Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Suddenly Asking For Activation

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Suddenly Asking For Activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've owned my Asus X442U for 3 years, bought from an authorized retailer. They activated Windows the day I bought it, with the product key and all so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by gdrey, May 21, 2020.

1. gdrey Win User

Windows 10 Home Suddenly Asking For Activation

I've owned my Asus X442U for 3 years, bought from an authorized retailer. They activated Windows the day I bought it, with the product key and all so I'm sure I've been running a legit version of Windows all these years.

I'm currently running Windows 10 Home 1903 Build 18362.836

According to Settings > Activation I have no Product Key. I tried these two methods to retrieve my Product Key. The first method didn't work said Error but the second one did and gave me a key although it didn't work when I entered it in Change product key.

I've tried several methods already to reactivate Windows but all were to no avail. I even did a factory reset but Windows still presented itself as not activated.

Really hope I could get some help on this. Thank you in advance!

:)

gdrey, May 21, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home Suddenly Asking For Activation - Similar Threads - Home Suddenly Asking

2. Old free upgrade of windows 7 to 10 Home suddenly asking for new activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Old free upgrade of windows 7 to 10 Home suddenly asking for new activation: A couple of years back I did a free upgrade of my windows 7 running on my laptop to windows 10 Home. Just today 20-02-2023 my windows is requesting activation. I tried to input the OEM windows 7 key but was not accepted. What do i do?...
  3. Old free upgrade of windows 7 to 10 Home suddenly asking for new activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old free upgrade of windows 7 to 10 Home suddenly asking for new activation: A couple of years back I did a free upgrade of my windows 7 running on my laptop to windows 10 Home. Just today 20-02-2023 my windows is requesting activation. I tried to input the OEM windows 7 key but was not accepted. What do i do?...
  4. Old free upgrade of windows 7 to 10 Home suddenly asking for new activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows suddenly asking for activation

Windows suddenly asking for activation: Hello, I have recently encountered this issue where my windows suddenly started asking for activation. It displays me 0x8007007B error and i can't seem to find a solution to this. Thanks for answers....
  6. why Windows 10 suddenly asks for activation?

why Windows 10 suddenly asks for activation?: Please answer my question why Windows 10 suddenly asks for activation, but I don't have activation because my Windows is a package with my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scientistco/ae19b6a8-a89e-4b21-8fef-ef775adacc78
  7. Activated window suddenly ask for Activation

Activated window suddenly ask for Activation: My window is register to a digital license linked to my Microsoft account, I updated my windows 10 Pro Education then after some days my window suddenly deactivated, now I got this massage "Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you're connected to the Internet,...
  8. MY WINDOWS IS ASKING IS SUDDENLY ASKING FOR ACTIVATION.

MY WINDOWS IS ASKING IS SUDDENLY ASKING FOR ACTIVATION.: WHTA IS THE THE PRODUCT KEY OF PRODUCT ID 00331-10000-00001-AA475 THE PRODUCT ID ENDS WITH T83GX. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-is-asking-is-suddenly-asking-for/0577d752-cfc1-4b64-aa0c-66c39f6e0f71"
  9. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.: I have Windows 10 on a home computer and I don't need the security of a password. I have it set to to boot without asking for the password. Recently, it started asking for the password. Rebooting the computer directly from that screen boots the computer without asking for the...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password: Hello! I've just started configuring a new pc. After relocating the Users folder from the SSD to the HDD drive successfully (following the tutorial in this forum), i wanted to change the name of the user folder. I activated my starting account, deleted the dummy one for...