Windows 10: Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise

Discus and support Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Yesterday, I went on the built-in Microsoft store, purchased the $99 Windows 10 Pro upgrade, after the transaction completed, it changed to an install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ZhenyangLi, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise

Yesterday, I went on the built-in Microsoft store, purchased the $99 Windows 10 Pro upgrade, after the transaction completed, it changed to an install button that I clicked on and went through the "Adding Features" updates.

When I finished the update, I check my license, it says Windows 10 Enterprise instead of Pro and my Windows installation is not even activated.

I tried running the troubleshooter and got nothing.

FYI: my license is digital and I don't have any product key

:)

ZhenyangLi, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise

Free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Enterprise

I have Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition installed on my machine. I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free. Can I downgrade Windows 8.1 Enterprise to Windows 7 Professional and then further upgrade it to Windows 10 Professional for free? I have valid Windows
    7 Professional keys with me.

In the whole process of downgrading and upgrading, I want to retain all Windows settings and personal user file.

Please suggest!!

If it is possible, please suggest the ways I can accomplish it.

Thanks in adv.

SapanManjhi, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise

1. Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise - Similar Threads - Home suppose upgraded

2. Windows store upgrade to windows 10 Pro failed. got upgraded me to windows 10 enterprise...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows store upgrade to windows 10 Pro failed. got upgraded me to windows 10 enterprise...: I recently had to perform a factory restore on my system which too the OS back to Win10 Home 1803. after performing the restore, I updated my OS to 20H1 Home using Windows update. then i went and downloaded and installed the 21H1 enablement package. My system should have been...
  3. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro got Enterprise instead: I went through the Microsoft store to upgrade my Windows 10 Home systems to Pro but I've had two of them upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise and are asking for activation. I never selected Enterprise wasn't an option how do I get the Windows 10 Pro key that I ordered installed?...
  4. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Enterprise: There is a lot of conflicting information on how you can and can't upgrade to Enterprise from a current Home edition. I purchased a system about 2 years ago for business that came with Windows 10 Home by default. Pretty weird combo considering the specs of this system but...
  5. Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro

Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro: I ran into an odd thing today. Have been upgrading Windows 10 Home computers to Windows 10 Pro. I made use of the upgrade option provided in the Microsoft Store paying the C$ 130. Two of the computers showed Windows 10 Enterprise after the upgrade was done. The problem is...
  6. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi/6d21d6d7-1500-4458-b69f-3ee07b1f66c0
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Hi, I recently bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store for my laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. After the payment is finished, I got a notification to restart my laptop. When it is booted on, I checked the Settings > Activation page and instead of...
  8. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?: This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that the machine is now...
  9. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?: Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible? Thanks 121474
  10. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

in Windows 10 Support
    In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?: Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible? Thanks 121474

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgraded to windows 10 pro but says windows 10 enterprise

2. upgraded to windows pro and ended up with enterprise

3. windos store upgraded my copy of windows to enterprise instead of pro

4. upgraded to windows 10 pro but got enterprise,
  5. microsoft error when upgraded to windows 10 pro it got windows 10 enterprise,
  6. windows store upgraded to enterprise not pro,
  7. i upgraded to windows 10 pro but it says enterprise,
  8. upgraded from windows home to pro and it says enterprise,
  9. upgraded windows 10 home to pro from Microsoft store and now it shows not activated and enterprise edition,
  10. i upgraded to windows 10 pro but got enterprise,
  11. upgraded to windows 10 Pro but says enterpise,
  12. upgraded home to pro but got enterprise,
  13. upgraded windows 10 to pro and now it says enterprise