Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Update - All file transfers to External Drive Now Missing

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Update - All file transfers to External Drive Now Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title suggests, all file transfers I made to my WD Elements 5TB portable hard drive on the day that Windows 10 Home updated in the background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Minskintin, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home Update - All file transfers to External Drive Now Missing

As the title suggests, all file transfers I made to my WD Elements 5TB portable hard drive on the day that Windows 10 Home updated in the background without me realising are now lost. It was only the next day when I started the pc that I could see there was an update as it was being configured at startup. I cannot see the files on my drive. It's as if I never put them there. All other data transferred before that day and even a test I did after that day are just fine so it appears the update either deleted, hid or corrupted the files. Hours and hours of video footage is currently lost. How d

:)

Minskintin, Aug 10, 2021
  2. Valix80 Win User

Cannot transfer files from the laptop to the drives

Original Title: Windows10 & External Hard Drive

Hi,

I've connected my two LaCie external hard drives (rugged and D2 Quadra) to a Windows 10 laptop but they both are not working. They are ExFat and I've tried to reformat them. Windows 10 can see the drives, I can copy and paste files from
    the drives to the laptop. But I cannot transfer files from the laptop to the drives. All the drivers are updated. It looks like my dives are not fully compatible with Windows10? Any suggestions please? Can I have a list of external hard drives compatible with
    Windows 10 please?

Valix80, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Steevo Win User
    Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Aug 10, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Home Update - All file transfers to External Drive Now Missing

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Update - All file transfers to External Drive Now Missing

1. Windows 10 Home Update - All file transfers to External Drive Now Missing - Similar Threads - Home Update file

2. external hard drive transfer files to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard drive transfer files to pc: Can someone please refer me to an easy reference to transfer music files from an external hard drive to my laptop with windows 10when i plug in the external hard drive it shows as a device but that's it with some indistinguishable files. The files don't pen in Windows 10....
  3. external hard drive transfer files to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external hard drive transfer files to pc: Can someone please refer me to an easy reference to transfer music files from an external hard drive to my laptop with windows 10when i plug in the external hard drive it shows as a device but that's it with some indistinguishable files. The files don't pen in Windows 10....
  4. Missing files on external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing files on external drive: Some part of my game back ups are missing. The missing parts classifield as system files. Is there any way to recover them without third party softwares or formatting. I can access like 250 gb of files but rest of all missing. And my external drive is tagged local disk,...
  5. Missing files on external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing files on external drive: Some part of my game back ups are missing. The missing parts classifield as system files. Is there any way to recover them without third party softwares or formatting. I can access like 250 gb of files but rest of all missing. And my external drive is tagged local disk,...
  6. Missing files on external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File transfer to an external drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer to an external drive does not work.: Whenever I try to transfer any files to or from an external drive the dialogue box says "DESTINATION FOLDER ACCESS DENIED".When tried same from other device it works....
  8. File transfer to an external drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File transfer to an external drive does not work.: Whenever I try to transfer any files to or from an external drive the dialogue box says "DESTINATION FOLDER ACCESS DENIED".When tried same from other device it works....
  9. File Transfer Success, All Files Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Transfer Success, All Files Missing: So I've got an odd question, though not sure how to word it so please bear with my rambling of the "issue". I backed up data from a user directory (robocopy, /copyall) and it worked wonders. After instillation of Windows 10 I attempted to transfer the files back to the HDD....
  10. Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home desktop folders and files all are missing?: My desktop files and folders all are missing? One of my desktop folders are MP3 files are missing and it is only one copy. Magically one of folder MP3 songs are able to be played in my music box in the playing list. It is only one copy. I have turned on OneDrive to...