Windows 10: Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there, I've very recently upgraded my PC and purchased Windows 10 Home for my operating system which costed me $180 NZD. In my spare time, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ShivneelSingh, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Hi there,

I've very recently upgraded my PC and purchased Windows 10 Home for my operating system which costed me $180 NZD. In my spare time, I've wanted to code using Xamarin and Visual Studio, however, I've learnt that it is essential to have Hyper-V running for the Android Emulator that is used for Xamarin. Windows 10 Home does not have Hyper-V, but rather Windows 10 Pro does, which costs $209.00 NZD to pay for. I'm hoping I can just pay the extra $29 to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home since I've very recently purchased that Windows 10 Home license, as opposed paying the flat price of $209. If I had known I needed Hyper-V, I would've just purchased Windows 10 Pro initially, and as a student, financially an extra $209 would hurt quite a bit :\

Yours sincerely, a hopeful student.

:)

ShivneelSingh, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jan 19, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

1. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Home Pro

2. Windows 10 HOME vs Windows 10 PRO error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 HOME vs Windows 10 PRO error: Hello, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop and i made a full reset of the computer. After he finish i tried to turn it on and, after the windows logo and the loadings dots the screen turns black and nothing happens. Thinking it was a windows 10 problem on the reset i...
  3. I have a product key to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro instead of Home, but I have no where to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a product key to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro instead of Home, but I have no where to...: As the title says, I don't really have anywhere to back up my files in case something happens. Should I risk the upgrade without backing up my files? submitted by /u/Sergosh21 [link] [comments]...
  4. Upgrading to Microsoft window home to Pro

Upgrading to Microsoft window home to Pro: I upgraded my old laptop which came with windows 10 home pre-installed to Pro by buying a separate license from the Microsoft store. I have new laptop windows 10 home pre-installed and I want to upgrade to windows pro. Can't I use the windows pro upgrade license I purchased...
  5. Going from windows 10 pro to home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Going from windows 10 pro to home: I somehow got to windows 10 pro as my edition and i want to make it home so i can link my digital license Is there anyway I can go back to home to then link my Windows 10 home digital license through my Microsoft account...
  6. win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.

win 10 upgrade from home to pro, fails upgrade from Microsoft store.: I purchased home to pro upgrade from Microsoft store. Upgrade install gets to 99% then fails with error code 0xc004f050. According to Microsoft this is an activation error. My account shows the purchase. I have done; wsreset.exe, ran activation trouble shooter, ran update...
  7. i bought an upgrade win10 home to pro but now stuck after reinstall win10 home cause it's...

i bought an upgrade win10 home to pro but now stuck after reinstall win10 home cause it's...: hi i just bought new laptop with win10 home. but i need to use win10 pro. so i bought the upgrade from ms store. unfortunately during installation i got an error 0x80070005. so i chat with ms support and they suggest to turn off my antivirus and reinstall win10 from the link...
  8. I would like to change my Microsoft windows 10 Pro to windows 10 home. because Pro is for...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I would like to change my Microsoft windows 10 Pro to windows 10 home. because Pro is for...: I want to get ride of windows 10 Pro and get Windows 10 Home. because it will not let me print on my printer only make pdf's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-change-my-microsoft-windows-10-pro/5c7bee4a-ef19-4038-93f9-244f5bea2c01
  9. I Bought Windows 10 Pro but my PC Says I have Home

I Bought Windows 10 Pro but my PC Says I have Home: Hello. A couple of years ago I bought a Windows 10 Pro DVD for installation on a new computer. While installing I put in the Windows 10 Pro product key and it took it just fine. I'm just now noticing that in my settings it says my device is activated with Windows 10 Home. I...
  10. Upgrade from Win 10 Home to PRO

Upgrade from Win 10 Home to PRO: I have purchased an upgrade from Win 10 Home to PRO from Microsoft. When I click on install on the upgraed site I get a message " something happend and we couldn't start the upgrade" No error code or any other info. I turned off anti-virous and fire wall. I don't have key...