Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Upgrade asking to remove Windows Media Center during install. Log says to...

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Upgrade asking to remove Windows Media Center during install. Log says to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Have been trying to install Windows10 upgrade on Windows 7 Home Premium system with Windows Media Center. After 25+ tries it's getting old. Always ask... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MSW10-Newbie, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home Upgrade asking to remove Windows Media Center during install. Log says to...

Have been trying to install Windows10 upgrade on Windows 7 Home Premium system with Windows Media Center.

After 25+ tries it's getting old. Always ask for me to remove WMC during a "confirm" screen.

Continues on to updates and then WIN10 blue screen installing with rotating dots.

Always end back in WIN 7 home screen with message window saying "Failed to install Windows 10".

SetupDiagResults.log always says:

Warning: Found Dismissible Block for: "Windows Media Center is installed on this PC".

Error: SetupDiag reports abrupt down-level failure.
    Last Operation: Finalize

Error: 0xC1900101 - 0x50016 <<cannot find this error on MS??

LogEntry: 2020-01-22 22:38:02, Error MOUPG CDlpActionFinalize::ExecuteSetupPlatformFinalize1077: Result = 0xC1900101[gle=0x000000b7]

You must manually uninstall "Windows Media Center is installed on this PC" before continuing with the installation/update, or change the command line parameters to ignore warnings if you are using the "/quiet" parameter.

I cannot remove WMC from WIN 7, I can only disable it in features.

Tried SFC, clean boot, Image download and install from media, install immediate in place, quiet parameter, etc.

Still same ending and problem.

Why is install asking me to remove WMC when the WIN10 install is suppose to do this?

:)

MSW10-Newbie, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Law-II Win User

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Windows 10 Home Upgrade asking to remove Windows Media Center during install. Log says to...

Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Upgrade asking to remove Windows Media Center during install. Log says to...

1. Windows 10 Home Upgrade asking to remove Windows Media Center during install. Log says to... - Similar Threads - Home Upgrade asking

2. Only Home when upgrading Win 8.1 Pro with Media Center notebook to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Only Home when upgrading Win 8.1 Pro with Media Center notebook to Windows 10: I would like to upgrade my notebook to Windows 10 it lacks TPM2, so no Win 11It was bought with Windows 8 Home preinstalled, I've bought Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center electronically.Now if I try to upgrade, the upgrade program claims it's not possible. If I install on an...
  3. Only Home when upgrading Win 8.1 Pro with Media Center notebook to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Home when upgrading Win 8.1 Pro with Media Center notebook to Windows 10: I would like to upgrade my notebook to Windows 10 it lacks TPM2, so no Win 11It was bought with Windows 8 Home preinstalled, I've bought Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center electronically.Now if I try to upgrade, the upgrade program claims it's not possible. If I install on an...
  4. Only Home when upgrading Win 8.1 Pro with Media Center notebook to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 upgrade of Windows 8.1 Media Center

Windows 10 upgrade of Windows 8.1 Media Center: I have MS 8.1 Media Center with thousands of dollars of purchased software installed on it. Due to a fire in our office I have lost all the original installation CD's for that software. Question is, I'm ready to move to Windows 10 and Office 2019. Can I upgrade to...
  6. Windows 10 as media center?

Windows 10 as media center?: Which version of Windows 10 should I use as a media center for accessing NAS held movies plus living room browsing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-as-media-center/65485306-6402-456a-9d50-70c767f3bf9b
  7. Windows 10 Upgrade Failing - because of media center?

Windows 10 Upgrade Failing - because of media center?: I have been attempting to do an in place upgrade of windows 7 professional to windows 10 for the last few weeks and can't get it to work. I used the windows media creation tool to download windows 10 to an ISO file on the computer which I then extracted. I run setup and it...
  8. How to install Windows Media Center?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to install Windows Media Center?: Hi im used Windows 7 for a long time and used Windows Media Center.Now im bought a new PC with Windows 10 and I don't have Media Center.Im followed the instructions on a YouTube but it didn't work.Can I get some help?...
  9. How to install Windows Media Center into Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to install Windows Media Center into Windows 10: Hi I cant see this mentioned, but it has been available for about 7 weeks as an unofficial installation Please advise if a heads up is required 28269
  10. Windows Media Center with W10 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Center with W10 upgrade?: Can someone confirm if this is true? I was told that if you upgrade to 10 from 8.1 that has WMC, that the program will still be there. It apparently is only lost if you do a clean install. Is that true? The main reason I havent upgraded to 10 is bc I thought it meant losing...