Windows 10: Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Business

Discus and support Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Business in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've purchased a laptop for a work colleague. The laptop comes pre installed with Windows 10 Home. I want to upgrade the Windows 10 edition to Business... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Toby Moss, May 21, 2020 at 5:32 AM.

1. Toby Moss Win User

Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Business

I've purchased a laptop for a work colleague. The laptop comes pre installed with Windows 10 Home. I want to upgrade the Windows 10 edition to Business so I have purchased my colleague I am an admin a subscription to Microsoft 365 Business Premium which includes Windows 10 Business. How do upgrade my colleagues Windows 10 from Home to Business now that they have this subscription on their work account? My colleague keeps getting an error message saying "This isnt a Microsoft account"...

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

4. Delta6326 Win User

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Business - Similar Threads - Home Business

2. MS Office Home and Business 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Office Home and Business 2019: Hi, Had problems with Word - kept crashing when trying to insert images. Tried a few ideas to repair but ended up with Error Code 0x0000142. Used MS Support and Recovery Assistant which removed Office. I now need to reinstall it! Grateful for help. Brian Mott...
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 Home to Pro, after buying Microsoft Business Premium

Upgrading to Windows 10 Home to Pro, after buying Microsoft Business Premium: Hi everyone, There is a simple answer, at least I hope so. I bought Microsoft 365 Business Premium I decided that dusting off my fathers "old" laptop Windows 7 would be a great idea. Give it to my young boy, learning purposes. I furnished his PC with some apps,...
  4. Upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO using Microsoft 365 Business license

Upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to Windows 10 PRO using Microsoft 365 Business license: I have a company Microsoft 365 Business license. I also have one laptop, purchased using a Microsoft Hotmail account, as Microsoft would not allow to use a company Microsoft 365 account With Microsoft 365 Business license, Windows 10 PRO is included. I wish to upgrade...
  5. I want to ask Window 10 version Home can use for commercial/ business use ? I live in Singapore

I want to ask Window 10 version Home can use for commercial/ business use ? I live in Singapore: I want to ask Window 10 version Home can use for commercial/ business use or need to upgrade to window 10 Pro ? I live in Singapore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-ask-window-10-version-home-can-use-for/84619490-c6c2-45c0-bd91-5f41e181c706
  6. transfer of email account from business computer to home computer

transfer of email account from business computer to home computer: I sold the business last week and the computer with with the new buyer I want to transfer my email account from shop computer to home computer Can you please help? Thank you Mukund...
  7. Can't "Password Protect" NEW files using Microsoft Office - Home & Business 2013

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't "Password Protect" NEW files using Microsoft Office - Home & Business 2013: My previous description of the problem was not correct. Current files & folders continue to be "Password Protected." Good. The correct issues is: any NEW file I create and try to SAVE.....there is no way to "Password Protect" the new document. The...
  8. Lost my "Password-Protection" for files.....with Office "Home & Business 2013" ...and File...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost my "Password-Protection" for files.....with Office "Home & Business 2013" ...and File...: Hello to the Community, Running Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.592 I hadn't checked my Password-Protected files in several months.... Looked at them today. Password protection has disappeared. All files and folders are wide open. Why ? How did this...
  9. I downloaded Windows 10 Business/Education Edition Accidently, But I Need Windows 10 Home...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I downloaded Windows 10 Business/Education Edition Accidently, But I Need Windows 10 Home...: I recently built a desktop using parts I bought and parts I found in a computer from a school given to me by my Dad, whom works at that school. With that computer, there was a Windows 10 Installation DVD, which I later found out was for installing Windows 10...
  10. O365 home to O365 business

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    O365 home to O365 business: Hi, I have used the Office 365 Home free trial on my Windows 10. After I have tried the Office 365 for Business free trial and bought the licenses. Currently I can't switch my home to business account to activate the Windows. Can you help me?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i upgrade windows 10 home to windows 10 business