Windows 10: Windows 10 Home to Pro error when using Windows 7 Ultimate Key 0x80070057

Discus and support Windows 10 Home to Pro error when using Windows 7 Ultimate Key 0x80070057 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows Version 1909 I get this error when I try upgrading with Windows 7 Ultimate key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Engineer Gaming, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home to Pro error when using Windows 7 Ultimate Key 0x80070057

Windows Version 1909

I get this error when I try upgrading with Windows 7 Ultimate key.

:)

Engineer Gaming, Jul 31, 2020
  2. scope54 Win User

Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

I've tried the opposite, was installing Win7 on a friends comp, my copy of win 7 (home premium) and his key (pro). When I entered the key, it gave me an error regarding versions. Skipping the initial key input also lead to a version error thing when Windows booted up. One big thing I noticed when I did that was it didn't let you choose the version to install if you skipped the key input. In short Vista lets you use whatever disc to install, 7 doesn't.

scope54, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

No - Typically as far as I know, a Windows 7 Ultimate key will unlock Windows 7 Ultimate.

The thing is basically what is on the INSTALLATION disc is usually exactly the same no matter what version you buy, ALL the potential content is already on the disc, and it is the Product Key itself that tells the installer what options to install/how to install them, so that you land up with your specific product.

Take an Ultimate DVD, install , but enter a windows Home key, and you will most likely get a Home install.

... or am I 'trippin? Pro's weigh in?

BazookaJoe, Jul 31, 2020
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 Home to Pro error when using Windows 7 Ultimate Key 0x80070057

Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

no TRWOV u can't use Ultimate key on Pro but u can download a free Windows 7, if that's the problem.

Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Microsoft's Official Distributer:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

puma99dk|, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home to Pro error when using Windows 7 Ultimate Key 0x80070057

1. Windows 10 Home to Pro error when using Windows 7 Ultimate Key 0x80070057 - Similar Threads - Home Pro error

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working: My plan was to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a Windows 7 Pro key, I read a lot of articles and videos and they all seemed to make the upgrade possible, but for me I have a valid Windows 10 Home key and i'm trying to use a Windows 7 Pro key to upgrade it to Windows 10...
  3. Can I use Windows 7 Ultimate Product key on Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use Windows 7 Ultimate Product key on Windows 10 pro: A few months ago, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to 10 while swapping the HDD for an SSD. In doing so, now my installation of Windows 10 is not activated. Today, I stumbled upon a program called ProduKey and it helped me to find my Windows 7 Ultimate product key because...
  4. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with an old Windows 7 Ultimate key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with an old Windows 7 Ultimate key: Greetings I hope someone will be able to help me understand what I have to do to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to PRO. Here is some background: I have an old laptop with Windows 10 PRO on it. It came with Windows 10 Home OEM but I've used my old Windows 7 Ultimate retail key to...
  5. Upgrade pre-installed Windows 10 HOME to PRO using an old Windows 7 Ultimate key

Upgrade pre-installed Windows 10 HOME to PRO using an old Windows 7 Ultimate key: Hello! I'n currently running a pre-installed Home version, already updated to 20H2 version, which I am looking to upgrade to a PRO version. I still own my Windows 7 Ultimate key from an old broken and out-of-service machine. I've read on several PC magazines that i can...
  6. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with Windows 7 Ultimate key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with Windows 7 Ultimate key: Hello Few years ago I've successfully upgraded my laptop with Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 PRO with my Windows 7 Ultimate Retail key. This laptop is now old and I'm not using it. I've found out that I can transfer my Windows 10 PRO license to my new laptop or PC through my...
  7. Windows 10 Home to Pro activation error msg 0x80070057

Windows 10 Home to Pro activation error msg 0x80070057: Hi MS Team, I've wanted to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro version, but when I press Start after entering activation key that I bought I get this message; [IMG] What ever I do I can't upgrade as same message comes again. I've checked this error code and it says...
  8. 0x80070057 Error when updating from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10

0x80070057 Error when updating from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10: I am trying to update a friends PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Installation seems to go fine until I get 0x80070057 error. Can anyone provide an explanation of the problem and what I can do to fix it ? Thanks David...
  9. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Using Windows 7 Pro Key

Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Using Windows 7 Pro Key: I bought this new Dell laptop that came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. I have an old Windows 7 pro key(currently not used on any other machine) that I would like to use to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I get following error message: The last product key (ID: some number...
  10. Windows 7 Ultimate To Windows 10 Pro?

Windows 7 Ultimate To Windows 10 Pro?: I used a Windows 7 Ultimate key to upgrade my Windows 10, and it says Pro, not Enterprise. Ultimate is a higher version than Enterprise, I'm wondering why it went to Pro instead. Can one upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise from any Windows 7 key? 128143