Windows 10: windows 10 home--The personalization setting for display background photo album is...

Discus and support windows 10 home--The personalization setting for display background photo album is... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The personalization setting for display background photo album is defaulting to a different phot album without any change being input. I have selected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BillieOvercash, Jan 14, 2021.

1. windows 10 home--The personalization setting for display background photo album is...

The personalization setting for display background photo album is defaulting to a different phot album without any change being input. I have selected this file----- this pc>pictures>saved pictures. It seems to change every time the pc updates or if the power goes out.

:)

BillieOvercash, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Davidc336 Win User

Settings/Personalization/Background/Slideshow - what is an "album"

I seem to be unable to accomplish the simplest thing in Windows 10, and equally unable to find any online help about it. I just want to set the desktop background to be a slideshow. The Settings/Personalization dialog has a Slideshow selection in the Background
    pull down. When I select this, I get "Choose albums for your slideshow" below the pull down.

I click the Browse button, and browse to a folder on my PC containing pictures, select that, and nothing happens. The file open dialogue doesn't even show any of my .jpg files contained in the folder. So evidently, "albums" are a particular concept in Windows

What is an "album" in the Window 10 vernacular?

I can't find this anywhere, except in the Photos App. And there, the relationship between what it calls an "Album", and any sort of file I can browse to on my computer is completely opaque. I'm not even sure it's the same concept as is being referred to
    in the Personalization dialog. I can't seem to find any menu item in Photos to create or save an album file.

So I went to the start menu search box and looked for something resembling a user manual or help with Windows 10 or the Photos app, or "albums" in the Windows sense, and nothing comes up except some internet searches which are mostly completely off topic.
    So my second question is.

Where is the user manual and/or help file for Windows 10?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Davidc336, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Image file name and location info displayable when Pictures/photos used as desktop Background

I have a suggestion for desktop Background personalization:

Here's the situation:

• I personalize my Windows 10 desktop so that a Slideshow displays my photo album photos on the Background, which cover a 20 year span of photos. I LOVE THIS FEATURE! Whenever an especially nice, nostalgic photo displays, I have this urge
      to go search/find it in my massive album set, maybe to find out when and where
      it was taken, or to study it closer, or perhaps get it printed out, or share it with friends and loved ones.
    • The PROBLEM: There is no way to look at the displayed photo on the desktop background and determine where it exists in the computer hard drive, i.e. drive path and filename. So I'm left to basically guess at it, and go combing through folders and folders
      of photos--this can take a lonnnnng time. Many times I just don't have the time to do that.
    • The RECOMMENDATION SOLUTION : Display a super-imposed drive path and filename in a corner of the displayed photo. At least then, someone could eyeball the path and filename, write it down, then go find it quickly. Or better yet, if the super-imposed info
      was actually a shortcut to the file being displayed, that would be optimum. And, since some users may not want this behavior, make it an optional setting within the Personalization settings for Background --> Slideshow.
    That's it.

Thanks, George

VaGeorgeInDE, Jan 14, 2021
  4. windows 10 home--The personalization setting for display background photo album is...

photo albums

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you have followed to setup an album using Windows 10?
    2. Which application are you using to display the album?
    3. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to Photos app, I suggest you to refer the section “Help the app find more photos” from the article
    See all your photos
    for the steps.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 home--The personalization setting for display background photo album is...

1. windows 10 home--The personalization setting for display background photo album is... - Similar Threads - home personalization setting

2. Photos added to an album in Windows 10 'Photos' App are no longer visible in the album....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos added to an album in Windows 10 'Photos' App are no longer visible in the album....: Dear friendsI am organising my Dad's funeral.My digital photos are all over the place on the hard drive of my PC and three external drives from previous years. It is a project on my large list of t do's.My teenage son has spent the last few evening going through every single...
  3. Photos added to an album in Windows 10 'Photos' App are no longer visible in the album....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos added to an album in Windows 10 'Photos' App are no longer visible in the album....: Dear friendsI am organising my Dad's funeral.My digital photos are all over the place on the hard drive of my PC and three external drives from previous years. It is a project on my large list of t do's.My teenage son has spent the last few evening going through every single...
  4. Windows 10 photo albums

Windows 10 photo albums: A great number of my photo albums have disappeared. It began with just one album missing, then more, now about a third of them. The photos are still on my computer, but the specific albums, the result of hours and hours of work, are empty. I believe this is due to Windows 10...
  5. Photos and photos albums on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos and photos albums on Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 on a new laptop. I have gone thru all of the photos and having created numerous albums, I assigned each picture to the appropriate album. However, now when I go back to photos, I find that each one has duplicated and now shows twice. Is there a way to...
  6. photo album

photo album: i scan photos, save them, then can't find them again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-album/3b68fd48-22d8-4682-81ab-4ca8afee7100"
  7. photo albums

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo albums: I set up an album using windows 10 but when i display the album it only shows selected photos.how do you change the storyboard to include all the photos chosen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-albums/7526ae66-5392-44b0-9ef7-c45d5a44fc34
  8. Synching "personal background photo" in Windows 10 Windows 10 Home 1809?

Synching "personal background photo" in Windows 10 Windows 10 Home 1809?: I use/support multiple Microsoft account identities on four different computers. All are running the current Windows 10 Home software for the particular hardware platform. One of the account identities has a background photo which does not correctly "synch" to all of the...
  9. Synching "personal background photo" in Windows 10 Windows 10 Home 1809?

Synching "personal background photo" in Windows 10 Windows 10 Home 1809?: I use/support multiple Microsoft account identities on four different computers. All are running the current Windows 10 Home software for the particular hardware platform. One of the account identities has a background photo which does not correctly "synch" to all of the...
  10. Can't add personal photo as Background.

Can't add personal photo as Background.: When I try to use Picture option to select an image of my own for a Background nothing happens when I click on the Browse button. The Browse button works if I select Slideshow, but not for Picture. Suggestions? 35976