Windows 10: Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

Discus and support Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HelpLessUSA, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which I do not have anymore. Since upgrading to windows 10 professional, the OS has failed to activate. I've tried using the I've tried using the "Activation Troubleshoot" tool, but that returns:"Troubleshooting has completed. We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet and try again. If you're connected to the Internet and continue seeing this problem, contact your system administrator for more information."I a

:)

HelpLessUSA, Nov 3, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Nov 4, 2021
  3. Recon-UK Win User

Ahem... lost my activation when upgrading from AMD Phenom II to my XEON...
    Installed "legit" activated Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and yes i paid for the license originally, but that key no longer works.. i paid more than enough to MS *Shadedshun :shadedshu:
    Anyway once 7 is installed.. go here... Download Windows 10
    Click Upgrade Now, it will give you a download with an app that gives you legit activated Windows 10 based on your Win 7 activation.

Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure untitled-png.png

Recon-UK, Nov 4, 2021
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

1. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure - Similar Threads - home professional upgrade

2. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial: I have a Windows 10 Professional license from a laptop that I purchased a while ago. Recently, I built a new pc, which I installed the trial version of Windows 10 Home on. My plan was to transfer the license from the laptop onto the pc once I upgraded the laptop. I have,...
  3. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial: I have a Windows 10 Professional license from a laptop that I purchased a while ago. Recently, I built a new pc, which I installed the trial version of Windows 10 Home on. My plan was to transfer the license from the laptop onto the pc once I upgraded the laptop. I have,...
  4. Windows 10 Professional License used to activate Windows 10 Home trial

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure: Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which I do not have anymore. Since upgrading to windows 10 professional, the OS has failed to activate. I've tried using the I've...
  6. Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 home to professional upgrade license activation failure: Hello,I upgraded my windows 10 Home installation to windows 10 professional. The home activation was activated with the original OEM license key, which I do not have anymore. Since upgrading to windows 10 professional, the OS has failed to activate. I've tried using the I've...
  7. Windows 10 Home is $130. Windows 10 Professional is $200. The upgrade license is $100?

Windows 10 Home is $130. Windows 10 Professional is $200. The upgrade license is $100?: I purchased a Windows 10 Home digital license a couple of years ago. Now I've got an NFS server I'd like to natively mount the share from, but I discovered that feature is only available with a Professional license. So I looked at upgrading to Pro. I paid $130 for my Home...
  8. Windows 10 activation fails after upgrading from home to professional

Windows 10 activation fails after upgrading from home to professional: Hi, I had a Windows 10 home edistion on my laptop with the product key. Few days ago I have purchased an upgrad to Windows 10 professional through microsoft. Now I cannot activate it neither using the old product key (error code: 0xc004f050) nor when I use...
  9. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Professional: I recently purchased a refurbished cpu with Windows 10 Home installed. Wanted to upgrade to Windows 10 Professional. Put in product key but it didnt work. Now the computer is saying Windows is not activated....
  10. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Professional: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro product key from one Dell machine and have another Dell PC which has Windows 10 home installed. The Windows Home is a digital license. I upgraded it from Windows 7 when Win 10 was a free upgrade. I tried to activated the Win 10 Pro key on the...