Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Upgrade Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Upgrade Problems in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Lately, Windows 10 has been annoying me to no end. Google Chrome takes forever to run processes, tasks are stuck loading, etc. I recently got a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kurokette, Jan 11, 2016.

1. kurokette Win User

Windows 10 Home Upgrade Problems

Lately, Windows 10 has been annoying me to no end. Google Chrome takes forever to run processes, tasks are stuck loading, etc.

I recently got a new laptop which came pre-installed with Windows 10. However, as I go under Settings and then About, there's only a line that says "Edition" with "Windows 10 Home" next to it. There's no line that says "Version" or "OS Build." If it helps any, I ordered this laptop in November, so HP may not have put in the November update into the laptop.

My guess is that all of these problems are happening due to Windows 10 not being upgraded. BUT I have tried to go into Windows Update, but it takes FOREVER to load, and just won't show any updates. I've also tried the Windows 10 Setup program, but that's stuck on "getting a few things ready."

My question is, how can I upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Version 1511, preferably without losing many files?

Also, it has NOT been 31 days since I've received this new laptop, so should I just wait for Windows to notify me to upgrade? Will it even notify me?

Thanks!

:)

kurokette, Jan 11, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Xilibrius Win User
    Desktop Drag and Drop Disabled in Windows 10?

I just upgraded my mother's computer from windows 7 home premium to windows 10 home and have no problem dragging and dropping Icons on her desktop. Does the problem lie with windows 10 pro? can anyone confirm this problem on a windows 10 home edition upgrade?

Xilibrius, Jan 11, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

What or how did you get ..... Settings , About ?

Type winver into the search bar next to the Start button > press Enter.
    That will tell you what you have.

Windows 10 Home Upgrade Problems [​IMG]

davidhk, Jan 11, 2016
  5. kurokette Win User
    I did as so, and I have Version 10.0 with Build 10240, but not Version 1511.

My main question is, will Windows notify me to upgrade to Version 1511 after 31 days have passed? If not, are there any ways I can do it on my own?

kurokette, Jan 11, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Yes, you can wait for Windows Update to upgrade you from 10240 to 10586.

If you don't want to wait, you can install now by downloading the ISO file.

Use one of the 2 links below:
    Media Creation Tool ( MCT ) :
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Using MCT as example................
    Download the Tool and run it.
    Then select Create installation media for another PC
    That will begin downloading the ISO file to your computer.
    When download is completed, RIGHT click at the ISO > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    That will begin installing Windows 10.
    You have the choice of keeping settings, files and apps, or keeping nothing.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Jan 11, 2016
  7. kurokette Win User
    I tried the MCT approach, and began downloading the ISO file, but it's stuck on "Getting a few things ready," which seems to be loading forever. Would the Tech Bench process surpass this issue, or is there another way?

Thanks!

kurokette, Jan 11, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Tech Bench will not make the difference.
    No, I don't know of another way.
    My only suggestion is ........ wait and let the installation work on its own way.
    Sorry, that's all I can offer.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home Upgrade Problems - Similar Threads - Home Upgrade Problems

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 7 HP upgraded to Windows 10. Now I want upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro, but generic key is not accepted.slmgr /dli shows my translation from polish:Name: WindowsR, Core EditionDescription: WindowsR Operating System, OEM_DM channelPartial...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 7 HP upgraded to Windows 10. Now I want upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro, but generic key is not accepted.slmgr /dli shows my translation from polish:Name: WindowsR, Core EditionDescription: WindowsR Operating System, OEM_DM channelPartial...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem: I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Home and after making sure it was up to date I went to Settings/Update/Activation/Microsoft Store and purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade. I clicked Install on the Microsoft Store window and when done I got the following error. "We can't...
  6. Problem with upgrade from #windows 10 Home to Pro

Problem with upgrade from #windows 10 Home to Pro: When I tried to do this using a newly purchased Product Key, I got the error code 0x80070057. What does this mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-upgrade-from-windows-10-home-to-pro/8391de08-d323-40b4-b0c3-9a81424abf0e
  7. Upgrade problem with Windows 7 Home x 32 edition to Windows 10 Home

Upgrade problem with Windows 7 Home x 32 edition to Windows 10 Home: Hi, I tried to upgrade a friends pc from Windows 7 Home x32 edition to Windows 10 x 32 Home edition Unfortunately I did not obtain what windows 7 Home x32 build he has. There is no further information in System that states what version of Windows 7 Home he has. I have...
  8. Problem with upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro

Problem with upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi, I bought a Dell Laptop one and half years ago which comes preinstalled with Windows 10 Home. On the month of October, 2019 I purchased Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store and my OS was smoothly upgraded. A few days back I reinstalled Windows 10 again in my machine with...
  9. Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education

Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education: Hello I am working as a volunteer at our local school. We just recieved 10 Lenovo E31-70, who are all running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1511. Through Microsoft License Center, we can license 50 machines with a MAK key. So i started up the first one, got to do the...
  10. Upgrade to windows 10 home

Upgrade to windows 10 home: I am helping a friend update an older laptop that has windows 7 home 64bit on it. When the update starts and it checks to see if everything is acceptable will it stop the process if there is any programs that are not acceptable? He feels that there is one on this machine...