Windows 10: Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro after hardware change and not activated windows on computer

Discus and support Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro after hardware change and not activated windows on computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi i had windows 8 and when the free upgrade came to W10 i used it now i change my parts and windows is not activated i have bought windows 10 pro but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EuleLanguste248, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro after hardware change and not activated windows on computer

Hi i had windows 8 and when the free upgrade came to W10 i used it now i change my parts and windows is not activated i have bought windows 10 pro but cant activate it and i get an error code when activating it 0x004f050 apparently its because the free upgrade was W10 home and i bought W10 pro so how can i solve this and also is there a way for me to get the free upgrade key?

Edit: sry for my non existent grammar

:)

EuleLanguste248, Jan 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 Hardware change

Technically, a new motherboard constitutes a new computer and if your current copy of Windows 10 was an upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, you need to buy a new W10 license. While the process may allow you to activate Windows 10 that was an upgrade, that does not make it legal to do so.

The current free Windows 10 program is only for people who currently have a legal copy of Window 7 or Windows 8.1 installed on their systems. And those upgrade licenses are NOT legally transferable to new computers.

If you purchased a full retail W10 license separately for your current computer and wish to install this W10 on this new computer, you can legally do that as long as you uninstalled it from the old computer.

Windows system builder licensing for personal use

The good new is, once you buy a new Windows 10 license, you can transfer it to a new computer as many times as you like. So this would be a one time purchase.

Bill_Bright, Jan 23, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Windows 10 Hardware change

No. That only applies to an OEM key. IF you had a retail key that you upgraded, you are more than welcome to transfer this key to another device, just as you would have been able to before the upgrade. The default for retail keys is three activations before you need to call in and get help with activation. Previously, it was required that you install your retail OS first and then upgrade, but the most recent build of Win10 removes that requirement and allows direct installation of Windows10 using your retail Win7/8/8.1 key.

cadaveca, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Kolby65 Win User

Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro after hardware change and not activated windows on computer

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro after hardware change and not activated windows on computer

1. Windows 10 Home upgrade to W10 Pro after hardware change and not activated windows on computer - Similar Threads - Home upgrade W10

2. Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change: Hi thereMy motherboard/cpu died and I have installed a new motherboard and cpu, everything else is the same.I have the message now that Windows is not activated. Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211I have tried the Troubleshoot...
  3. Activating Windows 10 Pro after Hardware change

Activating Windows 10 Pro after Hardware change: I have a Windows 10 Pro non-OEM which I originally purchased as XP Pro, then paid to upgrade to Windows 8 and took the upgrade route to Windows 10. The last time I upgraded the hardware 5 years ago I had no problems re-activating. I have just upgraded my Motherboard and...
  4. Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home: Hello, I cannot activate windows after an upgrade to Pro from Home. The watermark remains on screen at all times. All I want is to revert back to Windows 10 Home because it says my license is only valid for home, but I am stuck in pro and it gives me trouble when attempting...
  5. windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change

windows 10 home to pro upgrade after a hardware change: I bought my laptop with Windows 10 Home and purchased and upgraded to pro successfully. Recently I bought new 500gb SSD and replaced 256gb SSD, then reinstalled Windows 10 home. Then i linked my microsoft account and tried to upgrade to pro...it's showing error...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Activation After Hardware Change

Windows 10 Pro Activation After Hardware Change: Since call support seems to be refusing to hold up their end when it comes to appointment times, I'll turn here. I recently replaced my MOBO and CPU for my custom PC, resulting my W10 Pro not activating. I've tried the various solutions suggested by the troubleshoot dialog...
  7. Windows 10 home activation after a hardware upgrade

Windows 10 home activation after a hardware upgrade: I recently did a hardware upgrade on my PC. This included a new motherboard, CPU and two RAM sticks. After the upgrade I got a message on my screen saying: "Activate windows, go to settings to activate Windows". However, I can't activate it since I don't have my product key...
  8. Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.

Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.: I cant activate windows after I switched my motherboard. I ran the troubleshooter here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MVjNHYYhTE Also this picture is taken from https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ should I remove my old pc from my devices?[ATTACH]...
  9. Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!: I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter, selecing that I...
  10. Activating Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

Activating Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: Recently upgraded my home PC after a motherboard failure; it was older, so this includes a processor upgrade as well. After getting it operational again, I was plagued by the "Activate Windows" watermark in the bottom right corner of the screen. Following the standard...