Windows 10: Windows 10 home update moved my desktop folders and cant find them

Discus and support Windows 10 home update moved my desktop folders and cant find them in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, My Windows 10 home update showing me critical issues. After a current update it moved all my files and folder from desktop and I cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Immy27, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Immy27 Win User

Windows 10 home update moved my desktop folders and cant find them

Hi there,

My Windows 10 home update showing me critical issues.

After a current update it moved all my files and folder from desktop and I cant find them even in windows.old folder. I can see

some folders from desktop and rest of them are missing. I checked in "user" and almost everywhere but no success. I can see

they still occupied same space in my C drive. Does anyone know how to find and move back those files.

I will appreciate your help and concerns

Best:

Immy

:)

Immy27, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 19, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Feb 19, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 home update moved my desktop folders and cant find them - Similar Threads - home update moved

2. Home Folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Folder on desktop: Hi!Today I powered on my pc and after an update an Home folder apperead on my desktop as a shortcut to the file explorer home section.How do I disable it?I've done some research on google but I found nothing....
  3. My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22: My laptop was automatically updated with a Windows 10 update on 8.11.22. I know this because my laptop was on when I went to bed and in the middle of the night the login screen was displayed, which is typical after an update. After the update, one of my programs couldn't find...
  4. My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22: My laptop was automatically updated with a Windows 10 update on 8.11.22. I know this because my laptop was on when I went to bed and in the middle of the night the login screen was displayed, which is typical after an update. After the update, one of my programs couldn't find...
  5. My "Documents" folder moved to my Desktop with the latest Windows 10 update on 8.11.22

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. i cant find my desktop files and folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i cant find my desktop files and folders: hi.. I have a serious problem! today morning we have a Power cut .. i was working on some e-learining materials then after 1.5 hours the power came again and I open the pc. and the surprise was that most of my desktop files and folders are gone! but when i serch files i can...
  7. Finding Home folder in Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding Home folder in Windows 10 1909: I am trying to find the home folder and these are the instructions I got but they dont make sense to my: To find your Home folder, open Finder and use the keyboard shortcut Command-Shift-H. You can use the Go pull-down menu from the menu bar to go to the Home folder.:...
  8. Windows Update 1803 cant find desktop

Windows Update 1803 cant find desktop: Hi, so im stuck inside an endless loop. I am on version 1709 and windows forces an update to 1803. Then when i get on i get a black desktop with no icons and an error message saying desktop cannot be found. I restart and it restores the 1709 version of windows and it all...
  9. I cant find Windows 10 Home ISO

I cant find Windows 10 Home ISO: I have Dell XPS that free upgraded to Windows 10 Home, the Windows was crashed, All the Media Creation located now is only supporting windows 10 PRO. how can I have Media for Windows 10 Home, can some one get me the link for the iso Download or the Good Microsoft Media...
  10. Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10: How to: Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10 How to Move Your Desktop Folder Location in Windows 10 The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves as a surface for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update moved my files

2. windows update moved all my files

3. windows 10 has moved all of my folders

4. windows updated moved my home directory,
  5. windows update just moved all of my folders,
  6. windows upgrade moved my home folder,
  7. desktop windows 10 moved update