Windows 10: Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook

Discus and support Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone I am and am a long-standing member of sevenforums. Like many other W7 users, I am now making the transition to W10, and have started with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sjc312, Oct 9, 2019.

1. sjc312 Win User

Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook

Hi everyone

I am and am a long-standing member of sevenforums. Like many other W7 users, I am now making the transition to W10, and have started with a new ASUS E203M notebook, 4GBram and 64GB storage, with the intention of using it primarily for web browsing and emails only. I immediately upgraded the OS from Windows 10S to Windows 10 Home to enable me to install non-Windows store apps, and also installed a 64GB SDXC card to expand the limited storage, setting all new apps etc to install onto the SD card.

After several Windows updates, the storage is now down to 12.7GB, with Apps (6.24GB) and Temporary files (23.4GB), raising my concerns that the future use of the notebook is unsustainable. With dozens more updates to come and my plans to install an HP printer and a Canon scanner, I would greatly welcome advice on how to configure the OS and SD card in order to properly set up the notebook for long term use. For example, I am willing to install a 200GB SDXC card in order to fix the issue permanently.

I have read the tutorial “Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10” by Mr. Brink.

Many thanks guys.

:)

sjc312, Oct 9, 2019
  2. sjc312 Win User

Hi everyone

I am and am a long-standing member of sevenforums. Like many other W7 users, I am now making the transition to W10, and have started with a new ASUS E203M notebook, 4GBram and 64GB storage, with the intention of using it primarily for web browsing and emails only. I immediately upgraded the OS from Windows 10S to Windows 10 Home to enable me to install non-Windows store apps, and also installed a 64GB SDXC card to expand the limited storage, setting all new apps etc to install onto the SD card.

After several Windows updates, the storage is now down to 12.7GB, with Apps (6.24GB) and Temporary files (23.4GB), raising my concerns that the future use of the notebook is unsustainable. With dozens more updates to come and my plans to install an HP printer and a Canon scanner, I would greatly welcome advice on how to configure the OS and SD card in order to properly set up the notebook for long term use. For example, I am willing to install a 200GB SDXC card in order to fix the issue permanently.

I have read the tutorial “Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10” by Mr. Brink.

Many thanks guys.

sjc312, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook - Similar Threads - Home storage configuration

2. Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook: Hi everyone I am and am a long-standing member of sevenforums. Like many other W7 users, I am now making the transition to W10, and have started with a new ASUS E203M notebook, 4GBram and 64GB storage, with the intention of using it primarily for web browsing and emails...
  3. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on new ASUS Notebook

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on new ASUS Notebook: Hello I've bought an Windows 10 Pro Product Key and if I enter this new Key in the previously digital License activated Windows 10 Home on my Notebook I got an error message, that this product key not be used for this examplar of Windows. (0x803FA067) Need help to solve...
  4. how to reinstall win 10 pro for workstations with a storage pool configured

how to reinstall win 10 pro for workstations with a storage pool configured: Hello, My old media center, running plex finally bit the dust, over 10 years old! I ran a noisy raid system that kept up with my 30 gigs of data. I built a new system. When looking at the OS for the new system I chose windows 10 Home, it ran the system fine, but still...
  5. Windows 10 Upgrade - Lenovo Notebook 110S (not enough internal storage)

Windows 10 Upgrade - Lenovo Notebook 110S (not enough internal storage): Hi all, I can't download latest version of Windows 10 as there is not enough storage on my laptop. I have a Lenovo notebook with 27GB of storage, which is full, and the download requires 8GB. How can I process this download using an external 1TB USB drive instead? Many...
  6. Windows 10 on HP Notebook

Windows 10 on HP Notebook: Hi I have a HP 14 inches notebook, which I upgraded from Windows 10 version 1511 to version 1709 a couple months ago. Turns out that with the new version, the computer is running really slow and I was wondering if I could find a Windows 10 version 1511 USB recovery image to...
  7. Windows 10 and notebook 4k

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and notebook 4k: Hi, I recently purchased a notebook with Windows 10 and 4K monitors . The problem is that some app are not optimized for 4K and toolbars of some programs appear to be "cut" on the bottom and then the characters in the windows do not read (written inside the window appear...
  8. Win 10 Home default storage locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home default storage locations: I started using a new PC with Win10 Home installed. After a couple of days, I received a message saying my OneDrive space was almost full. When I looked into this I found the default location for my photos is a OneDrive folder. This was set automatically. When I try to change...
  9. How to switch Windows 10 home/PRO licenses between 2 notebook?

How to switch Windows 10 home/PRO licenses between 2 notebook?: Hi all, I own 2 notebooks: The first one (the older one), with the following upgrade history: Windows 7 OEM -> Upgraded to Windows 8.1 PRO with a bought and legitimate license -> Upgraded to Windows 10 PRO with free Micorsoft upgrade. The second one (the new one),...
  10. Samsung notebook and Intel Rapid Storage Technology software

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung notebook and Intel Rapid Storage Technology software: Hi! Current situation: Windows 10 Home 64-bit Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz 44 °C Tecnologia Ivy Bridge 22nm 4.00GB Canale Single DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28) SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. NP350V5C-S09IT (SOCKET 0) Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz) Intel HD...