Windows 10: Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade purchase/refund questions.

Discus and support Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade purchase/refund questions. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop that came with win 1 0home, which I immediately bought the upgrade to Win10 Pro. but less than a week into owning the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cybot, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Cybot Win User

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade purchase/refund questions.

I just bought a new laptop that came with win 1 0home, which I immediately bought the upgrade to Win10 Pro. but less than a week into owning the new laptop, it developed a hardware issue that required me to return the unit. will the upgrade I bought work on the replacement laptop? If I decide to get a similar model by the same maker with slightly better specs instead (gtx 1070, 2tb hdd as opposed to gtx 1060, 1tb hdd), will the upgrade still work? If it turns out the new laptop comes with win10 pro already on it, is it possible to get my money back on the upgrade? what process do I need to follow to get the refund process started?

:)

Cybot, Feb 21, 2019

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade purchase/refund questions.

Purchased Windows 10 pro upgrade stuck on working on it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please share the information:

• When exactly does the Windows 10 pro upgrade gets stuck?

• Where did you purchase Windows 10 pro upgrade?

• Are you getting any error message?

For more information, I suggest you to refer the answer provided by
    Cpt Brik,
    one of the community member from the following link.

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Please get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade purchase/refund questions.

1. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade purchase/refund questions. - Similar Threads - Home Pro upgrade

2. How to refund windows 10 pro purchase?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to refund windows 10 pro purchase?: Hello, I recently purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro that I intended to use in a separate computer that I was going to sell online. I installed windows on the second computer, and signed in to the same account that I bought Windows 10 Pro from, but windows will not activate....
  3. How to refund windows 10 pro purchase?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to refund windows 10 pro purchase?: Hello, I recently purchased a copy of Windows 10 Pro that I intended to use in a separate computer that I was going to sell online. I installed windows on the second computer, and signed in to the same account that I bought Windows 10 Pro from, but windows will not activate....
  4. How to refund windows 10 pro purchase?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. purchased pro upgrade but only home reinstalls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased pro upgrade but only home reinstalls: I purchased pro upgrades for a number of machines. I recently had a ransomware attack so I replaced the OS drive and now it only installs windows 11 home and not the pro upgrade. What can be done?...
  6. purchased pro upgrade but only home reinstalls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    purchased pro upgrade but only home reinstalls: I purchased pro upgrades for a number of machines. I recently had a ransomware attack so I replaced the OS drive and now it only installs windows 11 home and not the pro upgrade. What can be done?...
  7. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Question: I6/25 I brought an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro. The laptop went through several hours of installing and my machine still shows Windows 10 Home as the version. I called a Microsoft Store and the guy gave me a phone number after I explained to him my problem. The...
  8. Refund for Windows 10 Purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Refund for Windows 10 Purchase: Hello, I just bought windows ten to run on parallel network. Now that I have windows that I bought for $139, and I bought parallels for $80. And now I have to buy a $70 subscription to office 365 if I want to organize my stuff? I bought windows to make my life easier and now...
  9. where to purchase upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    where to purchase upgrade from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro: Having problems getting to location to upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 pro. Everything states goto the Microsoft store which I do, then windows, then I get lost in options not related to the upgrade. It wants to upgrade me from previous versions of windows instead of...
  10. Windows 10 Pro upgrade refund

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade refund: I just purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for my laptop (which came with Windows 10 Home Single Language), failing to realize my account was tied to a desktop that's no longer in use, and hasn't been for a year now. The Microsoft Store page did say it wasn't...