Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Update 1909 - Dell G5 Laptop - High temps and shorter battery life.

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Update 1909 - Dell G5 Laptop - High temps and shorter battery life. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dell G5 purchased 2019 - After upgrading to 1909, my temps have increased by 20c and the battery now lasts 2 hours. I reset windows and observed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ScD_47, Jun 8, 2020.

1. ScD_47 Win User

Windows 10 Home Update 1909 - Dell G5 Laptop - High temps and shorter battery life.

Dell G5 purchased 2019 - After upgrading to 1909, my temps have increased by 20c and the battery now lasts 2 hours.

I reset windows and observed temps and battery life via throttle stop see below to achieve 43c browsing with Firefox one tab open and battery life 4 hours.

Installed throttlestop settings -created battery profile / disable turbo /lockeded clock speed to 2.0ghz. Lowered cpu voltage by -56.6mV.

Win 10 Home then pushed update 1909 through resulting in the temps returning to 63c and battery 2 hours with Throttlestop battery profile and therefore confirming that Update 1909 causes a problem.

Please investigate why this is happening.

:)

ScD_47, Jun 8, 2020

2. battery life

good evening,

has anyone noticed a shortened battery life with windows 10 or is around 2 hours good for a laptop battery to last without using the charger. I bought my dell e6410 with windows 7 ultimate on it but only used it for a little while that night before upgrading it to windows 10 pro so really don't know if it lost any battery life. it has the i5 2.67 processor and the backlit keyboard. also seems to be the original battery for it as well.

pitbullpup, Jun 8, 2020
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home Update 1909 - Dell G5 Laptop - High temps and shorter battery life.

Windows 10 10% battery life slowing down my laptop

Greetings,
    Somebody please help me! I just upgraded my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 last tuesday. My laptop is Asus X555LB-XX198H(i75500U,8GB RAM,2GM VRAM, 1TB HDD). When my battery life is 10% my pc slow down dramatically & when I checked the computer frequency in the task manager it is in 0.48GHz it's not going up or down either. I don't know if it is the battery saver of the win10 problem or not. I already tried changing my battery power from balanced to high performance but it doesn't help. In the 10% battery life of my laptop my mouse cursor hardly move and the files and this laptop seems to move at slow motion. Please help me solve this problem.

Here pic of evidence.
    Windows 10 Home Update 1909 - Dell G5 Laptop - High temps and shorter battery life. [​IMG]

Thank You In Advance,

GuardianAngeL06, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Update 1909 - Dell G5 Laptop - High temps and shorter battery life.

1. Windows 10 Home Update 1909 - Dell G5 Laptop - High temps and shorter battery life. - Similar Threads - Home Update 1909

2. Battery Life Ruined By Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery Life Ruined By Windows Update: So I have used my laptop for a couple of months at its point with no problem. The battery life was 8 hours, and it kept cool, with the CPU and GPU at around 40C under regular workload. However, recently, my battery life went down to 1.5 hours, and my CPU started to heat up to...
  3. Laptop battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop battery life: My laptop stays always stay at around 28%. How can I move it higher up so that it will last longer without the power cord ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-life/5e177013-db27-417b-b84b-b9a71ae490a6
  4. Optimizing battery life on a Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimizing battery life on a Windows 10 laptop: Just like the topic says, how do I do this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optimizing-battery-life-on-a-windows-10-laptop/77809a06-eb46-4b5f-84a4-cd2666f4dc15
  5. laptop battery life

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop battery life: If I am using my laptop mostly as a desktop, will it hurt my battery's overall lifetime if I leave it plugged in almost continuously? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-battery-life/aafec315-5acc-4837-b7f4-8671c54841c7
  6. Windows 10 version 1909 Improvement In Battery Life + Performance ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1909 Improvement In Battery Life + Performance ?: Hi, One of the change-logs for Windows 10 1909 talks about improvements in general battery life and power efficiency for devices with certain processors & introducing a new processor rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores. I cannot...
  7. Windows 10 version 1909 promises battery life boost

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1909 promises battery life boost: Microsoft is expected to announce Windows 10 version 1909 (codenamed 19H2) later this week and it’s practically going to be a service pack. Release Preview Ring Insiders have already been offered Windows 10 version 1909 and it will apparently roll out to all supported...
  8. Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update: Last week, the Windows 10 1809 update appeared for my 2017 Surface Pro Core i7, and I decided to give it a go. All in all the update runs great on the Surface Pro, but the battery life seems to noticeably drain quicker than 1803. Has anyone else seen increased power...
  9. Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery Life with Windows 10 1809 Update: Last week, the Windows 10 1809 update appeared for my 2017 Surface Pro Core i7, and I decided to give it a go. All in all the update runs great on the Surface Pro, but the battery life seems to noticeably drain quicker than 1803. Has anyone else seen increased power...
  10. Battery life with windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life with windows 10: Initially battery life increased for my laptop ASUS S400CA from 2:35 to 3:35. Now it has come down to 2:30. In between I changed battery saver from 100 to 60. Now again I changed to 100. Still battery life is going down. I would like to know about other users exp. Any...