows, linux learning. All my IP's are different and all pcs are hooked up over wifi. 125219
  9. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....
  10. setting static ip address on my home lan

setting static ip address on my home lan: I've decided to give all my home pc / network adapters a static ip. I've had a lot of issues with shared network resources and this was one of the recommendations So in my Billion 7800nxl i mapped my Network adapters IP address and Mac addresses. I then set my wifi...