Windows 10: Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

Discus and support Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Christopher Vela, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that the machine is now Windows 10 Enterprise. Why is this occurring so often? How can an upgrade from Home to Pro suddenly become Enterprise, and on top of that, not activated? I'm paying for these upgrades, yet I'm not receiving them. Are there any steps that I must take to prevent this from happening? Is it inevitable?

:)

Christopher Vela, Mar 6, 2019

2. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro

Hello,

I need to downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro.

1. I had windows 8.1 home and upgraded to windows 10 home, using the media creation tool 1809.
    2. After windows 10 home installation , I went to Settings > Updates and Security > Activation > Go to Microsoft Store. Bought Windows 10 Pro, but instead of Install I did upgrade to workstation.
    So now I have Windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it, which is normal, cause I bought windows 10 Pro and not Enterprise.

How can I downgrade it to Windows 10 Pro?

Thank you in advance.

LeonidasLangouranis, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

How to activate Windows 10 Enterprise?

Windows 10 Enterprise edition is a volume license client and is usually a managed client operating system in large organizations where it is often deployed. You might want to consult your System/Network Administrator about availability.

Windows 10 Activation reports your license will soon expire.

This can happen for a number of reasons:

• You copied a Windows 10 Enterprise off the Internet (usually a volume license - organization - key) and changed on a Windows 10 Home or Pro installation. Windows 10 Enterprise is not free. If this is what you did, you will need to reinstall
      the previous edition or version you were running. You inadvertently installed the wrong edition.
      • The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from should correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro will installWindows 10 Pro

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (Admin)

Enter the following:

Licensingdiag.exe -report %userprofile%\desktop\report.txt -log %userprofile%\desktop\repfiles.cab

Hit Enter

Copy and paste the results in a reply to this thread for further analysis.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

1. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise? - Similar Threads - Home upgrade Pro

2. Activated Windows 10 Home upgraded to not activated Windows 10 Enterprise by itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activated Windows 10 Home upgraded to not activated Windows 10 Enterprise by itself: Hi, So my question is, why my activated Windows 10 Home upgraded itself to not activated Windows 10 Enterprise? This happened after I installed AMD Radeon Software....
  3. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated: Bought this HP computer at Costco last year. It came with Windows 10 Home. I need encryption so I paid Microsoft $99 to upgrade to Pro so I could have BitLocker. After the upgrade, I now have the "Activate Windows" watermark. The activate page in settings is showing error...
  4. Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated

Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated: Hi, I was having Windows 10 Home version on my laptop and I upgraded it and bought Windows 10 Pro edition, through Microsoft Store. My payment was successful. But, after the Windows has upgraded and restarted, I have activation issues because now edition is Enterprise even...
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi/6d21d6d7-1500-4458-b69f-3ee07b1f66c0
  6. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but become Windows 10 Enterprise and activation is failing

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but become Windows 10 Enterprise and activation is failing: Hello, I have purchased and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home using Windows Store yesterday. But my Windows has become Windows 10 Enterprise and activation is failing by 0xC004F211. What should I do?...
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro from Home, got Enterprise that is not activated instead.: Hi, I recently bought the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store for my laptop with Windows 10 Home installed. After the payment is finished, I got a notification to restart my laptop. When it is booted on, I checked the Settings > Activation page and instead of...
  8. Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise

Windows 10 Home suppose be upgraded to Pro, but it got upgraded to Enterprise: Yesterday, I went on the built-in Microsoft store, purchased the $99 Windows 10 Pro upgrade, after the transaction completed, it changed to an install button that I clicked on and went through the "Adding Features" updates. When I finished the update, I check my license, it...
  9. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?: Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible? Thanks 121474
  10. In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?

in Windows 10 Support
    In place Upgrade Windows Enterprise with Windows 10 Pro or Home?: Can I download a WIndows Home or Pro ISO file then use it to in-place upgrade a Windows Enterprise system? Will it not alter some GPO configured by a system admin if it is possible? Thanks 121474

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade windows home not activated to windows 10 pro

2. windows 10 pro upgrade not activated

3. upgraded to windows 10 pro but got enterprise wont activate

4. i upgraded to windows 10 pro and windows isnt activated,
  5. windows 10 store showing enterprise instead of pro,
  6. windows 10 pro upgrade became enterprise,
  7. upgrade windows 10 home to pro shows not activated and enterprise edition,
  8. upgrade to windows 10 pro not activated showing enterprise