Windows 10: Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 7 key lost

Discus and support Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 7 key lost in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, well... I'll start thanking whoever can help me with this. A couple of months ago I bought a computer that came with Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ÁngelVega, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 7 key lost

Hello, well... I'll start thanking whoever can help me with this.

A couple of months ago I bought a computer that came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I wanted to upgrade to the pro version so I used a product key of Windows 7 Professional to do so, everything worked fine, the Activation Wizard accepted the activation key and updated adding the new features.

The thing is that I recently bought an SSD for my computer so tried to migrate my Windows installation to it and it did not go well. At the end I could not boot the software anymore so I was forced to do a clean installation process and it activated the Home version instead of the Pro directly. The issue is that when I try to follow the same process of activating the Pro version again how I did it before it gives me an error 0xc004f050 stating that my key just didn't work.

Is there a way to activate my Windows Pro again?

:)

ÁngelVega, Mar 28, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    windows 10 key

I just did a deployment last night with a fresh 10 install using the newest ISO and a 7 Pro key, worked like a charm. Glad yours worked for you as well. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 28, 2020
  4. ironwolf Win User

Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 7 key lost

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 7 key lost

1. Windows 10 Home to Pro with Windows 7 key lost - Similar Threads - Home Pro key

2. Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home: Hi,My pc died after power switch during updating the system.I managed to reinstall system, but by mistake I installed Win ProI don't have key for that, so watermark is still on my screen, sadly I lost it with super old pc box.When I'm getting to activation of my key there's...
  3. Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home: Hi,My pc died after power switch during updating the system.I managed to reinstall system, but by mistake I installed Win ProI don't have key for that, so watermark is still on my screen, sadly I lost it with super old pc box.When I'm getting to activation of my key there's...
  4. Lost key, can't downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working: My plan was to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a Windows 7 Pro key, I read a lot of articles and videos and they all seemed to make the upgrade possible, but for me I have a valid Windows 10 Home key and i'm trying to use a Windows 7 Pro key to upgrade it to Windows 10...
  6. Windows 7 Pro Key to Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Pro Key to Windows 11 Home: Hello, I built a pc and I found a windows 7 pro key under my Dell laptop that hasn't been used, can I use the key to activate windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-pro-key-to-windows-11-home/5f292013-9a64-4f86-84cc-2dafc05b43cd
  7. Windows 7 Pro Key to Windows 11 Home

Windows 7 Pro Key to Windows 11 Home: Hello, I built a pc and I found a windows 7 pro key under my Dell laptop that hasn't been used, can I use the key to activate windows 11 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-pro-key-to-windows-11-home/5f292013-9a64-4f86-84cc-2dafc05b43cd
  8. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with Windows 7 Ultimate key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with Windows 7 Ultimate key: Hello Few years ago I've successfully upgraded my laptop with Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 PRO with my Windows 7 Ultimate Retail key. This laptop is now old and I'm not using it. I've found out that I can transfer my Windows 10 PRO license to my new laptop or PC through my...
  9. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Windows 7 key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Windows 7 key?: Hi, I have some questions about Windows 10 activation. About a year ago I got a new laptop with 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD with Win10 Home. I removed the SSD and replaced the HDD with a 2TB that I'm using for dual booting. I reinstalled Win10 to an empty 1TB partition from a...
  10. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Using Windows 7 Pro Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Using Windows 7 Pro Key: I bought this new Dell laptop that came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. I have an old Windows 7 pro key(currently not used on any other machine) that I would like to use to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I get following error message: The last product key (ID: some number...