Windows 10: Windows 10 home to pro upgrade - need to update personal microsoft account to work...

Discus and support Windows 10 home to pro upgrade - need to update personal microsoft account to work... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, So my problem is that my PC started its life as a Home license. Now that I have upgraded to Professional in order to use RDP among other... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DarrellBunger, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 home to pro upgrade - need to update personal microsoft account to work...

Hi,

So my problem is that my PC started its life as a Home license. Now that I have upgraded to Professional in order to use RDP among other features, I am having issues with getting onto my PC by RDP using my profile's microsoft account. I did go into system properties and enable RDP sessions for the desktop I am trying to remote to.

I have a laptop signed in using the same microsoft account at home. I am using VPN tunnel to my office to get to the network. Once on the network, I enter my desktop.IPWindows 10 home to pro upgrade - need to update personal microsoft account to work... :port and would expect since I am logged in with the same microsoft account that it would sign me directly in. Instead, it says my password / credentials are not correct. It calls my username out as "MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***", which makes sense, but the password I use to log in does not work through RDP. It works directly from in front of the desktop, it works directly on the laptop, and it works in a web browser to see my microsoft account, which shows me both my problem desktop and my laptop, confirming that I'm using the same microsoft account and not a case of personal vs work/school account separation. Not really sure where to go here. I've tried removing the microsoft account and adding it back.

I'd love to not have to copy all my profile data off the PC, reset it and start from the beginning, so please tell me there's a hidden registry bit switch somewhere that dumps associations to microsoft accounts permanently as if starting from a clean slate -- OR any equivalent thereof that is less work than a reset of the PC. I don't know that a reset while keeping my files would do the trick in this instance.

:)

DarrellBunger, Apr 20, 2021
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

Defer feature updates in Windows 10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 20, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 home to pro upgrade - need to update personal microsoft account to work...

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 home to pro upgrade - need to update personal microsoft account to work...

1. Windows 10 home to pro upgrade - need to update personal microsoft account to work... - Similar Threads - home pro upgrade

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade not working.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade not working.: Hello,I purchased windows 10 pro off of the Microsoft store to upgrade a brand new PC. At first it was saying that I had an invalid pro key and wouldn't update. I restarted my computer, then it said I was will on windows 10 home and that that was no longer activated. I...
  3. Switch to signing in with Microsoft Work Account on PC that was upgraded from Home to Pro

Switch to signing in with Microsoft Work Account on PC that was upgraded from Home to Pro: I recently bought a Lenovo laptop Ideapad 3 that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I setup the machine with my personal Windows account an old hotmail email. Then I immediately upgraded it Windows 10 Pro. This is because it is a computer intended for my wife's business. So I...
  4. Windows 10 Home updates/ Upgrade to Pro version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home updates/ Upgrade to Pro version: I have been unable to update my Windows 10 Home for over a year error code 0x80070057 so I purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade thinking this might solve my problem. I am now unable to Upgrade to the Pro version. I have followed every step I have found and it still doesn't work....
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade failed - Computer says Home, Microsoft account says Pro,...

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade failed - Computer says Home, Microsoft account says Pro,...: As above.Dell Inspiron 15 5510Came with Windows 10 Home.Went into my account on the Microsoft website, selected the Dell device, went to upgrade by paying $99+Tax to go from Win 10 Home to Pro.The transaction went through Microsoft website now says my computer is Win 10 Pro...
  6. Upgrading to Microsoft window home to Pro

Upgrading to Microsoft window home to Pro: I upgraded my old laptop which came with windows 10 home pre-installed to Pro by buying a separate license from the Microsoft store. I have new laptop windows 10 home pre-installed and I want to upgrade to windows pro. Can't I use the windows pro upgrade license I purchased...
  7. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro: I just bought a new laptop. Came with Windows 10 Home. I wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Went to Microsoft Store and purchase Window 10 Pro upgrade. After purchasing it and install. Windows try to Active but it can't. I know that Windows 10 Home was Activate before...
  8. Upgrade windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrade windows 10 Home to Pro: I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 from Home to Pro Edition. I have a product key. When I go to update the Activation asks for a series of 6 digit numbers. My product key is all 5 digit numbers. I had it on a laptop that is no longer usable. How do I activate this ?...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hello! I've thinking to create a Active Director to control ~30 Windows machines. But all these machines are Windows Home (OEM). Can I upgrade all of them to Windows Pro in my company using Windows Store? Or need I to contact some Microsoft Business Center? Thanks in...
  10. Microsoft Windows 10 home to Upgrade Pro

Microsoft Windows 10 home to Upgrade Pro: Try to Upgrade Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro Have Key, Keeps giving me an error saying something went wrong try later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-10-home-to-upgrade-pro/13f91785-495b-468e-91a1-3a2542245653