Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Update Failure, Again; Manually downloading and installing updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Update Failure, Again; Manually downloading and installing updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I've had the May 14th updates fail, again. It takes all day to download and to attempt to install. After the computer restarts, I get the failed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MadEdu, May 19, 2019.

1. MadEdu Win User

Windows 10 Home Update Failure, Again; Manually downloading and installing updates

Hello. I've had the May 14th updates fail, again. It takes all day to download and to attempt to install. After the computer restarts, I get the failed message and that Windows is undoing changes and then my laptop restarts again.

Specifically these are the updates that are failing:

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.293.1947.0)

2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4494441)

2019-05 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 (KB4499405)

2019-05 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4497932)

Is there any way to download them and install them one by one? This is what I used to do on Windows 7 and it alleviated any bandwidth issues with download.

I've disabled Avast and Malwarebytes so they aren't the problem this time the updates are failing. I've removed my installed language packs (aside from English, of course) because I read somewhere on support that these could affect previous updates--and I haven't reinstalled them yet.

My laptop is an HP 15-f387wm with an AMD A8 -7410 APU and an AMD R7 GPU. I'm running Windows 10 home 64bit 1809 v. 17763.475

I'd appreciate any suggestions offered to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance.

:)

MadEdu, May 19, 2019
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, May 19, 2019
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, May 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home Update Failure, Again; Manually downloading and installing updates

Microsoft Advises Against Installing The Creators Update Manually

Really *Laugh :laugh:*Laugh :laugh:*Laugh :laugh:*Laugh :laugh:*Roll :roll:*Roll :roll:*Roll :roll: Microsoft having a Vista flashback*Roll :roll:*Bang Head :banghead:

dorsetknob, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Update Failure, Again; Manually downloading and installing updates

1. Windows 10 Home Update Failure, Again; Manually downloading and installing updates - Similar Threads - Home Update Failure

2. Manually Downloading Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually Downloading Windows Updates: I have an old desktop, custom-built for me in 2011, running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional, and I've run into an issue with DPC latency, which leads to stuttering audio. Specifically this started happening when I purchased a Scarlet 18I20 Third Generation USB audio interface....
  3. Manually Downloading Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually Downloading Windows Updates: I have an old desktop, custom-built for me in 2011, running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional, and I've run into an issue with DPC latency, which leads to stuttering audio. Specifically this started happening when I purchased a Scarlet 18I20 Third Generation USB audio interface....
  4. windows updates fail + 20H2 manual installation failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows updates fail + 20H2 manual installation failure: Hello, my current win 10 pro version is 2004, for the past months I have troubles with windows update, I get this error: There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help....
  5. Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?

Manually downloading/installing updates for win10?: I normally have updates set for manual: detect but advise only, pending manual execution (download and install). Years ago, on win7, I got bitten badly several times by doing the monthly patch update immediately. The bad patches were recalled by MS within a day or 2, but for...
  6. Manually download and install windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Manually download and install windows update: Is there a way to download the latest latest update of windows manually? Because my wifi in my pc randomly dont recognize any router i already tried everything i already reinstall windows but still wifi is still not working hoping the latest update fix this cause i heard this...
  7. How to download and install Windows updates manually

in Windows 10 News
    How to download and install Windows updates manually: Most home devices that run a version of Microsoft's Windows operating system are updated using Windows Update. Windows Update is a comfortable solution to install patches for the operating system with minimal effort; downside to using Windows Update is that administrators are...
  8. How to manually download and install Windows 10 cumulative updates

in Windows 10 News
    How to manually download and install Windows 10 cumulative updates: Windows 10 as a service is updated frequently with improvements, fixes, and security patches. On every second Tuesday of the month, a compulsory Windows 10 update is released and optional updates are also shipped every month. Windows Updates are normally installed...
  9. Windows update downloading update again and again.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update downloading update again and again.: I downloaded an update called 19H1; it downloaded 70% and then I turned my PC off, when I started my PC today, the update didn't start from 70% but from 0%, any fix??? it happened like four times. Do anyone has this problem...???...
  10. Manually Download Update

Manually Download Update: I have a limited wifi issue. Toshiba states update KB3114149 may solve the issue. I can't determine if this update was included when I upgraded to 10586/1511 as it is not listed in Update History. Is there a way to manually download that update ? 32690

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft support Windows 10 version 1903 Error 0x80070005