Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Pro resulted in Enterprise being installed. Activation fails

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Pro resulted in Enterprise being installed. Activation fails in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My name is Rolf Jacobs *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I am logged into my Fridays Microsoft account using his name *** Email address is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MiltonRivera2, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Pro resulted in Enterprise being installed. Activation fails

My name is Rolf Jacobs *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I am logged into my Fridays Microsoft account using his name *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I am trying to set up Milt's new Laptop for testing. Costco HP with Windows HOME

He purchased an HP with Windows 10 HOME and Saturday he paid to upgrade to 10 PRO from the MS Store.

Somehow it installed Enterprise so now the Windows Activation fails.

I actually RESET the HP but it still shows having Enterprise.

I see others have had similar trouble.

Please advise.

His account is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Milt Rivera 714 307-9198

My Cell is 714 720-8315

Upgraded from Win 10 Home to Pro, Enterprise installed instead, asking for key which I don't have

Yesterday I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro via the Windows Store. My original install was done when the upgrade from 7 to 10 was free way back when. Today when using my computer I got a notification to activate Windows. When I go to the activation screen in settings I am told I have Windows 10 Enterprise and that I need to provide a product key: Error Code 0xC004F213. I purchased a digital license because that's what I was told to do since I did the free upgrade, so I don't have a product key. Microsoft support has been calling me but there's nobody there when I answer the phone. How do I solve this problem?

:)

MiltonRivera2, Jan 18, 2021

2. Just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, following update Windows is showing as version enterprise, and cannot activate with code 0x803F7001

As per the title, I just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade via my Microsoft account linked to my PC, and following this immediately clicked the install button.

Following the reboot, i find that it lists the version of Windows as Windows 10 Enterprise and that it cannot be activated with the error code: 0x803F7001

I have no idea why the Enterprise version has been installed, as I was expecting the Pro version, I am also assuming this is why the activation is failing as the digital upgrade I purchased was for the Pro edition.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? All searching through the Microsoft documents pointed me at a US phone number (I'm UK based) or this help community.

Many thanks.

WilliamHoward7, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but become Windows 10 Enterprise and activation is failing

Hello,
    I have purchased and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home using Windows Store yesterday.

But my Windows has become Windows 10 Enterprise and activation is failing by 0xC004F211.
    What should I do?

AtsushiKoge, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Pro resulted in Enterprise being installed. Activation fails

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that
    the machine is now Windows 10 Enterprise. Why is this occurring so often? How can an upgrade from Home to Pro suddenly become Enterprise, and on top of that, not activated? I'm paying for these upgrades, yet I'm not receiving them. Are there any steps that
    I must take to prevent this from happening? Is it inevitable?

Christopher Vela, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Pro resulted in Enterprise being installed. Activation fails

1. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Pro resulted in Enterprise being installed. Activation fails - Similar Threads - Home Upgrade Pro

2. Windows Pro Upgrade Purchased but Installed Windows Enterprise PLUS Failed Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro Upgrade Purchased but Installed Windows Enterprise PLUS Failed Activation: Bought an LG Gram computer from Costco which came with Windows 11 Home. I installed all the updates and the system showed activated. From the control panel I was referred to the Microsoft Store to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. After paying my $99, I got a blue box that allowed...
  3. Windows Pro Upgrade Purchased but Installed Windows Enterprise PLUS Failed Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro Upgrade Purchased but Installed Windows Enterprise PLUS Failed Activation: Bought an LG Gram computer from Costco which came with Windows 11 Home. I installed all the updates and the system showed activated. From the control panel I was referred to the Microsoft Store to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. After paying my $99, I got a blue box that allowed...
  4. Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Pro Enterprise. Now Windows is not activated: Bought this HP computer at Costco last year. It came with Windows 10 Home. I need encryption so I paid Microsoft $99 to upgrade to Pro so I could have BitLocker. After the upgrade, I now have the "Activate Windows" watermark. The activate page in settings is showing error...
  5. Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated

Upgraded edition to from Home to Windows 10 Pro, now Enterprise installed and not activated: Hi, I was having Windows 10 Home version on my laptop and I upgraded it and bought Windows 10 Pro edition, through Microsoft Store. My payment was successful. But, after the Windows has upgraded and restarted, I have activation issues because now edition is Enterprise even...
  6. Activation failed after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro

Activation failed after upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hello! I`ve just upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Pro edition via Microsoft Store, and after a restart Windows tells me that there is a problem with activation, error 0xC004F025. But I didn`t receive any new product key in my order confirmation email, and old key for Windows...
  7. Upgraded to Pro - It installed Enterprise - Won't activate

Upgraded to Pro - It installed Enterprise - Won't activate: I upgraded my Surface Go from Home to Pro that I purchased at the MS Store for $99. It downloaded and installed Enterprise. No key was sent and it won't activate. Tried to rollback to Home and it failed. Short of reformatting and purchasing a new hard copy, any fix?...
  8. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but become Windows 10 Enterprise and activation is failing

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro but become Windows 10 Enterprise and activation is failing: Hello, I have purchased and upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home using Windows Store yesterday. But my Windows has become Windows 10 Enterprise and activation is failing by 0xC004F211. What should I do?...
  9. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro becomes not activated Enterprise?: This is the second time in a row where I've upgraded a PC from Windows 10 Home to Pro via the Microsoft Store on the machine. However, upon restarting I get the message that shows that Windows isn't activated and in the computer properties it shows that the machine is now...
  10. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro failed to activate: I have been running Windows 10 Home on my Dell XPS8700 PC for over a year, but I decided to upgrade to the Pro version. I used the link in the settings under Activation and it took me to the Microsoft Store. I paid the upgrade fee and it seemed to upgrade no problem. But when...