Windows 10: Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook

Discus and support Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone I am and am a long-standing member of sevenforums. Like many other W7 users, I am now making the transition to W10, and have started with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sjc312, Oct 4, 2019.

1. sjc312 Win User

Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook

Hi everyone

I am and am a long-standing member of sevenforums. Like many other W7 users, I am now making the transition to W10, and have started with a new ASUS E203M notebook, 4GBram and 64GB storage, with the intention of using it primarily for web browsing and emails only. I immediately upgraded the OS from Windows 10S to Windows 10 Home to enable me to install non-Windows store apps, and also installed a 64GB SDXC card to expand the limited storage, setting all new apps etc to install onto the SD card.

After several Windows updates, the storage is now down to 12.7GB, with Apps (6.24GB) and Temporary files (23.4GB), raising my concerns that the future use of the notebook is unsustainable. With dozens more updates to come and my plans to install an HP printer and a Canon scanner, I would greatly welcome advice on how to configure the OS and SD card in order to properly set up the notebook for long term use. For example, I am willing to install a 200GB SDXC card in order to fix the issue permanently.

I have read the tutorial “Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10” by Mr. Brink.

Many thanks guys.

:)

sjc312, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook - Similar Threads - Home storage configuration

2. incorrect storage configuration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    incorrect storage configuration: I believe my system has a problem because it is slow and has frequently 100% disk I/O.My system was damaged by lightning. I removed the only installed hard drive and sent the hardware for repair. The motherboard was replaced and I reinstalled the hard drive. I had...
  3. incorrect storage configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incorrect storage configuration: I believe my system has a problem because it is slow and has frequently 100% disk I/O.My system was damaged by lightning. I removed the only installed hard drive and sent the hardware for repair. The motherboard was replaced and I reinstalled the hard drive. I had...
  4. incorrect storage configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Back Up Windows 10 Storage Spaces Configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Back Up Windows 10 Storage Spaces Configuration: I will be upgrading a Windows 10 Pro computer to Windows 11 Pro. I will be replacing the existing system board with a new system board, processor and faster boot drive. I have an existing storage pool that uses parity. I will be reusing the physical drives in the pool. I want...
  6. Back Up Windows 10 Storage Spaces Configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back Up Windows 10 Storage Spaces Configuration: I will be upgrading a Windows 10 Pro computer to Windows 11 Pro. I will be replacing the existing system board with a new system board, processor and faster boot drive. I have an existing storage pool that uses parity. I will be reusing the physical drives in the pool. I want...
  7. Back Up Windows 10 Storage Spaces Configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to properly configure the home network in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to properly configure the home network in Windows 10?: Hello, I would like to ask if what I have done is the correct way to share files between two Windows 10 PCs (I am only interested in having access to the user folder of the respective PCs): On both PCs there is a Microsoft account with a password Set network as private...
  9. Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook: Hi everyone I am and am a long-standing member of sevenforums. Like many other W7 users, I am now making the transition to W10, and have started with a new ASUS E203M notebook, 4GBram and 64GB storage, with the intention of using it primarily for web browsing and emails...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade - Lenovo Notebook 110S (not enough internal storage)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade - Lenovo Notebook 110S (not enough internal storage): Hi all, I can't download latest version of Windows 10 as there is not enough storage on my laptop. I have a Lenovo notebook with 27GB of storage, which is full, and the download requires 8GB. How can I process this download using an external 1TB USB drive instead? Many...