Windows 10: windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change

Discus and support windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought my laptop with Windows 10 Home and purchased and upgraded to pro successfully. Recently I bought new 500gb SSD and replaced 256gb SSD, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SayedMaheen, Nov 1, 2020.

1. windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change

I bought my laptop with Windows 10 Home and purchased and upgraded to pro successfully.

Recently I bought new 500gb SSD and replaced 256gb SSD, then reinstalled Windows 10 home.

Then i linked my microsoft account and tried to upgrade to pro...it's showing error

:)

SayedMaheen, Nov 1, 2020
  2. Kolby65 Win User

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change

1. windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change - Similar Threads - home pro upgrade

2. hardware change lost upgrade to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hardware change lost upgrade to pro: I sent my laptop in for repair and the motherboard was replaced. They reset windows to Windows 10 Home. I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro then to 11. Now I can not get it to install without purchasing a new copy. There has to be an easy fix to this. It must happen fairly...
  3. Windows upgraded to Pro from Home after hardware change, now activation doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows upgraded to Pro from Home after hardware change, now activation doesn't work.: Hi there! I realize that this has already been solved many times, but for some reason it won't work for me. So as the title suggests, we upgraded some of our hardware the motherboard among it due to crashing and decided to reinstall our new windows on it we bought a usb a...
  4. Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro after hardware change and not activated windows on computer

Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro after hardware change and not activated windows on computer: Hi i had windows 8 and when the free upgrade came to W10 i used it now i change my parts and windows is not activated i have bought windows 10 pro but cant activate it and i get an error code when activating it 0x004f050 apparently its because the free upgrade was W10 home...
  5. Windows 10 Home Reactivation after hardware change?

Windows 10 Home Reactivation after hardware change?: I recently changed my motherboard and cpu and my new pc has my account and everything but it wont let me reactivate my windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-reactivation-after-hardware-change/35c541c9-40d1-4fe1-94e6-d5b2dc00e0ee"
  6. Failing re-activation after hardware change after upgrading win10 home to pro

Failing re-activation after hardware change after upgrading win10 home to pro: So a few days ago I wanted to add my new windows 10 home to a domain, but bummer for me Microsoft finds that to be a "pro" feature now so I bought the upgrade. I installed it and activated it, no problems, all was working perfectly. But a day later I also thought it was time...
  7. Windows 10 home activation after a hardware upgrade

Windows 10 home activation after a hardware upgrade: I recently did a hardware upgrade on my PC. This included a new motherboard, CPU and two RAM sticks. After the upgrade I got a message on my screen saying: "Activate windows, go to settings to activate Windows". However, I can't activate it since I don't have my product key...
  8. Reactivate After Hardware Change (10 Home -> Upgraded to 10 Pro via Store)

Reactivate After Hardware Change (10 Home -> Upgraded to 10 Pro via Store): Hi, I recently did a hardware change on my Windows 10 Pro installation. Obviously I need to reactivate Windows after the change (Code: 0xC004F211), I select the troubleshooter and "I changed hardware" which fails with a generic "It can't be activated at this time" nonsense....
  9. Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!: I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter, selecing that I...
  10. Windows 10 Home Reactivation After Hardware Change

Windows 10 Home Reactivation After Hardware Change: Hello, I recently replaced the motherboard in my PC and wanted to reactivate windows 10. I checked before the upgrade that windows 10 was linked to my Microsoft account and it said it was. Now, I am trying to reactivate windows using the troubleshooter but I keep getting an...