Windows 10: Windows 10 Home unable to activate digital license after replacing motherboard 0xC004F213

Discus and support Windows 10 Home unable to activate digital license after replacing motherboard 0xC004F213 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop I built myself and purchased a Windows 10 Home digital license a few years back. [ATTACH] Any upgrade I have done over the years,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cmajewsk, May 28, 2020.

1. cmajewsk Win User

Windows 10 Home unable to activate digital license after replacing motherboard 0xC004F213

I have a laptop I built myself and purchased a Windows 10 Home digital license a few years back.

Windows 10 Home unable to activate digital license after replacing motherboard 0xC004F213 050d7e36-effc-48fa-8c02-7748f3608afe?upload=true.png

Any upgrade I have done over the years, has been met with a simple logging in with my Windows account to the machine and it activates. Now however, it seems my digital license is no longer one I own, as it is not activating Windows 10 and keeps pointing me to the Windows store to spend another $129. I guess I should have purchased a physical key and not this digital license, and I have been working with Microsoft since March to get this resolved and thus far no technician has been able to help me. In fact the last tier 3 technician posted here for me link. After that didn't get any traction, his final suggestion was to completely reformat my machine and reinstall Windows 10 Home. I did this from the Media Creation Tool, but still cannot get activated, and I am unable to contact that technician since the ticket is archived.

SLUI commands do nothing, and neither does the wmic command suggested in another thread. The Troubleshooter finds it cannot activate and presents a link to the store to buy another license. Clicking "I changed hardware on this device recently" cannot find any devices to activate. On my Microsoft account where my digital license is linked I see this machine in My Devices, but it won't activate. Unfortunately this article is woefully out of date as Windows 10 doesn't have a menu structure like this, but it shows how it should be working https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change and I have my Microsoft account setup on the machine like this as administrator and email address displayed, but it still will not activate. Any suggestions?

Windows 10 Home unable to activate digital license after replacing motherboard 0xC004F213 0a17b01d-3979-4838-922d-3d0cb451c3b1?upload=true.png

:)

cmajewsk, May 28, 2020

2. Digital license won't reactivate on new hardware (motherboard, cpu ram)

Hello,

I have a digital license of Windows 10 that is linked to my Windows account. I've just replaced my motherboard, cpu and ram and whenever I attempt to reactivate my license the activation troubleshoot says "Unable to activate Windows, We can't reactivate Windows
    on this device, Try again later.

Prior to changing my hardware I double checked my digital license, The activation said "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account"

If I run 'winver' It also lists the produced is licensed to my Microsoft account.

According to this article below, All I should have to do is goto the activation troubleshooter and everything should work.

Article Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

What are my next steps?

Thanks.

JonathanTC92, May 28, 2020
  3. Graf Dyon Win User
    Can't activate windows 10 after changing motherboard

Hello,

I can't activate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard.

The license I have is a Windows 7 Pro license, that got changed into a Windows 10 license, when the upgrade was free.

Steps I took previous to the motherboard change:

- I linked my Microsoft account with my device, so that my license is registered under my account (it showed up with my mail in the accounts section)

Now, with the new motherboard built in, I can't activate Windows 10 anymore.

I tried the support steps listed by the Microsoft helper (Activation -> Click Troubleshoot), but that did not work.

In the Activitation settings I get the error code: 0xC004F213

Does anybody know a solution for this, as I haven't found one so far.

Graf Dyon, May 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home unable to activate digital license after replacing motherboard 0xC004F213

Can't Activate Windows 10 Home Edition After A Motherboard Replacement

I recently built a PC about two weeks ago, bought a digital license in the Windows Store, and then decided to switch to a different motherboard last week. I cannot get Windows 10 to re-activate. I'm signed in with the same Microsoft account I purchased the
    license with, and I have followed the "Activation Troubleshooting" steps. Once I select my computer, I get the following message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

It also tells me I can go buy it. I have proof of purchases for my old motherboard, the one I replaced it with, and my digital license I bought in the Windows store. Don't understand why I can't reactivate.

hayesraven, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home unable to activate digital license after replacing motherboard 0xC004F213

1. Windows 10 Home unable to activate digital license after replacing motherboard 0xC004F213 - Similar Threads - Home unable activate

2. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license: Here is the detailed description of the problem:PC was built by me in 2011. Windows 7 Pro purchased retail version was installedproduct key was used and Windows activatedMachine was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via the 2015 free upgrade offer.Digital license was created by...
  3. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license: Here is the detailed description of the problem:PC was built by me in 2011. Windows 7 Pro purchased retail version was installedproduct key was used and Windows activatedMachine was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro via the 2015 free upgrade offer.Digital license was created by...
  4. Cannot reactivate Windows 10 after motherboard replacement with digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Digital License won't re-activate after a Reformat - Error: 0xC004F213

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital License won't re-activate after a Reformat - Error: 0xC004F213: Hi! As the title says - The reason I reformatted my C: SSD hard drive was because after a restart it booted me into this recovery page right after BIOS check. I got to choose between reformat, rollback recovery, repair etc, so I could not access my computer anymore so a...
  6. Windows licence activation after motherboard change - 0xC004F213

Windows licence activation after motherboard change - 0xC004F213: Hi, I just upgraded my PC with new motherboard, RAM and CPU. I tried to follow the procedure I found on the web to keep Windows. I made sure that my license is linked to my Microsoft account before changing motherboard. After everything was installed, I booted the PC and...
  7. Replaced the motherboard, unable to activate Windows

Replaced the motherboard, unable to activate Windows: I had to replace the motherboard and the processor on my PC. It was Windows 10 Home 64 bit with a legitimate box license. This license is transferable but I cannot activate my machine....
  8. Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my...

Not able to activate Win10 after Motherboard replacement, no digital license linked to my...: I upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate purchased software during the free upgrade period. I did not have presence of mind to link the digital license code to my MS account (seldom used nuisance). Recently I was forced to replace the Motherboard of my PC due to hardware failure. I am...
  9. Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Digital Access Not Activating After Replacing Motherboard: I have a copy of Windows 10 Home, that I got for free via the upgrade program when Windows 10 came out. I kept my digital entitlement key info written down just in case I ever needed it. I've recently had to replace both my motherboard and my GPU on my computer (but not my...
  10. Unable to re-activate Windows 10 digital license after a motherboard upgrade using a...

Unable to re-activate Windows 10 digital license after a motherboard upgrade using a...: I expected this to happen and before changing the motherboard I linked my microsoft account with my computer so the license would not be lost afterwards. But turns out something is not working as expected, because I cannot re-activate this computer with my license. The...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windos error code activation 0xc004f213