Windows 10: Windows 10 Home trying to download a old NVIDIA driver problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Home trying to download a old NVIDIA driver problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I fear Win10 updates so every time I turn on the PC I click in the windows update to see what it downloads! Today I saw a NVIDIA driver with a old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Needhelpwithwin, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Home trying to download a old NVIDIA driver problem

I fear Win10 updates so every time I turn on the PC I click in the windows update to see what it downloads!

Today I saw a NVIDIA driver with a old date from 2016 and I quickly disabled my internet connection like I was being hacked or something *Smile

I never had this problem before but since I have it now I googled a little and used this solution:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2uojmeu.jpg

But Windows 10 still wants to download the driver after I restarted the PC!! Any way to prevent that?

:)

Needhelpwithwin, Feb 7, 2017
  2. SinghSync Win User

Which version of nVidia driver should I use for Windows 10 Pro 64-bit?

Try Nvidia display drivers from MSI site. Do not download drivers from Nvidia site or Windows Update.

Before installing drivers delete your all old drivers. Let's see if it works.

SinghSync, Feb 7, 2017
  3. Wil6bur Win User
    Windows 10 Update Nvidia GeForce 6150 se Nforce 430 porblem

I'm a Home User currently running Windows 7 on a Gateway Desktop PC, and I have reserved the Windows 10 Free Upgrade. The Graphics Card on this PC was an on-board NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. After
    receiving an incompatibility message when running the Windows 10 compatibility utility, I installed a new Nvidia card GeForce 8500gt and installed the Windows 10 compatible driver. I then uninstalled the old GeForce 430 driver. I then ran Windows update
    for version 7. When trying to install Windows 10 Upgrade, it is still returning the old video driver when it does the compatibility check. Anybody know of a work around on this?

Wil6bur, Feb 7, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Home trying to download a old NVIDIA driver problem

Well in the end Windows 10 just forced the update down on my poor PC and now from NVIDIA driver version 376.33 now I have version 376.53 installed by Windows! Not sure why but the driver listing on NVIDIA site does not shows 376.53! Why not update to 378.49 that is the latest???

Any ideas why? till now all is well but...

Needhelpwithwin, Feb 7, 2017
  5. Happened to me too. Ok I was running a real old 358.xxx set but I hated this catching me before work this morning. These should be optional as I only want to update things like GPU drivers when I'm good and ready. I hate the way Windows does this

and yes I don't get why it didn't choose the latest although given that nvidia updates drivers every time the wind changes it may be just as well as I certainly don't want Windows update pushing these so regularly

Scottyboy99, Feb 8, 2017
  6. Glad to see I'm not the only one! I have nothing against update video drivers but I don't like to update often cause they might push something messed up *Smile I usually like to update only when I really need. Anyway I played a lot today both 2D and 3D games and everything is okay but I really hope that change I made prevents a next forced video driver update!!

Needhelpwithwin, Feb 8, 2017
  7. I googled around and this has happened to a lot of people and generated quite a bit of heat. I did some brief testing and my games (not that I play much these days) seem ok. 3D Mark scores more or less identical to before so all appears ok. I thought a read somewhere that the creators update may allow us to make driver updating optional once again but I might be wrong

Scottyboy99, Feb 8, 2017
  8. Windows 10 Home trying to download a old NVIDIA driver problem

Yeah glad we are both OK still almost had a heart attack!

Thanks for the answers man! At least everything worked out fine so see you in the next update hahahaha

9. Carsomyr Win User
    Download the GPU driver you wish to install, then go here and download DDU. Run DDU (click the reboot in safe mode option, then pick clean and restart). While it is running you should get a message saying DDU has disabled a feature where windows automatically downloads driver updates. After rebooting you are free to install your desired driver and should never have this issue again unless you reinstall windows.

DDU is posted on GeForce Forums, it is a sort of unofficially endorsed work around Windows 10 Home trying to download a old NVIDIA driver problem :p

Carsomyr, Feb 8, 2017
  10. Thanks man! I knew DDU but I just used in my old laptop to fix problems! This new one never had any problems so I never really installed DDU.

I never knew it had a feature like that!! But is it safe? I mean it will probably edit something on Windows so can this edit cause updates problem in the future? You know how Windows is *Smile Maybe it's better to just leave it the way it is now *Shock

11. Carsomyr Win User
    I have used DDU for what seems liek forever now. No known issues. I swear by it personally I always uninstall old drivers with it now *Wink

Carsomyr, Feb 8, 2017
  12. Thanks! Guess it's time to start using it in the next driver uninstall *Smile

13. Bastet Win User

Windows 10 Home trying to download a old NVIDIA driver problem

For some strange reason I don't get driver updates via WU (everything is set to do so) so I use the WU mini tool, it offered a nVidia driver which although the version number was higher than installed the date was 2016 (Oct), the latest one offered by th nVidia website was dated January, I chose the official nVidia website's version. Seemed strange though.

Bastet, Feb 8, 2017
  14. Yeah for me it was the first time ever to get a driver update via WU. Microsoft works in mysterious ways *Smile

15. ihave same problem..

i search google for solution and i still can't find to fix that problem.

rickymalakian, Feb 18, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Home trying to download a old NVIDIA driver problem

1. Windows 10 Home trying to download a old NVIDIA driver problem - Similar Threads - Home trying download

2. a Nvidia driver problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    a Nvidia driver problem.: So i have a GTX 1650and when i leave my laptop on idle for a hour then the displays go dark. no bsod.i then need to force shutdown my laptophow do i fix it?oh the driver version and date:27.21.14.627025.05.2021...
  3. a Nvidia driver problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a Nvidia driver problem.: So i have a GTX 1650and when i leave my laptop on idle for a hour then the displays go dark. no bsod.i then need to force shutdown my laptophow do i fix it?oh the driver version and date:27.21.14.627025.05.2021...
  4. a Nvidia driver problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update trying to install old NVIDIA Display drivers?: I noticed that windows update keeps trying to install this driver "NVIDIA - Display - 26.21.14.3200 (2)" which seems to be dated around October 2019 or December 2019. Does anyone know why windows does this and how to stop it? I do actually have some vsync issues where vsync...
  6. Nvidia driver problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia driver problem: Hi A major computer failure destroyed all my data on C Drive and also on my backup Drives including my image files. Have reinstalled Windows 10 Version 1909, all my programs including latest Nvidia driver. My setup is Win10, Samsung 970 M2 SSD, 2x Samsung 860 SSD, 2080ti,...
  7. Nvidia driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia driver problem: Hi A major computer failure destroyed all my data on C Drive and also on my backup Drives including my image files. Have reinstalled Windows 10 Version 1909, all my programs including latest Nvidia driver. My setup is Win10, Samsung 970 M2 SSD, 2x Samsung 860 SSD, 2080ti,...
  8. New Nvidia-driver is old?? Says Windows 10

New Nvidia-driver is old?? Says Windows 10: I have just installed the newest WHQL driver from Nvidia 436.30 from 9/10/2019. After reboot, Windows Update now wants to download and install an older driver from 7/24/2019. How do I stop this driver"update" to my Nvidia-card without stopping all driverupdates from WU?...
  9. New Nvidia-driver is old?? Says Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Nvidia-driver is old?? Says Windows 10: I have just installed the newest WHQL driver from Nvidia 436.30 from 9/10/2019. After reboot, Windows Update now wants to download and install an older driver from 7/24/2019. How do I stop this driver"update" to my Nvidia-card without stopping all driverupdates from WU?...
  10. Windows 10, install old nvidia driver

Windows 10, install old nvidia driver: Hello tenforums i upgraded from 8.1 to 10 in the upgrade wave and no problems there. but then i encountered problemes with the nvidia driver for windows 10 and wanted to install the driver i used on 8.1 which is 347.88 but then the problem comes, its not possible to install...