Windows 10: Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Business

Discus and support Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Business in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've purchased a laptop for a work colleague. The laptop comes pre installed with Windows 10 Home. I want to upgrade the Windows 10 edition to Business... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Toby Moss, May 21, 2020.

1. Toby Moss Win User

Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Business

I've purchased a laptop for a work colleague. The laptop comes pre installed with Windows 10 Home. I want to upgrade the Windows 10 edition to Business so I have purchased my colleague I am an admin a subscription to Microsoft 365 Business Premium which includes Windows 10 Business. How do upgrade my colleagues Windows 10 from Home to Business now that they have this subscription on their work account? My colleague keeps getting an error message saying "This isnt a Microsoft account"...

:)

Toby Moss, May 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 21, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Business - Similar Threads - Home Business

2. Trying to install home version, system ask for business or school account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install home version, system ask for business or school account.: Trying to install home version, system ask for business or school account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-home-version-system-ask-for/38a47bd8-00fc-4d71-8b69-111f3fe4bb59
  3. Trying to install home version, system ask for business or school account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to install home version, system ask for business or school account.: Trying to install home version, system ask for business or school account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-install-home-version-system-ask-for/38a47bd8-00fc-4d71-8b69-111f3fe4bb59
  4. How to activate previously purchased MS Office Home & Business 2021 in new computer

How to activate previously purchased MS Office Home & Business 2021 in new computer: On April 4, 2022 I bought an XPS 8950 from Dell. Included in the purchase was Microsoft Office Home & Business 2021 with Adobe Acrobat Standard 2020. In December 2023 my system crashed and was diagnosed as a failed motherboard. I had to buy a new computer. I had no...
  5. How to activate previously purchased MS Office Home & Business 2021 in new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate previously purchased MS Office Home & Business 2021 in new computer: On April 4, 2022 I bought an XPS 8950 from Dell. Included in the purchase was Microsoft Office Home & Business 2021 with Adobe Acrobat Standard 2020. In December 2023 my system crashed and was diagnosed as a failed motherboard. I had to buy a new computer. I had no...
  6. windows 11 home to pro upgrade for microsoft 365 business keys not working

windows 11 home to pro upgrade for microsoft 365 business keys not working: We just bought a bunch of these keys and I can't get it to work on any of our windows 11 home computers, we do have a 365 business premium sub....
  7. windows 11 home to pro upgrade for microsoft 365 business keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 home to pro upgrade for microsoft 365 business keys not working: We just bought a bunch of these keys and I can't get it to work on any of our windows 11 home computers, we do have a 365 business premium sub....
  8. How do I install Window 11 Business instead of Windows 11 Home????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Window 11 Business instead of Windows 11 Home????: I've download the iso, created a bootable usb. I can boot and install windows, just not getting the option to choose Windows 11 Buisness it's just installing Windows 11 Home.Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks!....
  9. How do I install Window 11 Business instead of Windows 11 Home????

How do I install Window 11 Business instead of Windows 11 Home????: I've download the iso, created a bootable usb. I can boot and install windows, just not getting the option to choose Windows 11 Buisness it's just installing Windows 11 Home.Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks!....
  10. I want to separate 2 Office 2016 Home & Business licenses that are under the same e-mail /...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to separate 2 Office 2016 Home & Business licenses that are under the same e-mail /...: I have 2 different Office Home & Business 2016 licenses that are registrated under the same e-mail address / account.I would like to separate them and then connect a new e-mail address to one of them. Is it possible to do that and how could I do it?Thank you for any help :...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 business